Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

OP vs HWE The Saga Continues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suction Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OP vs HWE The Saga Continues
    Posted: 05/November/2004 at 4:58pm

I'm pretty new to this business.  I've started out with a used portable machine.  Only method I ever knew about was HWE,  The only method any one ever asks me if I do was HWE.

I have invested roughly $1000.00 dollars into a portable machine.. and another $150 dollars in chemical. 

I've already made that back and more.

I looked at an OP machine, the price is outrageous.  The machine, the pads, the chemical well over $4000.00 and I'll always have laundry to do.

Ignorance is bliss.  Thats all I keep reading on the forum.  I wasn't ignorant to the facts and I still bought a HWE unit.

Do I believe OP operators are getting the prices they say???  NO

Do I believe OP cleans better??? NO

Do any of my customers want OP??? NO

Gmoney and  Diva I Think you are straight up LYING, I think you, Just like Ken want to make money off the pad and chemical distribution. 

look in the phone book... I don't see any OP companies

You need to convert every steam cleaner you can, so you can make money.

If It's not broke don't fix it.

I bought a HWE unit and I'd do that again

Sponsored Links

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2004 at 8:06pm

I'm pretty new to this business.  I've started out with a used portable machine.  Only method I ever knew about was HWE,  The only method any one ever asks me if I do was HWE.

You are obviously fairly new, and if you advertise HWE then why in the heck would they ask you to Pad? Humm?

I have invested roughly $1000.00 dollars into a portable machine.. and another $150 dollars in chemical. 

If you got a porty and 150 dollars in chems, you are not outcleaning much of anybody, get real.

I've already made that back and more.

Whoppie, a day or two worth of work

I looked at an OP machine, the price is outrageous.  The machine, the pads, the chemical well over $4000.00 and I'll always have laundry to do.

ROFLMAO,  Maybe now people will see why I say, "Ignorance is bliss" $4000 dollars to go into yoru own business is too much for you? Think about that statement, most HWE guys invest 30-70 thousand in their business. You probably think you outclean them too. Pads washing, LOL, the washer does the work, good grief, two - three loads a day to make 800-1000 a day and that is TOO much for you.

Ignorance is bliss.  Thats all I keep reading on the forum.  I wasn't ignorant to the facts and I still bought a HWE unit.

You still are a bit ignorant of a LOT of facts. Nothing wrong with HWE, but by your following statements I can guarantee you that you are WAY short on facts.

Of course not, probably because you CAN"T, why, because you are just like MOST cleaners. Even the HWE guys that ADD ON Op to their toolbox, they charge an average of 30% MORE for OP to their HWE customers. So what you believe is hardly relavent.

And you base this on?????????

I have been doing this for 31 years, no, not selling so much as PROVING a point to HWE guys, that is why I have so many pictures on my website, because "I" cleaned them all. So again, what you believe changes NOTHING, but it does indeed close your mind.

DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't advertise OP...LOL Try advertising No steam, NO shampoo, 1 hour drying and watch your phone ring.

Gmoney and  Diva I Think you are straight up LYING, I think you, Just like Ken want to make money off the pad and chemical distribution. 

Big statement and uncalled for, I got to know these people last week, and I am sure by why I saw they would embarrass you with your 1000 dollar porty. OOOPS that is right, you are too close minded to come and find out the truth for yourself.

Depends where you are, maybe there are none in YOUR area, of course that is changing rapidly and if one does come there, you will know, he will be the one taking away your work and you STILL won't understand.

LOL, no, but many are being converted and surprisingly those who have used a TM for 20-30 years are the ones SELLING them and going EXCLUSIVELY Op. But that don't mean nothing to you, you have your MIND made up, sure without evidence or TESING or SEEING for yourself, but that is usually the case for those who call those they don't know LIARS.

If It's not broke don't fix it.

Like I said earlier...LOL, "Ignorance is BLISS"

I bought a HWE unit and I'd do that again

You have convinced me too, that is EXACTLY what you would do.

Padding for Profit..

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
gmoney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmoney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2004 at 11:31pm

Suction what are you smoking?  I love your attitude.  That is why we are able to secure the customers and prices that we get.  Do you actually think you made a convincing argument?  How in the world can you comment on things you no nothing about?  That is trademark of an ignorant fool.  Have you tried an OP?  Have you tried an OP beside steam cleaning on a trashed out carpet (the ultimate test) and feel the dampess of the carpet and wait around for the evidence of wick back? Have you been around this industry enough to have the basis to back up why you think we are lying about our prices? 

Have you went into a customer's house a year after you steam cleaned and Op'ed their carpets for 30% more with no questions asked?  Do you have a rotary machine and a bonnet?   If not you might as well walk away from the jobs that give you a chance to boost your portfolio with some stunning before and after photos because your 100 psi won't cut it. Do you even have a pot to pi-- in when it comes to calling me an lier and challenging one of the methods that I use to clean?  Oh I'll answer that one.  NO.

