Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Van Insulation

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puddle proof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Van Insulation
    Posted: 30/December/2004 at 10:24pm
  What is the best way to insulate a van & can I do it myself.  I have tried everyone from home insulators to autobody guys.
We'll Make Your Surroundings Sparkle
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2004 at 10:25pm
I have always had mine sprayed with foam.Guitar
Just My opinion
puddle proof View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puddle proof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2004 at 10:32pm
  That is kinda what i figured but i am having a tough time trying to find someone to do it. The closest i can get is the guys around here that spray oilfield tanks & i hate to leave it up to these guys. 
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2004 at 11:30pm
I use a guy who spray insulates almost anything it will stick to.  Just explain what you want.  I have it applied very light between the ribs of the van on sides and ceiling.  It takes quite awhile to mask out the areas of the van where you don't want overspray and around lights etc.Guitar
Just My opinion
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/December/2004 at 12:39pm
Buy the foam in the can if you want to do it yourself. Total price will be about the same the spray guys charge if you buy your foam cans from Home Depot.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/December/2004 at 4:46pm

Originally posted by Superglide Ken Superglide Ken wrote:

Buy the foam in the can if you want to do it yourself. Total price will be about the same the spray guys charge if you buy your foam cans from Home Depot.

It would look like sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Guitar

Just My opinion
steed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2005 at 9:25pm
We usually have are truck spray foamed, I have used the bubble doubled foiled insulation in are service trucks. ( thats aluminum foil over bubble rap) Reflex heat very well. For extreme temps I prefer the foam insulation -20 Degree.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2005 at 10:37pm
True Doug, but at least the truck would stay warm! lol
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 12:31am

Posts like this make me glad I live in SoCal...it's a chilly 50* outside here tonight. I don't know how you Canucks and other cold weather birds deal with freezing TM's, solution lines, chems, etc. that's a rough way to earn a living in the winter.

Take care and stay warm,

Lisa

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puddle proof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 1:30am
   -40 something celcius today in Saskatchewan Lisa. I think we will just be leaving it all in the shop today. lol
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/January/2005 at 8:10pm
-40 is the same wether F or C . It is the only temp where you don't have to specify.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puddle proof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/January/2005 at 8:26pm
    Well its 40 below &  I don't give a F___. I got a heater in my truck & I'm off  for at least 2 days.
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2005 at 5:09pm
-40 eh? You must be located close to Winterpeg, or would that be near Saskatoon or Edmonchuk?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puddle proof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2005 at 8:38pm
  Inbetween Edmonton & Saskatoon.  But its not 40 below C or F anymore.
Its just a foot & a half of snow & perfect sleddin weather. Time to get the Cat out! cya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>