Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaning Tips and HOW-TO-SECTION
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Air duct cleaning tip when using the Turb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air duct cleaning tip when using the Turb
    Posted: 07/September/2004 at 2:45am

Run your vacuum hose threw the supply lines first to get the large and heavy pieces out first. Don't want any dead mice clogging up the turbine in the houses , do we?

Ken Harris

Turboteck Supplies

Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2004 at 11:44pm

hey Ken... I have a few questions

what happens if that turbine falls off...???

I find the hoses very difficult to push through the vents... what do you use to get them through????

do you think your turboteck is better than conventional ways of duct cleaning???

Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2004 at 3:39pm

Steamer: If that were ever to happen, the turbine would get sucked into your waste tank. It hardly ever happens though. In the 5 years I have been selling them(over 2500 sold now), I think this has happened 3 or 4 times. The bearings we use in them are designed to spin up to 35,000 rpm, but they only go 3000 to 4000 rpm in service. The bearing itself is rated for 500,000,000 revolutions. When it breaks, $20 buys you a new bearing to install. Only 10% of the tools we sold have had their bearings replaced, so you know it lasts a long time.

The hoses that go through the vents are the type you use for your carpet cleaning whip hoses; the 1.5" ones. They can bend 90 degrees when needed and have enough rigidity to be pushed the 10 to 25 ft you need to clean the supply lines of residential construction.

For residential air duct cleaning, I know that the Turboteck System cleans better. I have done it both ways and measured what was left in the system using the approved testing protacols. You don't have to worry about the furnace motor getting screwed from the dust being blown into it like the high CFM equipment can do either. Just plain more efficient. The homeowner does not get dust in the rooms from the compressed air lines either cause this does not use any. Only 1 step point of soil removal is used.

The big units are still needed in commercial cleaning because of the much larger ducting and need for big cfm there, but the day is coming within a few more years, that the system I sell will be the dominent way to clean household air ducts. It is the superior way. Even some of the owners that use the big trucks and have seen our system work tell me that. The status quo moves slowely though, so there is much educating left to do to make it happen. But I am nothing if not persistant, so it will happen. My equipment gets better and better every year, and is the only one with a low cost camera system to show the customer the cleaning being done. The others don't have it.

Superglide Ken

Edited by Superglide Ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2004 at 3:44pm

I'm talking about the whole head falling off into the ducting.... how the hell do you get it out.... ??? Very expensive piece to leave behind in someones ducts....

I noticed the hose get killed after a couple weeks work... ducting is sharpe.. is there anything better that the current hose???

Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2004 at 4:42pm

Steamer: This has only happened one time that I know of. The reason it is almost impossible to happen is because the tool uses a reverse thread on it that screws into the inside of the hose thread, just like the Cleanco Air Duct system uses. It is on there strong enough to support a 50 lb pull. Since the tool only weighs less than 1/2 lb in total, you would not normally be able to pull it off. Down in Texas they epoxy them on to the hoses because how hot it is down there. Anybody else could do the same. If you use new hose, there are not worries. The guy that lost his used to take it off and on daily, so the hose got loose. Use a dedicated 25 ft of hose and leave the tool on it and this will not happen.

The screws in the ducts eat hoses. This is a cost of doing business, but it is a low one. We buy our hoses(25 ft) for less than $50, use it for 100 jobs ,then throw it out and start over. Cost per job is only 50 cents per house this way. The cost of cleaning ductwork this way is so low I think you could afford that no problem.

Superglide Ken

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2004 at 4:46pm
Ken you need to set up a better demo at Teds
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2004 at 5:56pm

Mr. Steamer, you are right on that one. After Connections in Vegas in early November, I am planning to fly down to Toronto and help Ted set-up a better displayof my product. With the number of cleaners in Toronto, and the price of our system, we should be selling a bunch into that market. I want to hold a glide demo day at Kleen Kuip at that time too to introduce the new SST Teflon glides into Canada that will be introduced at Connections in 8 weeks time.

Superglide Ken

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2004 at 6:41pm
I like your duct cleaning equipment... but what Ted has looks nothing like what was on the net... It was a great price too... way cheaper than the cleanco
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/September/2004 at 7:06pm

Ted has some of my earlier stuff in stock. It is not as good as my current models. I will be exchanging that old stuff for the lastest models shortly. What you guys need there to see how well this new equipment really works is a display made up of 6" clear Lexon tubing. Then talcum powder is used to coat the walls to simulate dust in the supply lines. One push of the Turboteck System through that cleans all the powder(dust) away like the walls were polished. Only then can you appreciate how well this system really cleans ducts. I have done this demo at some of the US tradeshows I go to, and it never fails to amaze.

Maybe Ted might find some of this in the GTA? I will be glad to provide the ZX7 systems after that so you can see this for yourselves.

Superglide Ken

Sir Greg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Greg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/December/2004 at 5:39am

Systems like the turbo teck have very limited use in the air duct cleaning industry and should not be your primary means of airduct cleaning.

Comments like screwing up the furnace motor, and dust blowing into a persons rooms, and most of all, this type system taking over the duct cleaning industry all show a salesmen saying anything to sell something.

Any time a salesmen makes statements like best product ever, will change the way thing are done(with this system only) are just trying to make a sale.

www.ductcleaners.org or www.dcs.com and go to air duct bb and do your research there.

Good Luck

Greg

Thank You

Sir Gregory
paulineedington View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulineedington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/April/2010 at 9:05am
I thinking to buy the Rotobrush Air Duct Cleaning system, If someone used it before can you lat me know if its good or not.
 Post Reply Post Reply