Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Powerhead or Simple Wand

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTDEVIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powerhead or Simple Wand
    Posted: 24/February/2004 at 10:00pm

I am in the process of buying my equipment for the cleaning company I am starting and when it comes to a dry vacuum I have received two versions from the shops I've visited: One is that vacuums with powerhead are a nuissance because loose fibers or strings tangle up in the powerhead and can damage it. On the other hand people who defend the use of the powerhead manifest a simple wand, even with a great suction power from the machine will not absorb the very bottom soil lying in the bed of the carpet for the simple reason it is not being removed or stirred up by a powerhead. Who is right ? Thanks for your help guys.

Does a 20 AMP vacuum cleaner offer more suction power than a 10 or 12 AMP ? Can this high Amperage make a breaker jump easily ? Thanks again.

Westdevil
Sponsored Links

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2004 at 6:40pm

Upright twin motor vacuums are the way to go in my opinion

even though I use a single motor Sanitaire LOL

A brush will definately loosen and remove more soil.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2004 at 7:24pm
When you depend on the clients power there is always a chance of clicking a breaker.  If you are looking for great power maybe you should buy a pile lifter. A simple hepa upright vac will do the trick. The trick is to know how to vacuum just simple back & forth strokes just make you sweat and accomplish very little.  If you know the proper way to vacuum and show your client the proper way they will be more than thankful.
WESTDEVIL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WESTDEVIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/February/2004 at 11:50pm

Thank-you Doug and Steaminpile. I will go with the power head, it makes sense. Have to be careful with loose strings and stuff that can get caught  though. Doug, if the traditional way to vacuum is back and forth what is the effective way to do it you are mentioning ? Only one way forward and not back over the same track because the powerhead brush, if you move forward, is releasing soil and then the vaccum motor sucks it with no need to move back again ? Is that what you mean ? Thanks. 

Westdevil
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/February/2004 at 9:04am
The powerhead only works effectively when you are pulling it back.  But you should vacuum in different directions to clean alll sides of the tufts not necessarily at once.  This is more for the home owner or someone in the maintainence business You can over different vacuum times vacuum n a different drection NORTH South, East and West.  If you a vacuuming glued down commerical carpet you donot need a beater bar you need a brush.  So becareful when you choose a powerhead it has just a brush.    
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2004 at 1:40pm

There is only one way to get dried dirt, sand, etc .etc. embedded deep down into the fibres. When I say one way, there is no other machine that will come close, except of course for a flame thrower, you can purchase all the canister and uprights on the market today and use them one after another for 24 hours, at the end when you plug in your PILELIFTER and see all that dirt come up you will then and only then KNOW THE TRUTH. Call Ted at KleenKuip I think he has 2 used ones for sale. Besides your truckmount or your Ninja 500 the PILELIFTER will be your second best investment. Especially when the customer sees what your pulling out of her carpet after she has  just vacuumed with her own, super sucker with the turbo charged twin brush carpet beater and that new and improved aggitator coupled with a twin vacuum motor with improperly spaced Mexican impellor lobes that produce a negitive air flow and suck up half of their capacity, That reminds me back in the 50's my mother used a technology similar to all this turbo charged crap. My father was the turbo charger holding a freakin big broom and beat the sh*t out of the carpet which was drapped over the balcony, I can still him him screaming at the dirt as it fell from the fibres......." From the street you come........to the street you will return ". All this to say......CALL TED AT KLEENKUIP AND BUY YOURSELF A PILELIFTER. IF YOU DON'T THINK IT'S THE THING FOR YOU TED WILL GIVE YOU BACK YOUR MONEY LESS A 20% RESTOCKING FEE.SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD DEAL TO ME, CAUSE YOU CAN'T EVEN RENT THESE THINGS.      Jack from Montreal     aka  NIGHTRIDER

Post Reply Post Reply