Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=104
Printed Date: 27/April/2024 at 4:51pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: PRICE FIXING OR STANDARD RATES
Posted By: nightrider
Subject: PRICE FIXING OR STANDARD RATES
Date Posted: 15/March/2004 at 9:44pm

The only reason I said price fixing was to get your attention. Most other business have set prices for services provided. If you call all the plumbers in the yellow pages the all charge an hour travelling time and a fixed hourly rate plus parts. Same goes for electricians, dentists ,hairdressers, lawncare companies, mechanics ( garages) carpenters, painters, roofers, and so on.

We are the only industry that goes around cutting each others throat just to say " Thats my customer " and walk away with our head bowed low, holding on to a fist full devalued currency.

The aches and pains in our back, knees, and arms drown out the rumble of our empty stomach as we load up and head on to our next job.

We have to do something about getting together and have some set rules and prices. The customers are playing us for the fools we are. They are the winners here. The money they save, they go have a freakin nice supper with. That's our food they're eating, we paid for that bottle of wine, that's our monet that they just gave to the waiter as a generious tip. While we munch on a hot dog they're munching on a Filet Minon Steak.

Stand up and be counted and lets fix a rate chart, and abide to it, don't bend, let our personalities and skills and knowledge get us the customers.

JACK        NIGHTRIDER  EVERY MAN CANNOT BE A LEADER BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN HE CANNOT LEAD THE WAY.....ALL THESE QUOTES ARE MY OWN IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING

Replies:
Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 15/March/2004 at 9:47pm
Let me tell you there be alot of dirty carpet...people don't have to clean....this is not an oil cartel...we have to buy gas....I've had customers that haven't cleaned their carpets in 30 YEARS......

Posted By: Adwa
Date Posted: 15/March/2004 at 9:48pm
Jock that is the first smart thing I have heard you say to date. Great Idea, hope the other guys will stand up and pay attention.

Posted By: PadMan
Date Posted: 15/March/2004 at 9:48pm
I had a man in my home town want to convert from TM to OP, but I told him I wouldn't sell him a machine in my own home town, he asked why, I told him, "Your company name is ECONOMY CARPET CARE, change it and I will sell you a machine and you should charge at least .25 or .30 cents a foot. He is now Elite Carpet Care and use the OP, and has sold his TM. Ashley McKendree of Elite Carpet Care Kentucky... Is that kinda like price fixing?  LOL

-------------
Converting HWE customer to VLM customers for 30 Years!

Posted By: PRINCE
Date Posted: 16/March/2004 at 3:04am
Smart Man this Nightrider.........wish we had someone like him in my area........Knows what he's talking about......sounds very educated Please can you tell me how one would go about setting something like that up.

-------------
We have the cleaning solution that's right for you

Date Posted: 16/March/2004 at 7:50am
It sounds like your starting it right here. Keep talking about it, this may just happen.

Posted By: greg
Date Posted: 16/March/2004 at 1:27pm
we charge by the sq. 23 to 28 cents.....fabri guard at 18 cents.

Date Posted: 16/March/2004 at 4:19pm
Won't work...waste of time...price cutting will alway exist....no matter what you charge they'll be someone who charges less...and they'll do it just to get the business

Date Posted: 16/March/2004 at 6:17pm

That is very negitive thinking Mr. Steamer. Let's assume there are 25 real carpets cleaners in a given area, it's easy to seperate the men from the boys. Let us also assume 15 come on board, and 10 cut prices......the 10 will be cleaning 3 jobs to your every 1 and make the same money. It won't be long that they realize they are working for peanuts, and will give up the business because of the long hours and little pay. That is why there are so many used truckmounts and portables for sale. In the summer they is always a hand full of new carpet cleaners and window washer out there, but customers want a professional job, and will pay the extra costs. The ones that don't want to pay, let the amature have it.......do you want to clean a whole house for 49.95 If you do better you go flip hambergurs at McDonalds cause you are far from a businessman, you become a joke, and your customers will refer to you as the JOKER who cleanen my whole house for PEANUTS.

Jack         NIGHTRIDER   where men and boys are distinguished between who they are and what they want to be

Posted By: greg
Date Posted: 16/March/2004 at 8:12pm
i agree 100% jack. i would be ashamed to be the cheapest guy in town.

Date Posted: 16/March/2004 at 8:49pm

Sorry but people are aways looking for cheaper....I'm not the cheapest by a long shot....I don't drop my prices the higher the better....it keeps the rif and raf away...but there are people always telling my customers they can do it for less..

I tell them... if you want cheaper call that guy..I can't do it for less....

Bissell sold over 100,00 units last year yanno

Posted By: PRINCE
Date Posted: 16/March/2004 at 11:16pm

hard to believe steamer......you refuse a buck. thats a good one

wait till nightrider reads this.........i want to see what he'll say.

are both of you friend now..........i don't read anymore cheapshots......you're not going soft are you.

-------------
We have the cleaning solution that's right for you

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 17/March/2004 at 12:21pm

I totally agree to work smarter and not harder.

but as Mr. Steamer said,there will always be lowballers.

I'm just starting my second year in business for myself and every other day a new client will tell me how so and so will do it for "this much",or when handing them the bill they pull out a competitor's coupon  for "$85 whole house cleaning",and I ask how come they didn't call that guy.

Maybe I'm crazy being a fairly new biz but I tend not to budge,I know what I need to get to make the profit I want to make,therefore I charge what I charge.

