Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Water under sink but no leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Colady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water under sink but no leak
    Posted: 08/August/2023 at 5:54pm
Hey everyone, really sorry if my topic is offtopic. 

I'm facing a bit of a puzzling situation with my kitchen sink, and I'm hoping to get some advice from the community here. Recently, I noticed there's water pooling under my sink cabinet, but after a thorough inspection, I can't seem to find any visible leaks from the pipes or the faucet. It's got me scratching my head!

Details:

• The water seems to be accumulating more on one side of the cabinet.
  • I've checked all the pipes and connections for any signs of dripping or moisture, but everything looks dry.
  • The faucet itself appears to be in good condition, with no noticeable drips.
  • I haven't noticed any decrease in water pressure or any other issues with the sink's functionality.

I'm wondering if this could be due to some condensation issue or if there's something I'm missing. Has anyone else encountered a situation like this before? Any blog or yt channel link that address these kind of issues. I'd really appreciate any insights or suggestions you all might have.
Sponsored Links

Mike Colady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Colady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/August/2023 at 5:54pm
Thanks in advance for any help!
Mr.Mike View Drop Down
Resident Stooge
Resident Stooge

Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/August/2023 at 11:30pm
Hey there,

I totally get your frustration – plumbing mysteries can be quite the head-scratchers! From your description, it sounds like you've done a thorough job checking the usual suspects. If you've ruled out leaks and the faucet itself, it's definitely possible that you're dealing with condensation.

Condensation can occur when warm, humid air comes into contact with a cold surface (like your sink pipes or the cabinet). The moisture in the air condenses into water droplets on the colder surface, leading to that pooling water you've noticed. To tackle this:

Insulation: Consider insulating the pipes under the sink with foam pipe insulation. This can help prevent the cold pipes from meeting the warm air, reducing the chance of condensation.

Ventilation: Make sure the area under your sink is properly ventilated. If the air can circulate, it might help reduce humidity and condensation.

Dehumidifier: If your kitchen tends to be quite humid, a small dehumidifier placed nearby could help regulate the moisture levels.

As for resources, there are definitely blogs and YouTube channels dedicated to home maintenance and plumbing issues. I'd recommend searching for keywords like "kitchen sink condensation" or "under sink water pooling" to find videos or articles that address similar problems.

DIY forums like Reddit's r/HomeImprovement or other home improvement forums can be great places to ask for advice and get insights from people who have faced similar situations.

Or you could always just ask Grace Johnson. She sounds like she's really on the ball! Wink

Good Luck!

I'm positive about the negative...and negative about the positive.
 Post Reply Post Reply