Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Uniforms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uniforms
    Posted: 28/January/2004 at 5:26pm

Todd,

You mentioned while talking to me this week about how you are looking into uniforms for employees. You may find it intereting that I sell and service a 5 million population area. I only have two actual customers who shop at my store who wear uniforms and have a polish on their shoes. Man it speaks for itself, I say no more. Anyone who does not get the message is probably the one complaining about how bad things are.

Speaking About Dress Codes:

About 10 years ago I advertised in a Trade Journal an ad that said: Send me $10.00 and I guarantee I will send you the best marketing idea ever to hit our cleaning industry. What I sent them after cashing the cheque was a set of fiber booties. (Foot Covers) that are all the rage today. This will always be an excellent idea. Wearing these in your customers home says you care without opening your mouth. Going back 10 years when I advertised I actually had a first from a customer who said I ripped him off as there could only be worth next to nothing. Then, a call from the magazine management representative telling me they would pull my ad as they saw it as a fraud. Poor Souls. If only they could see the potential, they may be rich today.

Now that I am in a humourous telling story mood, I have an electric do it yourself shoe polisher in my showroom for my customers use. With my humour I decided to put a sign on it that read: You can't clean a carpet with dirty shoes! You can not believe the number of customers who argued with me that said they could. And, do it all the time. Some people just don't get the message.

Sponsored Links

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2004 at 5:55pm

So thats what that is for.

I'll buy a box of booties if the price is right.

Hugh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2004 at 9:45am

Hi All,

I'm very pleased to see this posting area! KUDOS TED

Now about uniforms and booties...I recently entered this field of CC and the possibilties astound me. If that seems like a strange comment...let me explain.

Yes, I've had my own carpets cleaned before...and to be honest with you I've never been impressed by any CC that has come through my door, no smile no uniform(poor at best), not groomed...and yes "Dirty Shoes"...that alone absolutely floored me. So when I saw this post it really struck a cord. Especially, owner/operators...please dress for success. Costs only a few bucks for embroidery on your shirts...booties on your work shoes, maybe even leave a few pairs for your clients (damp carpets). First impressions in any service related field are important. Can you afford not to make a good impression. I have cases of booties just waiting to be used up...and I know I'll have to buy more.

This is how I see it...

"I'm a businessman who just happens to clean carpets"

Appearance is everything...i don't care if you use an RX or a Rotovac or a Truckmount or the best equipment money can buy...be a businessman first!

best regards to all,

Hugh

LeeS. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/February/2004 at 10:00pm
My techs wear uniforms, now if the subs would take the cotton out of their ears and put it in their mouths.
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 5:14pm

I always wear a uniform..it shows that you are professional....actually I never take it off..I like it...

Now Booties I won't wear...WSIB won't cover them

PRINCE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRINCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 8:41pm
ALWAYS A UNIFORM, BOOTIES TOO, CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS SURPRISED WHEN I COVER MY SHOES
We have the cleaning solution that's right for you
greg View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/March/2004 at 9:46pm
i bring a different pair of shoes in the house with me, and  i wear a uniform.  
nothing is impossable. it just hasn't been done yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply