Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines > Hydramaster RX-20
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

RX-20 vs. Mytee Spinmaster

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpv65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RX-20 vs. Mytee Spinmaster
    Posted: 03/December/2007 at 12:41am

Will the Spinmaster head/star fit an RX-20?  The Spinmaster is like 2/3 less expensive.  What else is interchangeable?

Thanks
Sponsored Links

FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2007 at 1:03am
I can't answer your question, but I must say that the Mytee has recently received some modifications, including the replacement of the motor. You don't want to buy existing stock unless it was made starting this month (I believe). The problems with the previous ones included motor failure and oil leakage, among other things.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2007 at 1:56am
Originally posted by jpv65 jpv65 wrote:

Will the Spinmaster head/star fit an RX-20?  The Spinmaster is like 2/3 less expensive.  What else is interchangeable?

Thanks

Yes, the head will fit. Not sure about other parts

The STD Meter
Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2007 at 2:57pm
The spinmaster is made in China, so dont eat it. It probably contains lead.
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!
jpv65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpv65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2007 at 3:24pm

have you actually tried it?  I only ask because I was told specifically by my local supplier that they were not interchangeable and it ended up costing me a lot more money than I planned for :( 

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2007 at 4:05pm
They are NOT interchangable.
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2007 at 4:33pm
This is copied from the red board. John LaBarbera is one of the owners of Mytee products. He says they are interchangeable.

spinmaster
Posted By Joe DeSouza on 12/2/2007 at 7:40 AM
is that the same as an rx20?

Joe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: spinmaster
Posted By John LaBarbera on 12/2/2007 at 10:49 AM
Hi Joe,

Tha SpinMaster is similiar. Our Star is interchangeable with the RX. We are making some design changes and improvements and will reintroduce the SpinMaster in the Spring of '08.

Sincerely,

John LaBarbera
Mytee Products Inc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: spinmaster
Posted By Larry Cobb on 12/2/2007 at 10:49 AM
Joe;

It is a similar rotary jet extractor.

One nice addition is the PTFE glides on the 5 heads.

They allow smoother operation on CGD carpets.

Larry Cobb
Cobb Carpet Supply

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2007 at 4:40pm
I thought SGG was the spinmaster
Just My opinion
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2007 at 5:15pm
You have me mixed up with someone else doug.

The spinmaster is not built to the same specs as the RX20. There is a reason that the RX20 costs more other than where it is built. Hopefully the new ones from china are built to better specs than the last ones when the boat arrives in the Spring.
FriendlyHammer View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FriendlyHammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2007 at 6:06pm
Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

I thought SGG was the spinmaster

He is.  Made in China. And all the part are interchangeable. Frequently needs repairs.

Edited by FriendlyHammer - 03/December/2007 at 9:30pm
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2007 at 1:25am
You forgot lead for brains

The STD Meter
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/December/2007 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by jpv65 jpv65 wrote:

Thanks

Speaking with a Mytee distributor he tells me that the heads ARE NOT interchangeable. I have always found in life that their is usually a very good reason for one item being 2/3 less expensive than another.

Those down-the-road costs can be killers. Suggest you ask this question to Mytee.

Post Reply Post Reply