Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Encapsulation, Very Low Moisture, Oscillating Pad Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

OP Cleaning

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 30>
Author
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

http://ccsop.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 3:37pm

no Senor Steamer, it ORBITS at 1725, NOTHING like TURNING at 1725, that would fry the carpet.

Look at the videos on my website

Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 3:41pm

so I guess you pre-spray the chemicals pad man????

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 4:08pm
Yes we do, that way when you use the pads you can rinse the chems out of the carpet.
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 5:05pm
WICK BACKS HAPPEN STEAMINPILE, YES EVEN WITH BONNET IT DOESNT HAPPEN TOO OFTEN BUT IT HAPPENS.AND WHEN IT DOES I EXCEPT FULL RESPONCEBILATY.
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
Monsterclean View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monsterclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 6:38pm

Help me understand this.... It took 5 people 5 1/2, eight-hour days to complete 118,000 square?  It took 220 man hours to complete 118,000 square?  Are you kidding me?  I would fire my manager if it took over 30 man hours. 

PADMAN, was this contract an 8A set-aside, or a competitive bid?  Did you make money with your system?  Are you sure?  Are you really sure?  You wouldn't make money in Hampton Roads, VA.

I clean similar spaces for 7 cents a square.  I clean large commercial spaces without furniture for 4.6 cents a square.  I average $200 an hour on the job.  

Most cleaners just don't get it.   The cost of your machine is insignificant.  Efficiency is all that matters.  I run the most expensive machine on the market, and I make more money than most of my competitors.     

I could show you on paper that your machine costs more than my Vortex.  Just ask.

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 6:54pm

I agree to many pad changes........118,000 sq ft 5 1/2 days yes thats too much time on one job.....

Me and my partner did 40,000 in 4 hours he took one floor and me the other...and  thats at 10cents ...we cried not enough money....that would have taken 2 days padman style....

If you use the proper pre-spray-----the right rinse---and low water pressure---and make sure that the ventilation is going......... no wick backs

Padman I like OP but hell it takes too long...I could to 10 places in the time you do one with half the work force

PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/March/2004 at 8:46pm

I got paid 20,000 dollars for the job, and it was incredibly dirty, we only did it because it got us ALL Kentucky State jobs HAVE to be cleaned with this system now, the Capitol building bought a machine, janitors winning bids are buying the machine etc.

I know all the "I make a fortune on every job" lines, I have heard them several times, but USUALLY those are the guys that when I visit them don't have a pot to piss in.

We normally average approx 120-150 dollars and hour each on our cleaning, several jobs upwards of 300 dollars and hour each. But I am not ashamed to show the tough ones where we made great money. Some guys woudln't do the job fo r that, but then they wouldn't have the 20,000 in thier pockets either.

Anyone TOO good to make great money are probably full of sh*t in there claims of making ANY MONEY.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monsterclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 7:52am

Ok Padman, 

You definitely would not have won the contract in Hampton Roads. If you understand government contracting, then you understand why. You would also understand why I (a naval reserve supply officer) am skeptical.

All government contracts exceeding $2,500 in value must go through contracting. In a competitive market, contracting will solicit three bids. They generally will hire the lowest bidder. However, carpet-cleaning exceeding $2,500 will almost definitely go to an 8a company (minority-owned, small business set-aside). If you are 8a, you are equivocating...leaving some very important information out of your story.

Any future requirement for the government to use your system is completely illegal. PERIOD.

Padman. I am not the one claiming to make 17 cents per square foot; you are. I can't find a contractor willing to pay over 10 cents a square for large-scale commercial work (unless I move furniture). Since I am not in the furniture-moving business, I do not take jobs that require furniture removal. I am not talking about moving chairs.

If you are getting these great rates and are staying busy, then you are living in one of the least competitive markets in the United States and.... I'm moving to Kentucky!

Edited by Monsterclean
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 8:31am

SOLICITATION MODIFICATION

TITLE:  CarpetCleaningL&NBldg(DBS)

DATE ISSUED

Dec 19, 2003

SOLICITATION CLOSES

Date: Dec 30, 2003
 Time: 4:30 PM

SOLICITATION NO.

