Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines > Rotovac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Portable in van

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Portable in van
    Posted: 04/February/2012 at 3:50pm
hi im new to carpet cleaning and would like someone to correct me if im wrong.I got some Crazy Ideas lol
Im getting a mytee m5 portable with the rotovac powerwand .iwas thinking of operating the portable from the van ( leaving it in the van) and run a power cord to it .
1 -woul that work ?
2- can i add a freash water tank & dump watwer tank in the van and hook it up to the m5 as water source ? ( using the m5 as instant portable in-out)   ?
3- which is better powerwand or the 360 ?
4- can a generator supply power to the unitincase there is no power ?
5- also what chemicals brand would you recomand ?

thank you in adavance for the reponses
Sponsored Links

duckcountry View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/February/2012 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by msine msine wrote:

hi im new to carpet cleaning and would like someone to correct me if im wrong.I got some Crazy Ideas lol
Im getting a mytee m5 portable with the rotovac powerwand .iwas thinking of operating the portable from the van ( leaving it in the van) and run a power cord to it .
1 -woul that work ?
2- can i add a freash water tank & dump watwer tank in the van and hook it up to the m5 as water source ? ( using the m5 as instant portable in-out)   ?
3- which is better powerwand or the 360 ?
4-  can a generator supply power to the unitincase there is no power?
5- also what chemicals brand would you recomand ?

thank you in advance for the responses

1. some have done it.  there are things to consider.
20 can i add a fresh water tank & dump water tank in the van and hook it up to the m5 as water source ? ( using the m5 as instant portable in-out) ask mytee or rotovac.
which is better powerwand or the 360 ? depends on who you ask.  I have the powerwand.  The 360 came out the following year.
can a generator supply power to the unit in case there is no power? The right size one, yes. 
also what chemicals brand would you recommend ? Depends on what kind of carpet you are cleaning.  If you are buying the hardware from the Rotovac company they have a starter set, get theirs and start there. 

Some things experience teaches to those who have what it takes to succeed.  For $250 per hour most of us will serve as consultants to you.  Free advice is worth what you paid for it and is freely given by your suppliers.
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
msine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2012 at 9:30am
Oh thank you For responding anyway .I didnt know you have to pay for advice in forums now .Your answers are definetely not worth a penny because you didnt answer any of my questions .
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2012 at 12:36pm
One less entering into the industry to steal business and screw over the customers in the process.  Some people think we are going to lay out their business plan and business model for them.  These are the ones with the cart before the horse.  My recommendation to that group is GET A JOB!!!
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?
msine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2012 at 2:59pm
If you are a pro you shouldnt worry about your business .
1-we all had to start one day .
2-this forums are for questions and answers for all kind of people
3-never asked for a plan .I asked for opinion on my ideas + i gave you one maybe you dont have any .
4-Get a job Yourself ,and let serious people answer my thoughts .

by the way i bet ill do a better job than you ,even if i just started .
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2012 at 4:04pm
Try it....  who's to say it won't work...  nothing tried nothing accomplished good luck
www.mr-steamer.com
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2012 at 5:27pm
The guy is experienced at one thing, being stupid. 
1. We, the pros, started cleaning for someone else.  Try earning your experience, not reading how to do things.
2. This forum is not for amateurs and consumers.
3. Opinions are like a**holes.  Everyone's got one and most stink.  You should know that, you have your head up your ass.
4. You are dumber than the dirt you claim to want to clean.  You get what you deserve in the way of credible answers to dumb questions.  Start by talking to mytee and rotovac.  Do you know what a vac booster is and the propane heater you need for your proposed setup?  Do you know the size generator you need?  Do you know if you can use external tanks with the configuration and if so how it set them up?  Do you have the money you need to start this up with everything you need to purchase and the marketing you need?  Does your marketing research say your community needs another cleaner?  How many ESTABLISHED businesses are you thinking you have the balls to take on?

My recommendation to you is get liability insurance.  You are going to need it boy!Boxing
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckcountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2012 at 6:53pm
He is the typical 20 something.  That tells everything we need to know about the blind arrogance he demonstrates.  Blame it on the parents who gave in to him.
msine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/February/2012 at 8:55pm
MR Cleaner
thank you.i will try it just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bad idea.

newgrouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newgrouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2012 at 10:59am
Go for it Newbie, 

Be professional and treat the customer as you would expect to be treated, all will work out.

Good Luck 
msine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/March/2012 at 12:22pm
Thx so much. Things are getting better. It worked perfect
 Post Reply Post Reply