Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Vacuums

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2004 at 4:46pm

Lindhaus vacuums are very good but pricey (also come in many different labels)

Powrflite's are good

Dyson (too much $$ for a piece of plastic IMO)

Sanitaire and Eureka commercial vacs are great and priced reasonably

if you have a TM,a turbine is impressive.

Sponsored Links

HooBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HooBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2004 at 5:06pm

No TM system, which is why I'm interested in a portable. I have a Kirby G4 at home, but the wife won't want me using it full time. Its a great system, but takes time to change attachments, and the bags fill up quickly, (which is good cause it shows how much dirt its picking up.) That's why I'm looking for a good brand.

I haven't checked out the Bissell, but if the performance is good, I'll probably get one. I'd like it to have a good hose attachment system, and it should be relatively durable. I want to get into the OP pad system, and a good vacuum is really important.

HooBoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HooBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2004 at 5:11pm

Diva,

What is the primary benefit of post-vacing? Obviously, a prevac is essential, but how essential is the post vac? Is it simply a matter of setting the pile, or does the vacuum enable something else?

A friend using a bonnet system uses a carpet rake to set the pile when he's done. Could this work in place of the post vac?

Just askin.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2004 at 6:17pm
It makes the Oping look better
www.mr-steamer.com
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/November/2004 at 7:19pm
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2004 at 3:23pm

A pile lifter differs very little from a vacuum cleaner other than it is a super duper extra powered industrial vacuum cleaner with one cylindrical brush, a heavy fall out trap door and a large capacity bag. They are also on our website under used equipment for sale.

It's how all carpet cleaning should start off. Especially if cleaning with bonnet or pad.

Oops, did I say a bad word?

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2004 at 3:25pm

oops, did I say a bad word?

[/QUOTE]

Would that be bad word or pad word???Guitar

Just My opinion
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2004 at 5:01pm

Using a vacuum post cleaning is imperative with OP cleaning.

Three things:

It sets the pile

It makes the finished product beautiful

OP agitation kicks up more than any other type of method, no matter how much you vacuum or pile lift OP will bring up hair and grit, so post vacuuming is a MUST.

PadMan

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2004 at 5:35pm

Diva,

What is the primary benefit of post-vacing? Obviously, a prevac is essential, but how essential is the post vac? Is it simply a matter of setting the pile, or does the vacuum enable something else?

Thanks Padman

I was just about to make the same points !

HOOBOY We always post vac Prevacumming is great if it has to be done but we do a lot of commercial and they normally have a staff that vacuum before we get there. What Padman said is sooooo true you wouldn't believe the amount of crap that oping get up out of the carpet.

DIVA

THE DIVA
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2004 at 6:17pm
Diva:  Are you not forgetting that you stir it up and no way to remove it.  Where as with HWE it is vacuumed up while cleaning?  That being said makes it necessary to vacuum after.  Would that be a correct statement?Guitar
Just My opinion
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2004 at 8:31pm

It makes it look better douggie.....

Diva do you vac commercial carpet after too???

www.mr-steamer.com
Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2004 at 10:41pm

Diva  I still am not sure about vacuuming after you have cleaned. I think a vacuum can not withstand the moisture you will pick up in the motor. Unless you wait around for the carpet to dry this will be a problem for you and an extra cost replacing the unit or motor before its life span.

I felt the carpet after money cleaned it with pads and it was still damp enough for me to voice this concern.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2004 at 11:01pm
they are getting big money for the process...no problem just buy another when that one breaks
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2004 at 11:48pm
Mr. Steamer:  Wall Mart here we come. Where is the bissell.Guitar
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>