I do try to remain friends with what I think are the most reputable cleaners in town and we tend to scratch each others backs instead of stabbing them.

Maybe we should form a Union,then the higher price cleaners would tend to be the ones willing to pay their dues.It'd be o.k. cuz I mean who else wants to discuss CC other than carpet cleaners

Posted By: Stanley
Date Posted: 17/March/2004 at 4:03pm
Nightrider...This can happen if we were all members of the IICRC....like any union..

Date Posted: 17/March/2004 at 4:15pm

MAKE IT HAPPEN AND I'LL BE YOUR FRIEND.IICRC DOES NOT HAVE THAT POWER, NEVER DID, NEVER WILL...........I HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN 2 WAYS....FIRST WAY IS THROUGH MY CONTACTS.....BUT THEN THEY WILL WANT A PIECE OF THE ACTION PLUS FAVOURS.......NOT A GOOD CHOICE....SECOND IICRC MUST LOBBY GOVERNMENT IN EACH PROVINCE........BUT THEY WILL NOT LISTEN TO TRIVAL INFO..........I HAVE SOMETHING THEY WILL LISTEN TO.....WANT TO KNOW.......GET THE TOP HUNCHO OF THE IICRC TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ME AND WE'LL SIT AND TALK, BUT THEN I WILL WANT SOMETHING FOR MY EFFORTS AND INFO............FUNNY GAME THIS BUSINESS STUFF.

nightrider

Date Posted: 17/March/2004 at 4:19pm
Nightrider I think your comming around...I like that...are you certified???

Date Posted: 17/March/2004 at 4:55pm

Next thing IICRC will be talking about, is their cut....

Man are you people blind???

Date Posted: 17/March/2004 at 4:58pm

NO

BUT I HAVE A PAIR OF CLEAN SHOES AND A WAND

AND A BIG MEAN STAINLESS STEEL CLEANING MACHINE, WITH A 68 BLOWER, 360V8 GAS GUZZLER, 4 NEW ROUGHRIDER TIRES, AND NOTHING TO CLEAN.........GOT A JOB FOR ME THERE........ IICRC MAN

HAVE TRUCK....WILL TRAVEL ( remember that one Ted, Paladon, have gun ......will travel )

Jack         &n bsp;   NIGHTRIDER

Date Posted: 17/March/2004 at 5:17pm
Well Lets get you set up in a course....what area are you in???

Date Posted: 17/March/2004 at 5:42pm

Me....I'm on Mars...standing beside this little Rover thing that keeps banging into my ankles.......right now I'm just collecting some rocks..........stick your head out of your window and I'll throw one at you.

Jack        NIGHTRIDER

Date Posted: 17/March/2004 at 8:34pm
Stanley unfortunately Jock reeled you in like a fish. Just another trophy on his self with the head games. It just keeps getting better and better.

Date Posted: 17/March/2004 at 9:38pm

That's not nice,  adwa.....He jumped on the hook all by himself, then threw me the rod to hold........NOW THAT"S FISHING

You never told me if you were Ed Yorks wife, was I finally wrong about something that this world threw at me.

NIGHTRIDER  you just want another quote, better write to me more often then

Date Posted: 17/March/2004 at 9:48pm
Sorry Jock I couldn't resist, love the reeling sound. Really do you think I write like I am in my 70's. I only know Ed from reputatation. Never met the man personally. Hear its a shame from what Ted says.

Posted By: handsomejohn
Date Posted: 19/March/2004 at 1:04am

YOU ARE 100% RIGHT MR. STEAMER.

YOU TELL EM.

Posted By: Monsterclean
Date Posted: 19/March/2004 at 9:25am

Most businesses in my area will not pay over 12 cents a square for carpet cleaning. 

For residential work, I offer 2 completely seperate services.  One company is named batter cleaners and the other company is called monsterclean.  In short, customers get what they pay for.  If they want to go cheap, I send out my hrdramaster van mounted truck and clean for $20 a room with a wand.  If they are wiling to pay for quality, I send out my vortex with 2 rotovacs. 

Ya get what you pay for in carpet cleaning.

Commercial work is different because volume counts.  Give me a big open space with no furniture and I will clean real cheap and still make a profit.

Date Posted: 19/March/2004 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by Monsterclean Monsterclean wrote:

For residential work, I offer 2 completely seperate services.  One company is named batter cleaners and the other company is called monsterclean.  In short, customers get what they pay for.  If they want to go cheap, I send out my hrdramaster van mounted truck and clean for $20 a room with a wand.  If they are wiling to pay for quality, I send out my vortex with 2 rotovacs.

Way to go...cover all bases....only thing I find...is those cheap customers are really a pain in the butt...I can clean 2 rooms for 59 and take 2 hours....I can do 10 rooms in the same 2 hours....

They want it cheap...they want you to move every darn thing....you get the white glove treatment...they always have 1 mat for you todo extra, that turns into 10 mats....

The bigger job...just pays, says thanks and your on your way

Date Posted: 20/March/2004 at 4:13pm

Monsterclean.......you know why they won't pay over 12 cents sq. ft......simple.....'because of everyone cutting prices, but don't you find it strange that they will pay the 12 cents.......now if all the cleaners raised the price to 30sq ft......they will pay.........funny you pay when the price of gas goes up...why..........you also pay more for fruit and veggies in the winter......why......you will even pay more for your cigarettes and beer if that goes up.............

Jack       NIGHTRIDER

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net