Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

IICRC what have they done for you??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 9:37pm

we have lost sight of my question...What do they do for my dues?????can anyone answer that.............????

I want to know what happens to my dues.....I don't get anything for them.

again what do I get for my DUES?

Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 9:59pm

Do you know what never mind.....It doesn't really matter.....I've forgotten what wool smells like burning....my mold tester doesn't work any more...and I broke my UV light....and why do they wash those area rugs in cold water????It doesn't matter anymore....

I clean carpets thats what I do I'm a CARPET CLEANER!!!!!!I really don't know where I got my training from...all I know is I'm damn good..

Mr. Steamer a damn good Carpet Cleaner

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 10:03pm
i know we pay and pay and pay mr steamer, and we don't see much from it. it almost seems like another tax, but i think it seperates the men from the boys. in my city we have commercial clients who only hire iicrc firms.  
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
Monsterclean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monsterclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 10:32pm

Mr. Lee,

You are taxed at 45% in Canada?  That makes me feel better.  I thought Virginia was bad.  Do you have an alternative minimum tax up there? 

Barry

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 10:45pm

Boy oh boy, Mr Nightrider.

I bet you think I'm some sort of nerd with aplastic pen holder eh?

I grew up in the West End of Montreal. We are unique people and proud of it.Ask the people at Kleen Kuip what kind of person I am, you might be surprised.

In this business I have fried my liver further. Developed mould allergies. Have severe sinus problems (likely from overuse of enzymes), had chemical pneumonia.

You think that there is no work in writing an exam?? You are nuts.

You think this health and safety course is useless? You've got to be kidding.

Are you WHMIS trained? Are your employees? If not you are breaking the law.

The law is there to protect people. Wake up and smell the coffee buddy.

I do this work, because of a love for the industry. I spend a fortune on documents and long distance ,  and don't get reimbursed. If you want to slam me  for that go ahead. I don't expect kudos. I just don't know how else to tell people like you that there are a lot of people out there giving selflessly for the common good. THERE IS CERTAINLY NO MONEY IN IT FOR ME.

So go ahead, take your shots, at least you can release your pent up aggravations. FEEL BETTER. Yes I do.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 12:12am

All I have to say to that is PUUUUUULLLLease.......no money in it for you???man....I got to stop my blood pressure is rising.....so you didn't make any money from the courses you run????

please ban me from this sight....I need to be banned

I can't believe there are such good people in this world...ones that are going to dedicate their time for the carpet cleaning world....

wow NON PROFIT CARPET CLEANING EDUCATORS

and look i've been charging all these customers and they've been paying me...

I'M A SINNER CARPET GODS FORGIVE ME I thought I cleaned carpets for profit

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 12:33am

General Lee, before i say what I want to say....can you please let Mr. Steamer where all his dues went to.....he donated.....got nothing in return.....Steamer did they send you a Christmas card at least. please tell me.

Now to you General.    No I am not WHMIS Trained you know why because I don't have to go into a sewer to know it stinks.....but thanks for asking.

Jack      NIGHTRIDER        where no ridiculus question goes unanswered

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 12:35am
I got my WHIMIS certificate..BIG DEAL...lol all it is ...is good house keeping...lol
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 12:53pm

I assume your dues go to keep things in operation over at the IICRC.

dues aren't all that big of a deal.

I'm just not sure why the courses cost so much.

I worked my first year in this industry with 0 certification and did fine.

after becoming certified I did feel I understood more about the chemistry of things, and could better explain to the customers why the carpet turned brown after the last guy cleaned it etc. but I didn't really clean any better.

I do have some commercial work where they insist on me being certified.

Education is good in any field IMO,I hope to see the IICRC around for a long time.

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 1:19pm
What province to you live in that to do commercail you must be certified
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 2:15pm

Don't go sour on my buddy the General Lee. I know of no one in our industry who does more volenteer time at no pay and many times no Thanks to better our industry. Hats off and long live the General. Keep Up The Good Work Lee!

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 2:45pm

When Ted talks............everybody listens

Listen what the man says

General.....you must be the carpet cleaners industry angel

I heard if a man can see far enough he will be looking at the back of his own head

Look around General, there's more to see, the world is a beautiful place, God created the green grass, marvel at that.

JACK      NIGHTRIDER    what is a man who devotes his spare time to a cause that mankind benefits nothing from. Blessed are those who surrender themselves to their family and children.

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 3:07pm

Wow I had to check to see if I was Certified. But Yes Yes I am.  I think it's nice to be able to show off your certification to the customer.  Make them aware.

You guys need to stop fighting against IICRC and join them.  They are raising the level of carpet cleaning in US and Canada,  for all us real carpet cleaners.  The more people become aware the better it will be for all certified Tech's.

We need to improve this industry and IICRC is the start.  It will come a day when all customers will only call IICRC certified companies.  But it's up to us as representatives of IICRC to let the customers know.

So some of you who don't want to pay the dues will be left in the cold when the door finally shuts. 

Edited by Stanley
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/March/2004 at 3:38pm

HA HA HAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

THIS GUY IS A JIKE AND A HALF......STANLEY WHERE DID YOU CRAWL OUT OF, .............LIKE SHOWING OFF A CARPET CLEANERS CERTIFICATION MEMBERSHIP CARD......SHOW HER THE ONE FROM BLOCKBUSTER TOO, AND DON'T FORGET THE CAA CARD, THAT'S A GOOD ONE TOO........NICE COLOURS.

I HAVE TO GET OUT OF HERE, I'M GETTING DIZZY.

nightrider......WHERE A CLOWN IS FUNNY UNTIL HE TAKES OFF HIS NOSE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>