Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

how much $ is too much $

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how much $ is too much $
    Posted: 06/January/2005 at 6:51pm

to raise your prices??

I'm thinking about raising my min. charge about $15 and raising my cleaning prices about .03 sq.ft.

sound reasonable??

Sponsored Links

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 6:59pm

And why shouldn't you raise your price Steaminpile. Every time I open the mail lately that's all I'm seeing raised prices. I'm getting to the point were I am afraid to open the mail.

Plastic is up, gas, parts, raw material, shipping, every chemical company is raising their pricing. Someone out their is getting their annual raise so why not you.

Anybody got a good ice pick 

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 7:04pm
I can usually tell if I went too far in that regard if more than 1/2 the customers start complaining about it. On the other hand, if 1/2 your customers dont do this, you never went far enough.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 7:16pm

actually it was a tightwad custy that called me today that made me wanna raise them.

called me while I was working saying that "you are charging me too much"

(this is 6 weeks after I gave him the bill for 2 different rentals)

I told him maybe he should find someone else

I'm tired of these kind of customers,just thinking a raise in prices might weed out some of the cheapo's.

Nordic 1 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nordic 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 7:21pm
Andy here is the ICS Answer

TO THE MOON BABY TO THE MOON

N1
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 7:28pm
Terry is right! When I went up from .10 in 1997 to .50 in 2000, I lost about 80% of my customers. This is good, because most of those were the cheap ones that I did not want anyway.I replaced them with customers that pay me my price without arguing about it. Find out what the highest competuitor charges in your town and plan on getting that in 3 years time. For instantance, if you are at .20 but he gets .35, raise your rate .05 each year for the next 3 years . Not hard to do if you believe you are worth it.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Nordic 1 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nordic 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 7:32pm
ken you had no where to go but up and out of business.

49 dollar whole house

to Canada highest priced cleaner from ZERO TO BRICK WALL OF TRUTH. BUMP!

when no knows what company it is.

N1

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 7:36pm
It was called Aqua-jet till August 2003, Terry. Now it has a different name since my nephews bought it.
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 7:41pm
Oh brother..
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 7:52pm

lol Kenny kenny kenny...lol

Just Charge what you know you're worth.... if your prices are High but you work is good....even if they try the cheaper guy the quality might not be there... they'll call you back...

if they like the cheaper guy.... soon that guy to will get fed-up...lol

www.mr-steamer.com
Nordic 1 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nordic 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 8:01pm
when you whore for Sears and others your pretty low on the food chain and have not much control over prices
just crumbs the big boys send your way.

N1

Searsbitch
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 8:29pm
Padman:  After cleaning with the OP machine and seeing first hand just what it is capable of in the hands of a rourkie. Yes the one job I did do.  I will not use it for less than $.35  a sq. ft. Or maybe more?Guitar
Just My opinion
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 8:34pm
Go for .50 Doug. That will tell your customers what you are really worth. I went up in my business in .10 increments. No real resistance was encountered from most till I got to .50. You can do the same, and get that too. People will think it must be good if you price it that high.
Harry View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2005 at 8:43pm

Ken just dropped HIS prices on Glides.........does that mean they must be "junk" ?

I have been very pleased with my padding jobs and since I've done four times the number of jobs as Doug has, I MUST be an expert. :-)

Be Juan in a Million - be a Leatherwright.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>