S-03441302-1

COMMODITY CATEGORY

Facilities and Grounds Maintenance, Janitorial, Operations

I
S
S
U
E
D

B
Y

FAC FACILITIES MGT ADMIN SVCS
GLENN BUMPOUS  
701 HOLMES ST
FRANKFORT  KY 40601

Phone:
(502)564-5455 (477 )
FAX:(502)564-9574
EMAIL:Glenn.Bumpous@ky.gov

A
D
D
R
E
S
S

T
O

FAC FACILITIES MGT ADMIN SVCS
GLENN BUMPOUS  
701 HOLMES ST
FRANKFORT  KY 40601

Phone:
(502)564-5455 (477 )
FAX:(502)564-9574
EMAIL:Glenn.Bumpous@ky.gov

V
E
N
D
O
R

Phone:
FAX:
EMAIL:

R
E
M
I
T

T
O

Phone:
FAX:
EMAIL:

FOR INFORMATION CALL:
GLENN BUMPOUS 
(502)564-5455 (477 )

ELECTRONIC BID PERMITTED:
    [   ]

OWNERSHIP TYPE:
    [   ]  Sole Proprietorship  
    [   ]  Partnership  
    [   ]  Corporation  

ADDITIONAL VENDOR INFORMATION:

SIGNATURE OF AUTHORIZED AGENT IS REQUIRED UNLESS RESPONSE IS SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY,
FAILURE TO SIGN SHALL RENDER THE BID INVALID

Signature ______________________________  FEIN# ______________
Date ______________

All offers are subject to all terms and conditions contained in this solicitation.

<big>TABLE OF CONTENTS</big>

(x)

SEC.

DESCRIPTION

X

L

Free-form Terms and Conditions

<small>The Commonwealth of Kentucky conducts business in different time zones. The time zone for this solicitation response is Eastern Standard Time. NOTE: Electronic bidding IS NOT permitted for this solicitation.</small>
<!--HeaderPagePadding-->

Line Group: CarpetCleaningL&NBldg(DBS)

Line

Description

Due Date

Qty

Unit Price

Unit Issue

Total Price

Carpet Cleaning L&N Bldg

Square Feet

Extended Description:

Carpet Cleaning Service

One time carpet cleaning using an oscillating absorbent pad method that includes pre-treatment with a very low moisture (VLM) non-toxic, bio-safe, cleaning solution containing colloidal-silver.

L&N Building
908 W. Broadway
Louisville, KY 40203

4.         Carpet Cleaning Requirements:

a.                    All carpet(s) must be cleaned using an oscillating absorbent pad method that includes pre-treatment with a very low moisture (VLM) non-toxic, bio-safe cleaning solution containing colloidal-silver i.e. Abstraction from Carpet Care Systems (or equivalent). 

NOTE: To determine the acceptability and effectiveness of any “equivalent” cleaning solution(s) requires the vendor to provide the substitute product (equivalent to Abstraction) for demonstration (at no cost to the Commonwealth) to the absolute and complete satisfaction of the Division of Building Services, prior to award of contract.  This demonstration shall be completed within 10 days after notification is provided.

This method is similar to the rotary bonnet method in that it uses a machine that resembles a floor buffer however, instead of a rotating brush the machine oscillates the brush through a circular orbit. The carpet is pretreated with a VLM cleaning solution, which is allowed to “dwell” per the manufacturer’s instructions. An absorbent pad is attached to or placed under the brush. The dampened carpet is then “agitated” with the pads to remove the soil. The pads are replaced, as they become dirty. Pads must be replaced often to prevent transferring soil back to the carpet.

b.         All chemicals and equipment must be handled by trained, experienced persons. Documentation substantiating this requirement must be submitted to DBS with the bid package.

c.         The contract holder shall provide a one time cleaning of all accessible carpeted areas at the price per square foot listed in line item 0001. 

1)         The 4th floor and basement floor has already been cleaned and is excluded from the contract to be awarded from this solicitation

2)         In place furnishings on the 1st through the 3rd and the 5th through the10th floors reduce the total “cleanable” carpet area by an estimated thirty percent (30%), leaving an approximate area of 102,970 sq. ft. to be serviced.

3)         The 11th floor is currently empty therefore the entire 15,455 sq ft of carpeted area is considered “cleanable” for a total area to be cleaned of 118,425 sq. ft.

d.         The contractor will not be required to move and clean under large “fixed” furniture items (desks, file cabinets, partitions, etc.).  Cleaning under desks will be to the best extent the vendors equipment allows.  The contractor will be expected to move, clean under, and replace more easily moved items (tables, chairs, wheeled copiers, trashcans, etc.).

NOTE: Any square footage mentioned above is believed to be accurate, however, the Contractor is responsible for verifying all measurements.

5.         All cleaning must be accomplished on a schedule pre-approved by DBS. 

a.         Based on the agreed upon schedule DBS will notify the tenants to remove personal items from the floor.  A DBS staff member will check the scheduled work area on Friday afternoon to help insure it is as ready as possible for cleaning the following day.

b.         Once carpet cleaning work begins the contractor shall continue working during consecutive scheduled work periods until all work is completed.  Work periods begin at Friday midnight and end Sunday midnight.  This provides the contractor with a forty-eight (48) hour work period. The contractor is required to complete all carpet cleaning within six (6) consecutive work periods (6 weeks).  See the Best Value Section below for best value consideration.  Any exceptions that affect completion of work as scheduled must be reported to DBS in a timely manner so schedule adjustments can be made.