I have invested over $35, 000 in steam cleaning and still have my 400 psi  portable steam cleaner unit in my van.  In all honesty it is now a very expensive shop vac for the most part. I also have a rotary, a 60 psi and 100 psi portable and about $1000's in steam cleaning chemicals and accessories sitting in my garage collecting dust.    

I need to know are you for real?  Even if you aren't I am sure Doug and Steamer will find some way to come and support your sorry a--. 

This is no way to be viewed as trying to persuade you.  But did you know these facts:  an OP can clean lightly soiled and trashed out carpet, can clean concrete, can clean grout and tiles, can clean commercial at a rate on par with rotary and do a better job as well, has a shorter learning curve, allows you to charge more, opens your eyes to the fact that you should be walking around with a vacuum to do a better job, will cost less to maintain than a portable, can outclean a portable hands down, as a newbie especially it will virtually eliminate call backs, can clean faster than a portable (twice as fast in many cases), should I go on? You knew all of these facts right! 

And you base this assumption on all of your years in the business right.  LOL  

Do I believe that you will be eaten up alive in this industry with that attitude?? YES.

Do I believe you are talking out of your A--??? YES

Do I believe that you need help?? YES

First of all I take pride in my honesty as a person and a business man. And I find it EXTREMELY offensive that you would even doubt my words.  You'll go far in this world Suction with that attitude!  Far under my size 13 boots!!! Diva will respond to you seperately about this statement.

And second of all, we don't sell pads or chemicals.  Now that might change at a later date and time but right now we are just like every other cleaner that buys their machines, chemicals, and supplies from a supplier. 

You just don't get it do you.  The only person that has to be converted is the customer (who by the way is not as close minded as you).  All they care about is clean carpets that dry quickly and that their technician has a bit of a personality.  You think they care about your huge truckmount or impressive portable.  You think they pray to the HWE demigods at night. NO.  How impressed will they be when they can't walk on it for half a day, or it still looks dirty, or it wicks back the next day.  At that point the presentation of your machine is a moot point.  But I digress.

And by the way Suction, I was cleaning houses with my 60 psi 15 years ago while in high school.  I sweat like a pig and got mediocore results and I'm GOOD.  100 psi is not that much more powerful.  Good luck!!! 

Edited by gmoney
If you know what is good for you get it dry as quickly as possible
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2004 at 11:34pm
I hope we didn't scare him off!  LOL
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2004 at 11:45pm

Wow padman... are you going to crucify anyone that does not share your point of view.

Thats a pitty... no need to make anyone look like a fool

There where some points that Diva and Gmoney made about cleaning hotels for .38 cents a sq ft

I've worked all through Toronto and Never Have a seen a hotel pay .38 cents a sq ft for any type of cleaning.

Padman... you mostly only post about your OP... thats all you ever talk about... I've never heard you have anything good to say about any other form of CC yet.

Your a Bible read man... let ye without sin cast the first stone....

your dropping bombs here padman... when truthfully your the one with sin.

You want everyone to love your OP ...when you yourself will love no other

I guess we can only serve ONE GOD

www.mr-steamer.com
diva View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2004 at 11:53pm

Oh SUCTION I am going to have fun with you.

• What kind of 1973 100psi portable did you get for $1000.00 ?? 
  • You might want to pick a large supply of rust remover to clean up after you old rust bucket of a SPIT AND SUCK!

I don't mind playing hard ball with the BIG BOYS

• who have been in the industry for a long time,
  • who have a vast amount of knowledge regarding all aspects of this business
  •  who have learned from years of trial and error
  • who have "REAL" equipment regardless of there method
  • AND who have spent more than $150.00 on chemical (we spend that in one two weeks)   SO HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN IN THE BIZZ???

LOL

Only method I ever knew about was HWE,  The only method any one ever asks me if I do was HWE.

And obviously the only method you ever will know

I know your type... your the guy who was down on his luck buying a box KD with your last dollar and suddenly saw the little 100 psi steamer that the grocery store rents out. YOU HAD A BRIANSTORM  hit aisle 3 and picked up some MICKEY MOUSE carpet shampoo, some store brand spot remover and all this with $150.00 POST DATED CHECK!  (has it cleared yet)

Let me tell you about having thousands of dollars worth of carpet care products sitting collecting dust that have been accumulated over MANY MANY years of trial and error in this business.

Let me tell you about a 20 yr old 100 psi machine that has had too many repairs to mention or about a 400 psi Micheals thats only a year old that travels with us to this day. How about the 20 yr old bonnet machine that kicks butt every time but is now retire. Then theres about a mile of hose coiled up and probably 15 or so old wands. a couple of blowers, some crevas tools and countless other items that have been tried over the years.

What do you know about;

•  driving 10hrs just to demo a product??
  • 6hrs just to learn a new techneque?
  • 100's of hrs researching, learning, EXPLORING new methods
  • Flyering from 9pm until 3am night after night to grow your business on a tight budget?
  • competing with the big dogs no matter what it takes
  • and then finally.........

