Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Scotchgard and Teflon Fabric Protection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

3M scotch gard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3M scotch gard
    Posted: 13/November/2004 at 4:04pm

I was wondering if anyone else new that 3M was back on the market with gard???

I didn't have a clue until a few days ago...

what protection do you like best???

www.mr-steamer.com
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2004 at 5:08pm
Mr. Steamer: 3M never left. Just changed the chemestryGuitar.
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2004 at 11:10am
Doug.... really I thought they stopped cold turkey
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2004 at 11:46am
Mr. Steamer:  I think they just changed the receipe and on with the shGuitarow.
Just My opinion
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2004 at 10:31pm
Oh really... just like that... bam bam bam
www.mr-steamer.com
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2004 at 10:41pm
That is it.
Just My opinion
aqualityassured View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aqualityassured Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/December/2008 at 7:30pm
I heard that Dupont Teflon is better.  Test show that Teflon resists stains better than Scotchgard.
_________"We Know How To Clean!"
Cleaning Services Atlanta
Carpet Cleaners Atlanta
SteamProNYC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteamProNYC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/March/2009 at 11:28am
I use Scotchgard because of the brand recognition. When I ask people if they would like to renew the Scotchgard protection on their carpets they know what I'm talking about. If I were to ask, "would you like me to Teflon your carpets?" or "would you like me to Maxim you carpets?" they would have no idea what I'm talking about. People associate Teflon with their pots and pans. Just like you probably wouldn't Scotchgard your pots and pans, people do not teflon their carpets. 3M made 6.5 billion dollars last year. Scotchgard is paramount to their growth. It's not going anywhere.
Steam Pro Carpet Cleaning NY - Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning in NYC.
Remove Ink Carpet - Remove Ink Stains
TipTopCleaning View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TipTopCleaning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/October/2023 at 1:10pm
3M Scotchgard is a popular choice for carpet and upholstery protection. They offer different formulations suited for various needs. Here are a couple of Scotchgard products often recommended....
  • Scotchgard Fabric & Upholstery Protector: This is a general-purpose protector suitable for a wide range of fabrics, including carpets and upholstery. It helps repel liquids and block stains without changing the look or feel of the fabric.
  • Scotchgard Carpet and Rug Protector: Specifically designed for carpets and rugs, this product is formulated to repel spills, making it easier to clean up accidents before they turn into stains.
Remember to always check the manufacturer's guidelines and test any protector on a small, inconspicuous area before applying it to the entire carpet or upholstery. Additionally, since product formulations and availability can change, it's a good idea to check for the latest recommendations and reviews online.

Post Reply Post Reply