Printed Date: 02/May/2024 at 9:46pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: I would like to "CONFIRM" one thing
Posted By: Ed Valentine
Subject: I would like to "CONFIRM" one thing
Date Posted: 25/January/2005 at 2:50pm

I had the opportunity to speak with:

Mr. Dennis Conner a week ago.

I will confirm the fact that he is one terrific gentleman and a very good business person too. Has only nice things to say about everyone...............................except one for very good reasons........................................, but just a wonderful and very interesting individual. What a great Industry this is and what a good group of friends too.

Good Fortune to all;

Ed Valentine

Replies:
Posted By: Adwa
Date Posted: 25/January/2005 at 8:21pm

Thanks Ed for confirming Dennis's character is in good standing with the good old boys. I'm sure we were all just wondering just exactly who this individual was with the tunnel vision with Ken's picture at the end of it.

My question to a well respected individual as your self in our industry. Who was the original inventor of the Teflon Glide? I honestly have no idea?

Thanks

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com - http://www.kleenkuip.com

Posted By: Lisa Smith
Date Posted: 25/January/2005 at 8:26pm

Adwa,

Kleenrite

Take care,

Lisa

Date Posted: 25/January/2005 at 8:28pm
What happened Lisa do they still sell them?

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

Date Posted: 25/January/2005 at 8:34pm

Nope.

Take care,

Lisa

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 25/January/2005 at 9:09pm
They were not the same shape as Teflon Superglides are either,nor were they on wands the same way the Superglides are. The closest that anyone came to making a glide that I sell now was actually Ted, when he was selling his "Steath Wand" about 10 years back. He was using UHMW without the holes in it then. I saw that design back then and put it in my files as an invention to refine in the future. I did that almost 8 years later. 

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: Dennis Conner
Date Posted: 25/January/2005 at 9:16pm

Thanks for the kind words Ed!

But YOU are the industry Gent with so many years in the Biz!

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 9:32am

Adwa;

Thanks for the asking.  At the moment, I am not sure  who 'featured" (perhaps not invented) the first Glide on HWE wands, period. Rather, teflon, or otherwise. Our most gorgeous BB Ambassador, Lisa, mentioned Kleenrite.

However, I seem to remember that there was someone else who featured these permately attached to the particular wands they were selling way back in the '70's (??) I'll have to look in our Archives that we have collected over the years. many companies that have been here and gone throughout the time.

And, keep in mind that actually some of the first ----wand----glides were made in the "wet-dry" commercial vacuum Industry way before they were ever accepted in ours. And, I believe that this is where the idea actually came from.      Just a little side note.

Thanks, Dennis. You are truly one of the best.

Good Fortune to all;

Ed Valentine

cross-american.com

Posted By: Willy Parsons
Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 11:22am

What about me Ed? Don't you love me any more? 

Just razzin'! I have spoken with Dennis as well and he seemed like a heck of a nice guy. I'm sure if most posters were in a room together, there would be lots of stories,laughter and good natured arguing.

-------------
Certified to be certifiable.

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 12:06pm
I disagree with you Ed, he may be a great person but in my opinion these public boards are not meant to be a vehicle to tear people apart, if you have a bitch with someone do it one on one and not in front of the whole world. That's my opinion! 

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 12:36pm
Don:  One on one they probably would be silent?Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 12:42pm
Don, I agree with you. Ed would have a very different opinion of Chuck if he was the "target" of Chucks attack. Chuck has a duality to him(he is a Gemini) that lets him act like a totally different person when talking one one  wether that be on the phone or in person. Then he is Dr. Jeckel. Here he is Mr. Hyde. He fools many, but not me.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Posted By: PadMan
Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 12:48pm
As long as the turth is being told, live with it.

-------------
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 12:53pm

Willy;

You are a true friend to everyone and you know that we have spoken many times on the phone. I'll bet that you are right in reference to having a room full of Professional Cleaners. It is one thing to hide behind different names and/or profess to be the board clown at times but, in person the individuals I have met, do not reflect these same images we had of them. All neat , hard working people who are supporting their families with honor.

And, I'll wager to say that Mr. Steamer (we have had our differences in opinion) is a really neat guy too. Hope to meet him sometime in the near future, with (Big) Willy by my side ofcourse!

Cleanex; 

My statement and thread was about Mr. Dennis Conner as a person and individual and nothing to do with any BB's, policies; likes and/or dislikes, or the weather. Perhaps you misunderstood what I was specifically reporting.

Good Fortune to All Canadians;

Ed Valentine

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 1:03pm

The TRUTH is my defense......Ken can't say that!

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 1:25pm

let's not beat a dead horse to death, day after day this goes on, we all know the story by noe. 