FINDING SOMETHING THAT BLOWS ALL THOSE OTHER THINGS OUT OF THE WATER!

WE HAVE BEEN PADDING FOR JUST UNDER TWO MONTHS NOW (most likely longer that you have even been cleaning period)

We have educated ourselves via the net and DIRECTLY from the manufacturer's and yet this wasn't enough for us. We had to try all the systems OP has to offer to see what really does work. We travelled to Kentucky a week after meeting with John G because we were so floored by all that he knew and all he could teach us. Even after that we did our own tests;

• We compared HWE vs OP
  • we compared Bonnet vs OP
  • We compared Bonnet with an OP pad vs OP
  • we bought Pads and made pads
  • we bought chemical and did all kinds of crazy tests
  • Kool aide, Grease, Ink, nicotine water, urine you name, we tried it

AND YOU KNOW? Op NEVER failed!

We also recorded all of our tests and when we show our customers they don't mind paying extra!

You looked at an OP machine ... that was your first mistake MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE TRIED IT then we wouldn't be having this ridiculas discussion caused you'd be one of us. (but then again with your attitude you'de NEVER be one of us)

$4000.00  wow we actually got our first full system for less than half of that. Our second was about 2/3 that price and our third will be 2/3 that aswell. SO for that four thousand dollars you are speaking of, you could gotten your system and had enough left over to pay the bills while seeking out a client base. 

And as for the laundry, its really not an issue you see the pads soak while your out and by the time you get in you just pop them in the washing machine In the morning you take them out and away you go.(I guess for someone like you that is hard work) For us its well worth the fact that we now have better clients and less stress and strain.

Gmoney and  Diva I Think you are straight up LYING,

SUCTION; Do we give a rats ASS what you think   NO

You see you don't have enough merit to talk to us

You have no experience and ZERO knowledge about the many ways one can clean carpet

SHOOT I bet you don't even have any calluoses on you hands yet

You are a mere pup in this bizz

Actually if you have a phone book you'll see a company called ORECK they have had OP for YEARS.

We have to gain nothing from OP by converting anyone.

You see this is a CARPET CLEANERS DISSCUSION BOARD

We are carpet cleaners

we have had indepth discussions about all forms of carpet care not just OP. 

We defend OP and will promote its use only because we know how much it has benifited our company and well being.

The only method any one ever asks me if I do was HWE.

Maybe if you took the time to educate yourself about other methods you could in turn take the time to educate your customers and GIVE THEM THE CHOICE!

We talk to our customers, explain the different methods, educate them as to what we can do (Steam, Bonnet or OP) and give them a choice.

So Suction

You must be a very uncomfortable individual

It must be difficult talking out of your A$$ and having your foot on your mouth all at the same time!

Have a nice day

PAD DIVA NORTH

THE DIVA
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2004 at 11:57pm

wow.....too much to read.... short and simple post are sweeter to me..

you know us HWE people wet behind the ears

www.mr-steamer.com
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2004 at 12:15am

You have to start somewhere and a portable is a good start... it all depends on the user.

Truthfully these long post by team op shows that they insecure... all three team members said basically the same thing.

attacking a man, who's point of view isn't all that wrong...

this was one big shout down if you ask me

www.mr-steamer.com
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2004 at 12:16am

Steamer, Suction called the straight out LIARS, that HAS to be dealt with. I know these people and they tell it STRAIGHT, maybe not what some want to hear, but STRAIGHT nevertheless.

as to Your a Bible read man... let ye without sin cast the first stone....

Isn't it interesting that this specific verse the world uses against Christians more than any other, yet it is NOT found in any of the older nor original manuscripts and texts...HUmm?

I only dealt with a man who was WRONG and called someone out as a liar, that is over the top. Playing around and argueing and having fun is a far  cry from calling someone a liar. And his ASSumptions were way off.

But I could be nicer I suppose!

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2004 at 12:19am
still waiting for you to say something nice about any other method padman
www.mr-steamer.com
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2004 at 12:21am

I just did in another thread, Did you know I own a TM and a portable?

I am not ignorant about their use and benefits.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2004 at 12:27am
and a big fishing boat too...lol
www.mr-steamer.com
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2004 at 5:59am

trouble is you guys are spouting off to Suction and in all reality he's not new to the business

he's been around for years

he has a big bad TM

and he's probably giggling cuz you rag spinners are so defensive it's pathetic.

so I don't think "suction" has his foot in his mouth.

he's a member on your board too John

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2004 at 8:16am

Well then lets set the record straight, then Suction is full of it,LOL

HE said he has a 1000 porty.

I read and responded to his post addressing what HE said and I don't care if he as a Vortex, that has nothing to do with what I said to him.

As far as DEFENSIVE? Don't think so, read your own posts, seems some of the HWE bunch just can't seem to get a grip on there being another way. Get used to it.

Calling someone a liar is not  going to recieve SOFT treatment, he was out of line.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>