Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Masterblend El Diablo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteamMyCarpets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Masterblend El Diablo
    Posted: 16/November/2010 at 5:55am
Hi all,

so I've purchased an el diablo tm last year and have been having multiple problems with it since. My pressure hose popped off a few times (which is not a big deal, inconvenient, but not a biggie), the machine lost power on me a few times dropping its rpms down to 1500 at full throttle causing black smoke to come out of the exhaust (to a point of setting off carbon monoxide alarms at clients houses! - No, I was not parked directly in front of the door).

I took the machine back to the shop where I've purchased it and at first I was told it was the air filter which I paid to have replaced. A few weeks later the same exact thing happened - lost power with smoke. Took it back again and once again I was told its the air filter (which I took off to see if the performace would restore - it didn't).
I've decided to check the spark plugs which were black with soot. Ordered new ones, put them in and ran the diablo for about TEN SECONDS. Took out the brand new spark plugs and have found them to be black as well!
My shop is on a block with a couple of good mechanics aso I went to them for advice. I explained the symptoms  and they said it looks like the engine is running "rich on gas" (which would explain the smoke from exhaust) and that the pressure should be checked in the engine. Ether way, I took the machine back to my supplier and told them that the engine is running rich on gas. They called someone who told them that the spark plugs have been updated and the machine needs different spark plugs then originally used and that I am to get them myself (I feel that masterblend should have let all the owners know about this problem (if thats the case) and supply them with the proper spark plugs) also was told that some part needs to be replaced and that its covered under warranty - so no biggie, stuff happens, they are making it right. So a week later the part comes in and I get a phone call from the supplier that the part came in but masterblend WILL NOT PAY FOR THE LABOR!?!?!?!? Around $300. 

- WORD TO MASTERBLEND... If I knew there were going to be such problems with your machine, I'd never buy one. Also, I didn't pay full price for a brand new machine only to be putting money into it in the first year. I'm in the market for my 4th tm... El Diablo was what I was going to purchase...  I think I'll stick with prochem... pathetic... Masterblend is like a portable carpet cleaner swearing that he "steam cleans." 
80% of success is showing up.
Sponsored Links

SteamMyCarpets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteamMyCarpets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2010 at 10:48pm
Received a phone call from the supplier with news that the engine will be replaced. Another 2 weeks without a truck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteamMyCarpets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/December/2010 at 4:15pm
Last week I've received the "Devil" back and its running like a champ! It doesn't burn oil anymore, carbon monoxide alarms don't go off and it doesn't lose rpm's.
- I believe it was just a defaulted engine. (That's My luck for Ya)
westcovina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westcovina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/December/2010 at 1:21pm
I own a El D and have had a few problems but fixed them all .

Do you have the Honda or Koehler  engine ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteamMyCarpets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/April/2011 at 10:10pm
Sorry for late reply. The engine was a honda and was replaced with another honda. It ran fine for a few months and died on me again. The second time it was replaced with a kohler and is fine for now. Last week a drive coupler went which was replaced under warranty.

Does anyone know if heating oil can be used for the heater in the diablo? I know diesel and kero. is recommended. Will heating oil work?
dmreed4311 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmreed4311 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/May/2011 at 6:03pm
I got to test one of these out at connections in april and I was very impressed, if I can find a good used one it will be my next purchase.
Carpet cleaning brandon Fl
Carpet Doctor inc.
10903 Brucehaven Dr.
Riverview Fl 33578
813-988-7946
kelly m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelly m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2011 at 2:29am
the ones i have out in the field have been relativly problem free...im told that high oil consumption on the honda is typical of that engine...other than the usuall machine glitches that all cleaning machines have...and we also recommend checking the oil every day on every machine before its started..and turning the choke off when it runs...helps alot
frankie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frankie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2011 at 3:04pm
I'm new to this site. I have a masterblend el diablo,its an awesome machine for it's size @ weight. Hope my honda engine , which has 977 hrs. runs another 4000 hrs.
frankie
 Post Reply Post Reply