Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

WOW!...this is some SERIOUS HEAT!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FooLingYu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WOW!...this is some SERIOUS HEAT!
    Posted: 21/December/2010 at 4:25pm

Truck Mount Deep Steam Cleaning Removing Heavy food Soiling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHvtl7BSkTo

Sponsored Links

John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/December/2010 at 10:49pm
You got that right FLY..What TM you running?
vacman2000 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vacman2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/December/2010 at 1:00pm
I have had portable that heat like that, it would all depend on what the water temprature was in your soloution tank
But in the Uk our heaters are more powerful as we can pull more power through our outlets. I always wondered why my kettle used to take ages to boil,as opposed to the UK kettles, then I rembered if you doubled the voltage you half the ampage, so a 3000 kw heater is 13 amp in the US you need 26 amps
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/December/2010 at 3:45pm

Great heat but poor wand design.

Seventy percent of the heat is being wasted into the atmosphere and creating a high humidity in the customers home. Not to mention how uncomfortable it must be for the operator.

You may also notice the over-spray coming off the edges of the wand soaking and streaking the carpet. Someone has created great heat but blew it with the wand design. Idea

We still need a better wand designed most wands have looked the same for years.

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vacman2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/December/2010 at 5:05pm
I noticed the over spray at the side.
Tell me what design of a wand you would like????????
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vacman2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/December/2010 at 2:41pm
I forgot to mention I am a wand manufacture. So if you need something new just let me know, we had a cad designer, so we can draw anything up.
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/December/2010 at 6:00pm
I see you have the side shields for overspray.. What you need to do is
change the jets to a lesser spray width. You prob have (110)03s. Change
them to 95 or less and maybe lower the psi. At least you sucked up the
overspray.. I've watched some ccers vids and they didn't bother sucking
up the overspray...

Did you run lukewarm or hot water through your system to get that heat?
Or are you useing propane, HE or.....................?
FooLingYu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FooLingYu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/December/2010 at 6:08pm

Question:

no offense, but you really do have the psi up way to high. you can always tell by the popping sound when you trigger the wand and by the excess water coming from the sides of the wand..commercial carpet is best done and a lower psi to prevent wicking, but it looks nice..like to get a shot of your machine..i have a 405 with 4 cyl, 3 HX. liquid, blower and exhaust, and i dont really see heat like that.

Answer:

"Thank You for your Comment! I have to admit the pressure was up high yes but after the Camera ran out of Record Time I did Follow with Slow Dry Passes and speed Dry with air movers, I had no issues with wicking or Rapid Re-Soiling. That carpet had only ever been cleaned By ChemDry so it had alot of embedded greasy soils to be removed and I had the pressure lower to start with but upped it to achieve a cleaner result."

You can find more questions and answers in the comments section of the actual YouTube video page located here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHvtl7BSkTo

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vacman2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/December/2010 at 5:05am
Have you changed your jet, since you had your heater, when we were working with century 400 they had two s-bend wands  One for portables with heat and the other for heat, wnads without heat had 11003 and the other one with heat had 11015
Because you need more water to clean without heat
So change your jet size if this is the case
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vacman2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/December/2010 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

Great heat but poor wand design.

Seventy percent of the heat is being wasted into the atmosphere and creating a high humidity in the customers home. Not to mention how uncomfortable it must be for the operator.

You may also notice the over-spray coming off the edges of the wand soaking and streaking the carpet. Someone has created great heat but blew it with the wand design. Idea

We still need a better wand designed most wands have looked the same for years.

Let me know if you have any ideas on a new design of a wand

FooLingYu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FooLingYu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/December/2010 at 3:13pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vacman2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/December/2010 at 11:19am
Nice
Which video camera did you use to make the video
westcovina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westcovina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/December/2010 at 7:05pm
He is getting too much over spray on both sides of the wand. This looks like a commercial against steam cleaning that I saw recently and the pointed out the same thing I noticed in this video. Over wetting the carpet.

http://www.carpet-cleaning-west-covina.com/
NJPSR View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJPSR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/January/2011 at 10:31am
Well it looks like he did get the carpet clean.
good job!

N.J.P. Property Maintenance, "We take care of all your cleaning needs"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>