Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Vacuums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2004 at 2:03pm
HOO BOY I said our trucks have turbine Vacs.  Do you know what the hell a vacuum is?  Everybody does not use a portable.  A turbine vac is a head with a beater bar that runs off the vac system of what ever you are cleaning with.  Except for op etc.  Just another type of vaccuum Guitarcleaner.
Just My opinion
Sponsored Links

HooBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HooBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2004 at 1:57pm

Hmmm. I was under the impression that a thorough vacuuming was performed before HWE, seeing as how the TM cannot agitate the carpet like the beater brush on a vacuum.

Anyway, what do TM operators do when confronted with major chunks and crud on the carpet? Just suck away? Seems a prevac would help with the process.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2004 at 1:13pm
HooBoy:  We use turbine vacs hooked up directly to the tm.Guitar
Just My opinion
HooBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HooBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2004 at 12:56pm

With all the talk and chatter about various carpet cleaning methods, how come no one wants to talk about their vacuum cleaner? If, as its said, 80% of all dirt can be extracted with the vacuum, it would seem a good unit would be a vital part of any cleaners arsenal.

I've only owned a few vacuums in my life, but our current Kirby G4 is a great unit. Not only does it clean exceptionally well, it has a bunch of different attachments that make it so more versatile than just for vacuuming. However, its really heavy, and I doubt it would be a good choice for commercial jobs.

What kind of vacuum do you use, and why?

Thanks!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678