Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Caring your Carpet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robert busch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Caring your Carpet
    Posted: 21/September/2017 at 1:29am

Despite our best efforts at cleanliness, your carpet will eventually become the victim spills, drops, and whatever on the bottom of your shoes. Dirt is like thousands of small blades that cut carpet fibers. It indeed dulls the sheen when dirt scratches against the fibers. Over time, grinding dirt wears away the fibers too, which mats them down and makes them stain more easily. You can follow some tips to keep your carpet as dirt-free as possible.

-Vacuum often

Vacuum your entrance and other high-traffic areas twice a week and the rest of the carpeting at least weekly. Frequent vacuuming will reduce soil buildup. It is also advisable to make use of a professional carpet cleaning service once in a while for far better results. You can cut vacuum's suction power in half by using a dirty bag, dirt cup or filter. The reason why bagless vacuum stop working is that the filters aren't changed often enough. If possible, replace or wash the filters on bagless vacuums every three months. Replace the vacuum bags when they are three-quarters full.

-Use a professional

Most carpet manufacturers recommend professional hot water extraction as the primary cleaning method for synthetic carpets. In this process, the carpet is pretreated with a detergent solution, and then a very hot rinse solution under high pressure is forced into your carpet and vacuumed out. It doesn’t leave behind a soap residue when done correctly. A quality professional will charge $300 to $500 to deep clean 1,000 sq. ft. of carpet. You may be tempted to skip professional cleanings altogether and just rent a machine to clean the carpet yourself at this price. Please don't or at least don’t do only that. It can only remove the surface dirt. But deep cleaning to remove dust and greasy residues and requires training of a professional and specialized equipment. The best strategy is to use our DIY cleaning tips most of the time and hire a professional every 3 to 4 months.

-DIY

Sometimes hiring a professional service can be expensive. so the next best approach is DIY.

1) Clean the carpet when the colors start looking dull. It will be much more difficult, take much longer and cost more if you wait until the carpet gets filthy.

2) Vacuum the carpet before and after cleaning to remove large particles of soil.

3) Mix a few drops of detergent with hot water in a spray bottle and lightly mist the dirtiest areas. Leave it for 5 to 10 minutes before starting the general cleaning.

4) Don't over wet the carpet as most DIY machines put a lot of moisture into the carpet, and most don’t have strong enough suction to extract it thoroughly. Just make only one pass with the soap and water solution. Another single pass is enough with the neutralizing rinse solution. Then make two or three drying passes with the water off.

5) After cleaning the carpets, use fans and a dehumidifier, open the windows or put the AC on a moderate setting (preferably 72 to 78 degrees) to remove excess moisture from the air. Don’t replace the furniture or walk on the carpet until it’s completely dry. This can take up to 12 hours, though six to eight hours are typical.

Sponsored Links

Drcarpetoc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drcarpetoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2017 at 5:05am
Hi Robert great article.

I would say at least once a year a  deep carpet cleaning is needed.
alanr87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanr87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/October/2017 at 11:21pm
we all try to keep our carpet clean, but at times spills and accidents can happen, the best form of carpet cleaning is through steam cleaning. people in mississauga clean their carpets on average once a year, this is highhly recommended especially if you have pets and young kids.
Tomright View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2017 at 8:53pm
Great thorough tips but yes usually once a year is what I typically see. However, I sometimes have clients that I'll be back every 6 months or so - kids, pets, or entertaining.
judylara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote judylara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/November/2017 at 2:16am
That was a great article, Robert. I always try to keep my carpets clean. But with my kids (one is 5 and other is 2), around I often fail at this. They spill something or the other on the carpet. So, I clean it like weekly. Sometimes, daily. Since I am busy taking care of them, I hired a http://www.sunrise-cleaning.com/services/one-time-cleaning/ - carpet cleaning in Mississauga who were very helpful. The lady they sent was very cheerful and understanding of my situation. She was thorough with the cleaning. After her working hours, she also used to spend time with my kids too. That gave me some time to relax. I was pretty satisfied with their service.
leonardfernald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leonardfernald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2018 at 4:35am
We understand that it can be frustrating to deal with stubborn stains on your carpet, so call or contact us and we can help you address those issues. We will pre-treat every stain on your carpet and then we will thoroughly clean the carpet areas to remove any cleaning residues.  http://www.xtremecleannm.com/ - We offer the Advanced Maxim carpet protection system which is safe for kids and pets. You’ll love how all of the old stains that you have been trying to cover up can be easily removed from your carpeting. You won’t have to use rugs or other pieces of furniture to cover your stains anymore. You can have guests in your home without having to worry about being embarrassed by the stains in your carpet.
 Post Reply Post Reply