Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

150 a month for advertising.what works?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2005 at 4:13pm

I hear ya JC, It's all good man.... Marketing is the backbone of any business.... And you want to implement as many as you can and keep it out there.... I see you've been posting this topic on other BB's and that's good... Nothing wrong with that.. OPINIONS ON THAT TOPIC WILL VARY...

At this point i don't use that unit anymore.. even though it still works... I have built up a huge customer list from it and also use the other marketing methods consistently.... classified ads in weekly's, flyer, postcards, small YP's, some radio, Demo's at commercial places if I'm done early, referrals... give a referral sheet to the custy when i am cleaning so they have time to fill it out....All that stuff adds to your bottom line....

Walk in Demo's is how i got all my comm.acct's.... Stop in after the lunch hour is over.... Hope this helps ya..

Good luck to you buddy........

Sponsored Links

JCOOPER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOOPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2005 at 5:07pm

thanks john.

so as soon as your in the house you give them something for them to put

friends(whatever) on then you call them?thats a good idea.im very nice so i could see getting some names from them.even an address.

JCOOPER
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2005 at 5:34pm

Your welcome JC.. You get to a job and as you get acquainted with the custy hand her/him a referral form... something like..

top of page -- REFERRAL FORM

Thank you for doing business with me.. Advertising is expensive and referrals keeps my cost down for you.... I would appreciate 5-10 names and phone # of your closest friends/family.... If any book jobs in the future i will send you $10 or 10% whichever is higher....Thats' rewarding them for the referrals....

You will be surprised how many start writing down names!!!!!!!!!!

Try it you'll like it.........

Thing is..... when i first started... Nobody helped me.... sure wish these BB's were around when i started.... You younger guys are lucky to have this..................

JCOOPER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOOPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2005 at 6:10pm

John L

you rock.i should have been doing this already.

JCOOPER
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2005 at 6:41pm

I use to have a i-rock camaro...i added (and roll) after it.. when i was younger.... anyways...

It's a competitive service.... do your best and ALWAYS ADVERTISE your services... And you will stand out... the market will weed out the shoddy operators.... S&D, B&S.......

Here's a biz saying  " If you don't advertise... It's like blinking to a beautiful woman in the dark.. you know what your doing..but no one else does"....

that's why you see so many come and go... Well I have...for the last 21 yrs now... BUT, I'm still wanted... When they here about me....It's like they fell in love.... with my cleaning.. not me... and the referrals snowball....

Clean well and keep the dry times within 1-4hrs..... even if ya have to do a few extra dry stokes.... every dry stroke will sorten the dry time about 1hr...

JCOOPER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOOPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2005 at 7:03pm

john what do you think about the sunday newspaper?i was in it for about two months.i got ten jobs from it.maybe 12 calls.not enough!right!

now if i want to get back into it i will have to charge it.nothing like working to pay the newspaper.but if i use the referal sheet, like you said maybe the paper will work?

JCOOPER
JCOOPER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOOPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/June/2005 at 7:06pm

oh rick, i took the direct mail advice made some calls.they want 600$just to mail out 2000.doesnt even include printing.

JCOOPER
John L View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2005 at 1:42am

Never tried the Sunday paper... You got 10-12 jobs in 2 months??? How much profit did you make??? Lets say you made 200.00.. not much... but if you ran that in 20 Sundays around your outlying areas.. that would be $4000.00... Think Big...

Around here they want too much.. I've used classifieds and display ads in weeklys.... The displays cost more but have had more jobs from the diplay ads... more ppl see them... I use both...

Test test test... is what ya have to do.... your headline, your ad copy, your message... ya have to test and keep track of what works....

I use to sell informational books via mail order and i learned alot about Ad Copy.... The same principle here..When you find a winning ad... go all out with it and laugh all the way to the bank.....

You are a marketing genius of CC'ing services.... Not just a CC'er....

Millions await you JC....

JCOOPER View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JCOOPER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2005 at 2:00pm
thanks john l.good advice.i am a marketing genius of CC'ing services!
JCOOPER
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/June/2005 at 5:24pm

Different Strokes for different folks...

I think The referral sheet looks and sounds cheesy...  It's like your begging for customers..

NOT CLASSY.

you need to do something with it... give them back something for getting you referals...

like take 15 bucks off their cleaning if they join your referral program, In which they have to find you 5 people...and give each of those 5 people 5 bucks off too...

still is cheesy

www.mr-steamer.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12