Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

New on this forum 28 years in the business

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turbo-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New on this forum 28 years in the business
    Posted: 25/November/2016 at 7:15am
I started cleaning in 1987.  After working through the maze of methods machines and chemical products I felt I had reached a comfortable place in my business but felt there was always room to improve and expand.  Always a tinkerer I quite by accident discovered the benefit from using pressure extraction to clean grout and after slapping together a basic tool began to clean grout for my 2000 customers nearly doubling my income with this new tool. 

After another fellow carpet cleaner begged me to build one for him I finally traded my one jet wonder for one of Joe Polish’s early marketing success packets then called the Viper. 

Production began with the Viper to supply the first 150 tools for distribution through Bridgepoint Systems.  The rest was a fast but wild history of designing, manufacturing partnering, eventually building and marketing six more tools…. (the Turbo, Mini-turbo, Turbo-Hybrid, Raptor, Cobra, and Hyper-Turbo).  

When introducing this new way to expand service, I taught many “hard surface cleaning” business builder classes to franchises and distributors nationwide and was introduced once as “ The Turbo-Man”.  Commenting on this innovative approach to hard surfaces I said, “I believe that hard surfaces provide uniquely different cleaning and restoration challenges but with the right collection of tools and skill sets any technician can grow revenue easily with stone, grout, tile and hundreds of other hard surface restoration service opportunities”.  

The core of this original design is found today globally with over 6 different competing tools currently on the market and has even been retrofitted into the heart of the Legend Brands VT 1200 for commercial and institutional use.

To provide further value to the customer I developed a tool to accurately apply a precise amount of sealer to porous grout.  The resulting benefit to the homeowner is improved hygiene and ease of maintenance when cleaning this otherwise dirt trap most consumers just tolerate. It also brings some significant additional profit to those who offer tile and grout cleaning services.  

I use truck mounted heat exchange equipment and portables from Rotovac.  I love my Rotovac 360XL with their new tefflon glide / brush head that cut my dry times in half.

I love this industry and can't learn enough.  I get to improve when I test new ideas learning from guys like you. 

Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply