Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

How many pieces of gum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many pieces of gum
    Posted: 05/April/2004 at 10:08pm

My question is how many pieces of gum do you have to remove before you start charging extra...I cleaned a call today with about 50 piece through out the house....I  charged the customer $1 per piece...she did want to pay it...she said it's my job

Is it my Job???

would you have done it????

It does cost more...have to use pog, and pick and pick and pick.....

This is what I think.....I'm a carpet cleaner...just like a washing machine...I put the soap and rinse...just like a washing machine....what comes out comes out...just like a washing machine....if you have specific stains extra stain removers have to be supplied at extra cost...... just like a washing machine.......one wash....if you don't like the results...just like a washing machine...you have to pay to wash it all over again...just like a washing machine.

whats the difference

Edited by Stanley
People & Standards You Can Trust
Sponsored Links

LilNiteRidrhood View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilNiteRidrhood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/April/2004 at 10:16pm

I believe in basic stain removal.

But 50 pieces of gum. You are right asking for more money.

Stanley, when you do your wash you don't pretreat the spots with Spray and Wash or something of the sort.

I have to say that in the mind of many customers, removal of the stains is the reason you are there.

Stain removal is not that big of a deal, I would say 3 a room that won't come out with the prespray is no big deal. After that I may be negotiating.

TipTopCleaning View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TipTopCleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/October/2023 at 11:31pm
Often times the extent of carpet stains (or gum stains in particular) is not specified in the initial over the phone conversation when quoting a job. It's not until you get to the job and say "Holy crap, that's a lot of gum stains!"

Been there done that.

And, I have also refused to even start a job unless the customer is going to fork over extra $$$ to pay for the labor and cost to remove all of the gum stains.

Removing gum stains from carpets can be labor intensive. Time is money. Don't be afraid to ask for more $$$. 

Post Reply Post Reply