Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Urine Stains and General Spot Removal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

House trained dogs now urinating inside

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanitom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: House trained dogs now urinating inside
    Posted: 03/February/2008 at 5:45am
I just got a call from a new customer who says the house trained dogs he has had for years are now urinating and deficating on the carpet I just cleaned??? Has anyone ever had this happen before? What do you think caused it ?  It is happening in two specific areas ; at the top of the steps where I started and in the formal living room where I finished. I cant figure it out ..The house was very clean when I came in and you would nevwer know that they had pets by the smell.. What gives...Dead
If your not happy...I'm not finished.
Sponsored Links

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/February/2008 at 9:10pm
There may not be a connection.  Check with a vet.  Not to be funny, just unless your customer has proof (I saw the tech teaching the dogs to do right there) they are two different unrelated facts.  You cleaned the carpets.  That is fact one.  He now says the dogs are using the carpet for a bathroom.  That is fact two.  Rumor is dogs have NEVER done this before.  And wild ass guess is your cleaning triggered a response from the dogs.  Truth versus conjecture.  Truth wins in court.  Which dog started it?  Diabetic dogs and older dogs do things like that.  There is some other contributing factor, there is no clean cut evidence to say your cleaning triggered the response.  You don't clean with urine and feces so nothing you used would do it unless the animal medical industry has published a warming about chemicals that produce involuntary urges in animals.  My guess anyway.

sanitom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanitom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2008 at 12:40am
 The customer is being pretty cool about the whole thing ...He is just shocked . I was in the house two weeks ago to give the estimate and you would never even know that he had dogs (or kids for that matter) the house was spotless and they take their shoes off outside before going in the house.. The carpet didnt even really need to be cleaned. There was one small coffee stain at the foot of the stair case that came out great but that was it.  I think that the dogs are older and that might have something to do with it.. But I will call the Vet as you suggested and see if they have any insight.. Thanks
sflores View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sflores Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2008 at 6:34pm
you might of pulled some of the odor that might of been in the pad while you were cleaning maybe 
Hammy View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/March/2008 at 8:18pm
Are we missing something here?

The dogs are the one's creating the problem!
Could somebody just clean my carpets!
sanitom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sanitom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/March/2008 at 1:31am
Well the truth came out. i went in with a black light and the carpet had several old urine stains that had been left behind by a dog that they had wqatched for a friend last year and he had left his mark in several places..... I gues I just stirred up the scent that was in the pad.... I think it might turn into another job $$$$$
 Post Reply Post Reply