Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Tile and Grout and Hard Surface Floor Cleaning Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Best Grout Line Machine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cleanteam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Grout Line Machine
    Posted: 12/October/2016 at 7:39pm
Hey everyone

I am going to purchase a new machine for cleaning tile and grout. I have been introduced to the Rotowash 12" and the Hydroforce SX 12/15. I am going to be strictly focused on Tile & Grout cleaning and my worry is the Rotowash won't clean as well as the pressure from the water... 

Does anyone have any experience with both machines and can assist in my purchase decision? When I watch videos of Tile cleaning the Hydroforce seems to spray clean the Grout lines back to the original colour more than the Brush system on the Rotowash.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks again

Sponsored Links

Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2016 at 5:10pm
If you are going to strictly focus on cleaning tile and grout you will get much more consistent results using a Hydroforce.

For instance if you went to clean dirty tiles and grout in a very dirty, greasy restaurant I wouldn't be bringing in a Rotowash to do the job. The high pressure of the Hydroforce is going to do a much faster and more impressive cleaning job.

I've seen some seriously soiled tiles on the job and you will undoubtedly need the power and speed that the Hydroforce will give you (time is money).

The Rotowash would be a great machine for in-between cleanings (maintenance). It all really depends on the amount of soiling and which equipment would be more suitable for the particular job.
I'm positive about the negative...and negative about the positive.
Cleanteam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cleanteam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/October/2016 at 5:21pm
Hey thanks a lot for the input!
Looks like we'll go with the Hydroforce unit as it seems to blast the Grout lines more.

We are going to focus quite a bit on residential cleaning; do you have any experience with the water and baseboards etc?
We want to make sure we use best practice when it comes to absorbing excess water so we don't damage baseboards with water in a homeowners kitchen for example.

Please let me know when you have a chance
Thanks again

Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2016 at 4:04pm
The HydroForce is generally very good at keeping accidental sprays/splashes and mishaps at a minimum because of it's enclosed head design. But, it's always better to be safe than sorry. HydroForce also has some cool attachments such as the corner tool and grout-line tool seeing as how the SX-12/SX-15 round head design cannot reach into corners.

Below is a picture of a woman restoring her marble flooring. You can see the protection guarding against any splashes towards the wall and baseboard. You could use a similar setup when cleaning tiles and grout.

I'm positive about the negative...and negative about the positive.
wendyheath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wendyheath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/June/2017 at 1:01am
Hi there, cleaning machines are good and also saves our time, but it also intake excess water. I have heard good reviews about rotowash 12. Last spring when my friend was shifted to his new house with the help of professional http://www.movingrightalong.com/house_cleaning./ - movers Brooklyn ny who provided him house cleaning service. I think hiring a professional can also be the best option.
 Post Reply Post Reply