Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Can NOT get rid of that smell, help!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2005 at 12:51am
Well if you cant return it try ozone on it even though it might deteriorate the backing depending on how long you treat it for,or try spraying a duct sealant over the backing the same way we seal ducts in a fire damage situation and then scotch guard the top of the rug. this is all i can think of for now let me sleep on it and i may come up with another idea.
K & S Cleaning and Restoration Services Westbank BC   
Sponsored Links

spruce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2005 at 2:35am

keben this is for a baby's room, it is not worth the time or $. If it was your kid would you try this? I like your idea, I have a bunch of ozone generators and I would try the same, but not for my kids room.

A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood
keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2005 at 11:49am
Originally posted by spruce spruce wrote:

keben this is for a baby's room, it is not worth the time or $. If it was your kid would you try this? I like your idea, I have a bunch of ozone generators and I would try the same, but not for my kids room.

I missed the part about the kids room,i would throw it out then.

keben View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2005 at 11:51am
Originally posted by dirtycarpet dirtycarpet wrote:

Originally posted by LilNiteRidrhood LilNiteRidrhood wrote:

What do you mean by "good guess".

Hand made and hand knotted are two different things.

I just mean you said in your post "Likely made in India.", and you were right!

Yep the east indians really overkill with the new car smell don't they.

dirtycarpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtycarpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2005 at 3:09pm

Thanks all for the help. 

We called the company headquarters, who referred us to the store manager, and they took the rug back and gave us "store credit" even though we bought it 6 months ago and didn't have the receipt anymore.  This was acceptable to us.

Welly64 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Welly64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/May/2006 at 4:17pm
I don't have a fax - could you email me details? I've got a wool rug from NeXt in the UK which has the same rubber smell.  It has been in my son's play room for the last year and started smelling about 6 weeks ago.  I've aired it loads but like the person you replied to before have not had any luck. 

If my son has been exposed to danger, I naturally want to know what this is.  Hope you can help.

If necessary I'll get access to a fax somehow.

Thanks in advance

Aj

Originally posted by LilNiteRidrhood LilNiteRidrhood wrote:

This can be extremey toxic.

No fooling around here. If you leave your fax number I can provide you with a news release from ASCR that would further your case with the retailer.

The improper formulation of latex can be extremely toxic.

The carpet is likely gun tufted with a cottom scrim.

Likely made in India.

Absolutely no reason that it wouldn't be replaced by the manufacturer or retailer.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12