Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Upholstery & Fine Fabrics Cleaning
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Doing Upholstery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/February/2007 at 2:18am
There are many ways to grow the business but advertising is key.  Kane 8 jobs a month hope they are big jobs, or you got something else going.  I look at it like this when you start you don't have sh*t, as far as customers or equipment.  So your first  three years are going to be though.  Most don't make it.  They get the loans for the equipment, and have little money for advertising.  Or they start with portables out of there cars with advertising but no one wants them.  I have always had the philosophy that if you are going to make, you have to do it right.  To me its not hard to find out what's right for your market.  Start off by calling you competition  to see what they offer and for what price.  If they offer TM cleaning  for prices that you would offer with a portable good luck.  People will also usually only turn a few pages in the YP so you will need to be up front  or do something else if you cant be.  With all this you should know know what your cost of advertising will be, how much you can charge, and what your customer will be.  You then should be able to calculate if this will be profitable, and if you can assume your loans.  If not wait save thats what I did.  I when in to carpet cleaning owning the equipment, and spend heavily on advertising.   The key is not as much the advertising that will keep you in business but you repeat customers.  So they should be your big focus not as much getting new one's.  In the US most the big company's have small adds ie COIT, Stanly Steamers because they are at the point they don't have to let people know who they are, but they market heavily to there existing customers.
Sponsored Links

davey1980 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davey1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/August/2009 at 1:25am
Ok, back to the thread topic! What is some of the best equipment to use on upholstery?
What are some of the best chemicals?
Finally, what are some good techniques once you have the best equipment and chemicals?
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2010 at 11:19am
Because some carpet pre-sprays have different surfactants in them than their upholstery counterparts some carpet prespray will can soak through upholstery and into backing and padding.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345