-------------
DON ELDRED

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 1:32pm
Why would someone who is continually attacking need a defence if his version of events is the truth???  I guess if you preach long enough you can convince yourself what you say it the truth and nothing but the truth. But after awhile you start ot affect your own credtiability with this continual garbage.  Chuck I think we have all got the message.  Maybe Ed thinks you can walk on water, but from your antics here I would have to reserve judgement on that one.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 1:38pm

The horse ain't dead...It's a$$ is alive and well in Calgary

Shipped that Ti prize yet kenni???

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 2:38pm

Gentlemen;

It is interesting that several here are defending a policy that this board should be for helping others in the business of cleaning rather than in the degrading of ones character on this board. Especially from what I have labeled years ago on a few others, as: Board Terrorists.

And, I for the most part, FULLY AGREE.

However, if this was the policy of this board, these kinds of posts would have been deleted without question. Am I correct in saying this?

Now, don't get me wrong when I also say that there are (unfortunate) times when a  person or two must "defend" their honor and creditability inorder to turn these few away from destroying the good apples in the barrel.

What is MOST INTERESTING here is that the individuals above (whom I have never met) who are professing to be "better than the rest" so to speak, are inturn exhibiting  the exact same critisism as the person they are pointing the finger at. Specifically, in terms of needling myself and discrediting my gracious comments in an effort to prove their point. No, Doug, that comment of yours that I believe that someone "walks on water" is total bullsh*t and just a mean jab and you know it, sir. Please do not put words into my mouth because I can speak for myself, thank you.

I  once again ask, -----PLEASE!!------that YOU READ my comment clearly and for what they are. They have NOTHING to do with the policies of this board or the way it should operate , or how you would like them to. YOU people who want this stuff to go away are the only ones whom have brought it out of the closet---again. (more fuel to the fire--hummm)

But, here is my suggestion: If you do not like what Dennis and Ken have to say to one another, skip over it, period. Stop throwing more fuel on the fire by responding IF YOU TRULY believe in what you desire.

Thank you Gentlemen. I hope we are all friends because that is exactly the way it is supposed to be.

Good Fortune to all;

Ed Valentine

cross-american corp.

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 4:32pm

Ed, That is my point why add fuel to the fire, every day on every board the Ken thing is mentioned. I am not defending Ken, as a matter of fact have never met him or dealt with him. Having said that your post about Dennis added more fuel to the fire.

I have posted several times complaining about how a person will ask a very good question and by the 3 or 4th reply we are into a totally different subject.

As far as the Ken thing I do not read the postings, but I am sure by now that the points have been driven home several times over, anyone that makes it a priority every day to post the same crap needs to get a life. We all know the story so let it be and let's get on with more important things in our lives.

-------------
DON ELDRED

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 4:44pm
Chuck does need to get a life, for sure, but when you are the captain of the "Minnow", there are only so many things to do?

-------------

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 5:38pm

Do you consider that an intelligent come back after what Ed & Don are trying to say Ken?  You your self add more fuel to the fire. Sometimes it is smart to know when to shut up. And please no response is necessary.

-------------

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 5:46pm
ADWA:  Know sence having a chimney fire when you can have a 5 alarm blaze???Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 6:18pm

I agree with cleanex...

Lets move it along... keep it moving..

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: PadMan
Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 6:33pm
SURE, move on, and in a couple of days you will be complaining about it being boring.

-------------
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 6:36pm
it is boring already

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 7:35pm
Keep moving on, instead of argueing and it will get alot more boring, I can guarantee you. I stir here to keep life interesting, not because i don't know how to keep my mouth shut. Been there, done that, and was bored as hell! lol

-------------

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 8:27pm

Padman all we need to do is to get Jimmy over on this Board, end of boring!

-------------
DON ELDRED

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 10:06pm

How can you all be bored unless you're arguing? I love the free exchange of information and ideas here, and I love making new friends throughout the world. I've learned more on the BB's in two years than I did in the other 15 years of experience put together. I appreciate every voice here and on the other boards. You have all enriched my life and helped my cleaning and business. Thanks to all of you! I've made some of the best and deepest friendships through the BB's. Met cleaners from all over the world, and learned volumes.

Love you all.

Take care,

Lisa

Date Posted: 26/January/2005 at 10:27pm

Well said Lisa... isn't she just a sweet heart....

The Mary Poppins of Carpet Cleaning....lol

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 27/January/2005 at 9:39am

All good posts, btw. Everyone has an opinion.

Gentlemen, I do think that it is important for all of us to share our personal experiences (either in person or on the phone) with others on the boards in an effort to create the truth and goodwill. I see nothing wrong with this.

We all know that people can be much different in person than when they hide behind their wording at times.

Personalities.

BTW, hey, Steamer, theres a rumor going around that you look like a snow ball and melt when a beautiful young lady, like Miss Lisa winks at you! Is that true?????

LOL

Good Fortune to all;

Ed Valentine

Date Posted: 27/January/2005 at 11:20am
I'm a manly man... I don't melt....I flex

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net