Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

"What to Charge"??for ceramic tile!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "What to Charge"??for ceramic tile!
    Posted: 07/December/2004 at 11:06am
Hi Everyone........i live in Saskatchewan....i just purchased the Turbo_Force Hybrid and a hand tool.....I was wondering what i should charge for c leaning? places like Mcdonalds.Burger King and car dealorships with Ceramic Tile?..i have heard from anywhere 75 cents to two dollars ......Thank you!!!!
Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2004 at 4:43pm

Hello whitey and welcome

You have a dilemma. I have heard all these high prices and actually have carpet cleaners claiming up to four hundred dollars per hour. But I suspect that is not the norm. Call a few janitorial service companies in your area and compare as pricing differs city to city to country.

Since you can out clean them faster you can charge less. Since you can out clean them better you can charge more.

Your choice.

Nevertheless it was a wise choice to look at entering these services as we are seeing less carpet and more hard floors. It seems like a no brainer to enter this large market. The advice I would give to you is to not look at regular weekly contracts and competing with the low guys. Go for shock treatment cleaning. Where others have failed and you are their only salvation.

whitey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/December/2004 at 5:38pm
Hi thanks i think i actually talked to you on the phone yesterday! anyways what is shock treatment ?...thanks Michael
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2004 at 5:16pm

whitey,

Usually when day or night work is done and it is up to the employees or a janitorial service to clean the floor it is usually a joke. As I say smoke & mirrors.

In the fast food industry it is usually school kids swishing water and using a corn broom or dirty mop. And every time they put the mop into the bucket they are recycling dirty water back on to the floor.

Most floors get diluted NOT cleaned. If they have a janitorial service in many cases it is a new Canadian husband and wife working part-time or overtime cheap just to get ahead.

So at one point the floor gets out of control with odours and ground-in heavy soil in the grout lines.

The Turbo with every oz. of water being fresh and continuous rinsing will do a far superior job That's what I call a shock treatment. They don't have the knowledge or equipment to do the job properly but you do.

Next time you go into Establishments with ceramic tiles etc. look at the grout lines on the tile that is up the wall. It is usually grey in colour. Then look at the floor grout lines. If you seriously thought about this infectious mess you most likely would not eat there.

If you are looking for a shock treatment on a carpet then add a Rotovac to your mix.

Post Reply Post Reply