Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

How to please wet customers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2005 at 1:07pm

Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

=You       =Her husband

Her husband wasn't that great of a carpet cleaner.

K & S Cleaning and Restoration Services Westbank BC   
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2005 at 7:34pm
Keben that's just it. Most carpet cleaners know jack about the restoration side of the coin.  all they figure is extract the water, leave it for a week and I will be back to clean it?
Just My opinion
keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/November/2005 at 8:22pm

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Keben that's just it. Most carpet cleaners know jack about the restoration side of the coin.  all they figure is extract the water, leave it for a week and I will be back to clean it?

They may have a few fans and dehumidifiers but they usually don't take readings or moniture the job,just let the fans or dehumidifiers run for 2 or 3 days then come and pick up their equipment.And then they think they did a good job.

MichaelD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/December/2005 at 8:55am
An insurance broker I know has told me that if I were to get set up for flood restoration, he would give me all the flood restoration business town ( He's the biggest broker in our town). The problem is I'm totally new to this side of the business. Can anyone break down flood restoration for me? What are the steps from getting a call to going home? It sounds like it could be a lucrative side to carpet cleaning. Thanks in advance for your serious answers.
MichaelD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/December/2005 at 8:57am
I meant to say that any floods in town that are handled by my broker friend would be referred to me for restoration and cleaning.
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/December/2005 at 9:02am

Your broker must be part of the Liberal Party, just another scandal waiting to happen..............

Nightrider

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/December/2005 at 9:04am
That relationship will be short lived? Water Damage is not a side of carpet cleaning. Attend a couple of WDR ASD and AMRT cources then either buy several thousand dollars worth of equipment or find a good rental  company than increase you insurance. any questions?
Just My opinion
Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/December/2005 at 11:21am
I took the WDR class when I was pretty new to the buisiness just to know how to keep from getting sued.  MOLD BAD.
CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

MichaelD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MichaelD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/December/2005 at 4:56pm
What do WDR, ASD and AMRD stand for?
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/December/2005 at 9:03pm

Water Damage Restoration Tech

Applied Structural Drying Tech

Applied Microbial Remediation Tech

Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2005 at 12:13am
You'll need at least $10,000 in equipment to start as well
keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/December/2005 at 2:30am

Originally posted by cmaster cmaster wrote:

You'll need at least $10,000 in equipment to start as well

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/December/2005 at 10:17pm
A GE box fan and a 15 pint du from Wal Mart. Be just like the big guns?
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/December/2005 at 12:19am
Your secret is out, Doug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>