Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Pile Lifting Vacuuming Before Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pile Lifting Vacuuming Before Cleaning
    Posted: 14/March/2004 at 4:00pm

How many of you professional carpet cleaners out there actually clean a carpet when you show up at your customers home. Are you concerned about your credibility. Do you care about your customers broadloom. Do you just walk in with your dirty shoes without taking them off or covering them with booties.Do you, like most carpet cleaners, just look at the surface dirt and stains. Do you camouflage your knowledge and inexperience by telling your customer your methos of cleaning will deep clean her carpet throughly down to the bottom fibres.

If you just walk into a customers home and whip out your high powered truckmount hoses, or start up that scrubber brush, bonnet cleaning, von schrader, or what have you, without using a Pile Lifter Vacuum or in the very least another type of quality vacuum, you are not cleaning anything. All you are doing is making the carpet look clean for a short period of time. If nobody walks on it.......GREAT.....but unfortunately people do walk on it after cleaning.......and all that dust, soil, and sand that you just gave a bath to is still there........with a vengence and they will re-surface....Fast.

Invest in a new or used Pile Lifter, and see your profits skyrocket and your customer base increase because you now have an edge over your competition, like Sears,The Bay, Home Depot and all the others who sub-contract to bozo's. Take a picture of your equipment and show your customers in your flyers exactly what you have to offer them.

Jack       N-I-G-H-T-R-I-D-E-R

Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 4:14pm

Once again Jack you amaze me...a pile lifter eh....I don't think you need one...I don't think anyone wants to take the time to pile lift first...and I'm sure the customer doesn't want to pay for it, they want it to be included in the service...

Yes it will help loosen the dry dirt particles...but thats why we tell the customer to vac first....

I do an average of 6 calls a day...I don't have the time

unless they are very special to me...and I really want to do a great job

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 4:22pm

Oh come on,

If the customer's traffic areas are trashed and matted down, you will save time by giving it a vacuum.

Count up the time it takes to do an area three times and and make excuses to the customer next prevacing. Its no contest.

Heavily soiled carpet + prespray = mud

When I do a job, it MUST be a great job.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 4:53pm

Yes I agree...but thats not my job....you go to the dentist you brush your teeth first right????

RIGHT?????

I'll tell the customer that they need to vac that area...but I won't do it...my customers do it

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 5:30pm
Pile lifting is the most important step in any carpet care process.I bonnet clean, yes jack bonnet clean,and I never clean without pile lifting.
LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 5:33pm
Mr. Steamer that is the best post this month!!
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 6:53pm

Mr. Steamer, thanks for posting your comments to my topic, greatly appreciated. When you mention that you make 6 calls per day on average is that Telephone calls. I find it hard to believe that you even know 6 people with an attitude like that. I hope some of your customers don't come to this site, and read what we all have to say about the industrie, our lack of knowledge, bad mouthing each other and our customers. I hope Ted reads this and makes some changes to this forum, as it stands now......everybody is welcome and the do-it yourself guys are soaking up all this crap and using it against us. I think we should have to prove we are actually in the trade.

Jack         NIGHTRIDER

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 7:03pm

My friend GREG.......Have I got a bone to pick with you. Come on now please tell me you didn't say that, not bonnet cleaning.......do you want to challenge me too along with Mr. Steamer, and PadMan. Please don't tell me you clean a house with that thing.........oh wait a minute........you did say that you pile-life before. That just might do a decent job, but I'm not convinced how long it stays clean. You probably make a better profit than me with this 360V8 Monster Machine. What a gas guzzler this thing is, alot of my profits go right out the exhaust pipe.

Jack        NIGHTRIDER 

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 8:00pm

Padman is pretty successful and has 100s of converts. I own an OP and it beats the heck out of a rotary machine.

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 8:00pm
JACK JACK JACK there is no such thing as a bad cleaning process, only bad technicians. My carpets stay clean just as long as yours do, and that I will challenge.
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 8:12pm

Thanks Greg......but sorry to burst your bubble, my home is 75% Italian marble and carpeting in the bedrooms only, all the bed are resting on  18" platforms covered in marble. Carpet is one of the worst things one can have in the home......but...it looks and feels good. There are too many variables to consider over your method vs truckmount, such as does the customer have pets, kids, amouny of traffic, location of property. I am sure if all the conditions were exactly the same.....water extraction would win hands down, nothing cleans like water, and I don't feel like giving you a chemistry couse on it right now.......go read some of my other posts I made my point there somewhere about water.

Jack      NIGHTRIDER

greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 8:22pm

Jack what do you think bonnet cleaners use. I use water I just use alot less, about 80 to 90% less.

Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 10:17pm

Boy oh boy am I happy you came back to me with that response, you see when I post something I usually know what kind of response I should look forward to getting back, and you came through right on the money.......I know, that you know, that I know that everybody on this planet knows, that water cleans the best...........sooooo in response to your unfounded statement that you use 90% less water to clean a carpet.....what I want you to do is this. The nest time you wash your hands use only half a cup to wash and rince ( that's about 90% less than what you would normally use ) Notice how nice and sticky your hands are.......now go shake someone's hand....see how they just wiped that gunk off onto their pants......that's what you leave in the carpet. Now for your next trick......go wash your hair and see what happens then. Now to the nitty-gritty 90% less water you say.......I say you took out 90% less dirt.

Thank you for attending the Nightrider's nightmare of carpet cleaners horror show.......Where every carpet cleaner is another carpet cleaners nightmare.       Jack       NIGHTRIDER

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2004 at 10:20pm
And if that doesn't work, use Goof Off
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>