Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

CFR Pro 500

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheshe Cd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CFR Pro 500
    Posted: 23/September/2012 at 6:32pm
Hi all!
 Yes, I'm a Newbie here so please don't be too hard on me. (NightRider)
I have a question regarding my CFR extractor. I recently purchased it used and have been using it for months with no problems. All of a sudden in the middle of a job it seems to be tripping circuits. At first I thought maybe the electrical system in the customers home was outdated, which they confirmed it was, but I've used it at another job today and I'm having the same problem. It shuts down, I unplug it, try another outlet, push the reset button on the machine, it comes on, but then trips again? I would appreciate any helpful responses, which I know is priceless on this Forum! 
Sponsored Links

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/September/2012 at 10:07pm
Hi, and welcome this is Jack Prince ( Nightrider ) actually it's a problem that I had years ago with a high pressure washer ( Karcher 505 or something ) I had this problem even at commercial restaurants ( Large buildings were o.k ) What I had to do is plug into where the large coffee machines were. When I used it at my home or another residential area..... I had purchased an adapter that plugs into the dryer unit and never had that problem again. I forget what that adapter was called, just do a search..... you'll find it. Good Luck.  Take care.

Nightrider
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2012 at 7:04pm
Things have a way of shifting or disconnecting inside the cabinets of carpet cleaning units. Motors inside have thermal overloads that shutdown at high temperatures.

It's possible that the heat from your vacuum exhaust is blowing over the pump motor and over-heating it and kicking in the thermal overload and shutting the unit off temporarily.

An alternative may be to tune down the 500psi to 300psi or less.

Post Reply Post Reply