I am not real happy about the IMPLIED lying on my part so I am posting some of the bid. Normally I would not post this type information. Like I said, NOW it is required, and YOU thinking that is illegal shows why you are a cleaner and not a lawyer.LOL

Stanley View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 8:52am

We don't really need to see this Padman.  I feel what everyone else feels.

Way to much man power and way too much time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monsterclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 9:06am

Your assertion that "ALL Kentucky State jobs HAVE to be cleaned with this system now,"  does not appear in this contract.  IN fact, the contract reads "One time carpet cleaning using an oscillating absorbent pad method that includes pre-treatment with a very low moisture (VLM) non-toxic, bio-safe, cleaning solution containing colloidal-silver."

It is illegal.  I have been in the Navy for 19 years.  While I am not a contracting officer, I am a supply officer.  Becasue I deal with similar circumstances every day, I am probably better informaed than most attorneys (on this matter). 

Do you actually believe that this contract supports your case?  It supports my case better than yours.  I guess we know why "you are a cleaner and not a lawyer.LOL" 

LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 10:07am

Padman has them sold.

Thats why the specs are written that way.

There is no reason the facility can't have it cleaned the way they want it cleaned.

My best customer insists on VLM. They firmly believe that HWE poses mould and slip fall risks.

Open your eyes naysayers.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monsterclean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 11:53am

Has them sold?  This is government work.  There is no "selling them".  The contract was written this way because of the way padman wrote his proposal.  He had the lowest bid.  If a stem cleaner had won the contract, it would have specified steam cleaning.  

This may not be a federal contract, but states are required to comply with the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations) if they want govt funds.

My eyes are open.   How else could I read your post?  Ha ha haaaa..... ugh, that's not even funny, but I will leave it anyway. 

Edited by Monsterclean
PadMan View Drop Down
Dr. Low Moisture
Dr. Low Moisture

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PadMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/March/2004 at 2:55pm

Your assertion that "ALL Kentucky State jobs HAVE to be cleaned with this system now,"  does not appear in this contract. 

What a dufuss, this contract is for THIS job, that doesn't take a TOO much brains power for ya does it?

IN fact, the contract reads "One time carpet cleaning using an oscillating absorbent pad method that includes pre-treatment with a very low moisture (VLM) non-toxic, bio-safe, cleaning solution containing colloidal-silver."

You cut part of the post didn't you? Who do you think Carpet Care Systems is? And just who do you think builds the Oscillating floor machine? WE are and do. I have had janitorial companies call that won bids and they had to purchase equipment and product from us to do the job.

It is illegal.  

SMARTER THAN A LAWYER HUH? IT has become the standard, get over it!

I have been in the Navy for 19 years.  While I am not a contracting officer, I am a supply officer.  Becasue I deal with similar circumstances every day, I am probably better informaed than most attorneys (on this matter). 

Being in the Navy didn't make you a lawyer either! Well being you are WRONG, I question just how darn smart you are, me thinks you think to much of what YOU think!

Do you actually believe that this contract supports your case?  It supports my case better than yours.  I guess we know why "you are a cleaner and not a lawyer.LOL" 

Yeah, I do, being mine is fact and yours is your opinion, which by the way is simply WRONG, in error, not thought out, just plain goofy, biased or WHATEVER.

Has them sold?  This is government work.  There is no "selling them".  The contract was written this way because of the way padman wrote his proposal.  He had the lowest bid.  If a stem cleaner had won the contract, it would have specified steam cleaning.  

Again, (man this is becomng a habit for you) you are wrong, THEY wrote the proposal, that is why OTHER proposals many around the STATE are written the same way and soon ALL of them here will be. Now why would they do that? Well it really is simply, because they got the results they have been wanting and waiting for, so THEY are making it the standard, propably because of blowhards that THINK IT BENEATH them to MAKE money, and would rather be here bitching and griping instead of making a good living. My wife and I made 2240.00 each saturday, WHAA, but for many of you clowns that isn't good enough? You are funny! I paid my 3 people 320.00 a day each, yes, I paid them VERY WELL, and STILL I Made great money, sure, just under 200.00 an hour that I was there, but hey, we NOW have the state insisting on using our system... Can YOU say the same? Doubt it.

This may not be a federal contract, but states are required to comply with the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations) if they want govt funds.

Just shows what YOU know! Sure anyone can bid, as long as they use this equipment and product... which is what I told you in the first place!

Go to law school, because your carpet cleaning training ONLY is showing through.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 30>