Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

reoccurring urine stains

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gimmeagig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: reoccurring urine stains
    Posted: 27/September/2014 at 3:30pm
Hi,
I recently cleaned a cream colored nylon carpet with dog urine spots. I used a hi PH enzyme Prespray (Attack)followed by a Acid rinse(CTI Last Step).I did not saturate the carpet very much. At the end I groomed the carpet and put two dryers on it. Still, the urine spots came back. Looking like brownish spots according to my customer.So I have two products for that on my truck . CTI Stain Magic and Groom Solutions Liquid Browning and Coffee free.
In the past I have been able to just sprayed on the Groom solutions brushed it in and the stains have disappeared. The stuff turns into a white powder and i heard that I really don't need to extract it.
Then there is Stain Magic, It kind of does the same thing. But it is more expensive. I'm not sure if I absolutely need to extract that.
I have also in the past just done another cleaning and rinsed with Prochem All fiber Deep Clean. But I am hoping I can avoid dragging everything back out.
Do you guys have any suggestios?
Sponsored Links

cleaningheroes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cleaningheroes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2014 at 11:19pm
So based on everything you've said, if the carpet looked good when you left and the spot is "re-appearing" sometime later, odds are good the stain doesn't exist, you're experiencing re-soiling where something in the fiber is re-attracting dirt, giving the illusion that the spot is "coming back". 

The truth is, you're not removing whatever is causing the spot in the first place. As a matter of fact, by using too many chemicals you will make the problem become very complex and worse than it was to begin with. 

My first recommendation would be to simply spend a fair amount of time rinsing and extracting the area very patiently and do your best to remove every ounce of cleaner, product, urine, etc.  leaving the fiber virgin, and then applying your fan. This could mean extracting the area as much as 20 or 30 times SLOWLY so that you can let water, the most amazing cleaning product in the world, do its job. If after you've done all that you still have a re-soiling problem, odds are good something is wicking from below the surface such as the backing or cushion because of an extended dry time. 

The best short term fix would be to clean the surface of the carpet using a low-moisture method such as a bonnet and a neutral cleaner and dry quickly, and as quick as 5 minutes which will keep the re-soiling from happening. 

The correct way to fix this would be by using a water claw extraction tool and flood the area and extract it multiple times, using extremely hot water. Or, to pull the carpet out, replace the cushion, and rinse and extract the carpet from the back and re-install the carpet.
Lavon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lavon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/June/2017 at 7:30pm
Use a light rinse no chemical and slowly extract back and forth make carpet really drive from extraction your problems should be solved seems like you used Too Much chemical your on the stain
 Post Reply Post Reply