Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Introduce yourself
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Hi, I'm Rick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foosballnerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hi, I'm Rick
    Posted: 13/November/2016 at 12:35am
Everybody wants the facts, and here they come: Job = printing industry, it's full time. Use to clean carpets with a portable Thoromatic, 2 vacs, it's was orange, with power head, years ago.  Bought a EDIC off craiglist. I do come from a cleaning back ground - father being a vac salesman along with sewing machines.  I'm not trying be the entrepreneur of clean.  What I need is some advice, and yes I do google.  Ph is 10 on the cleaning chemicals , how would I get it back to 7, cost effective,.... Oh what the heck, I'm tired of typing.  
Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2016 at 4:59pm
You could add small amounts of vinegar or acetic acid or textile rinsing agents.

Check it with litmus paper until you get your desired pH.
foosballnerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foosballnerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/November/2016 at 7:52pm
I forgot to put this in my introduction post - I'm not the smartest guy in the world, if I was I wouldn't need to google acetic acid.  And first off let me thank you for responding.  I'm going to make newbies look like rocket scientist.  So the rinse, a small amount, is applied how?  After hot water extraction, with a pump sprayer?  Added to the hot water tank with the cleaning solution?  I honestly was in the industry, and have cleaned a bunch of carpets mostly in the apt rental business (low pay and hard work, which is why I switched professions).  I got a ton of more questions if your interested, some questions will probably be dumber than the last.  Any advice you can give would be great.   
 Post Reply Post Reply