Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1751
Printed Date: 21/May/2024 at 6:25pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: psi chart
Posted By: jackblack
Subject: psi chart
Date Posted: 14/July/2005 at 1:27pm

i was reading a post where somebody said dont use 500psi on a certain carpet and it got me thinking that all porty's should have regulators and gauges which many if not most do not. (ie. the 100/150/200 psi ports)

also does anybody have a chart that tells you what psi to use on what fabric/carpet/scenerio etc...

Replies:
Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 14/July/2005 at 1:56pm

porty's with 100-200 psi don't need regulators because it's really not even enough to thoroughly clean cut pile carpets

pretty sure they'll teach you what psi to use in a CC technician class through the IICRC

only need to know 2 different psi settings for carpet IMO and it's partially personal preference

My Powermatic has 2 settings for CCing,so it's pretty simple.........set it on low for low pile,set it on medium for cut pile or shag

200and 450psi  is what I like

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 14/July/2005 at 2:32pm
shouldn't that be a PI$$chart??

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 14/July/2005 at 3:27pm

well if you have 200 it might be good to cut back if you're ever doing cars and vans. i use 50-75psi to do the head liner on cars where it was a smokers car sold to a non-smoker.

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 14/July/2005 at 4:42pm

actually  250 - 450 is what I use....

actually 250 is good for alot of carpet...you just have to go a little slower is all...

the carpet dries really quick...no glide needed

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 14/July/2005 at 4:50pm
you guys are using 450 with a tm?

Date Posted: 14/July/2005 at 4:57pm

yup... don't really need any more...unless your looking to do some damage

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 14/July/2005 at 6:12pm
I fined 400 to 425 is plenty. It works for me.

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: dontlikedennis
Date Posted: 14/July/2005 at 7:06pm
and they make fun of guys with 500 psi porty

Date Posted: 14/July/2005 at 9:17pm
it's the suction my lad....

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 14/July/2005 at 10:15pm

Originally posted by dontlikedennis dontlikedennis wrote:

and they make fun of guys with 500 psi porty

Have to make fun of somebody?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: dontlikedennis
Date Posted: 14/July/2005 at 10:16pm
how many inches you got? or CFM

Date Posted: 14/July/2005 at 10:36pm

HEAT , suction and flow are the big differences with a TM

Plus you can clean 100's of feet away from it

I use a terry towel and prespray for roof liners in cars.......makes me feel like Padman

but it works with no fear of damage

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Posted By: Advantage
Date Posted: 14/July/2005 at 10:51pm

I wonder how 500psi porties keep water in the tank without auto fill or any heat at all. 

I use 350 working pressure with the wand & the RX, 200 with the RotoVac.

In an IICRC class I was told 400psi is the maximum you should use.

-------------
CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 15/July/2005 at 1:59am
They lied........................

Date Posted: 15/July/2005 at 6:36am
That is becaust the instructor never operated a tm?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 15/July/2005 at 2:25pm

This is a porty world....

when you pull up to a customers house with a TM a lot of them have never seen one before

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 15/July/2005 at 2:31pm

probably more so in larger cities

only customers I come across that have not seen a TM are the ones that have never had their carpets cleaned professionally or they have only used the one outfit in town that uses a porty

if I lived in an area full of high rises I would definately have a porty

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Date Posted: 15/July/2005 at 2:44pm

No you wouldn't....

NO WAY!

I started doing portable calls again after 5 years of not doing any....

it's too time consuming.... you got to check in with security... bring the stuff to the back... move you van back to the front... walk back to the back.. go up to the apt. sh*t I forgot something....

I did one that was trashed 2 br/ Lr/Dr and hall... took me three hours for 80 bucks hal was n/c

and she was fussy Insisting on me going over and over traffic areas...I was getting worried about the apt below...lol

if I ever do apt's again I'll charge by the hour

for get it!!

once again I am refusing porty work

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 15/July/2005 at 3:44pm
Get willy's vac booster???

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 15/July/2005 at 3:49pm

steamer send me the porty work ok?

my # is (905) 453-3311

Posted By: Adwa
Date Posted: 15/July/2005 at 4:12pm
There's no flies on your back.......Jackblack

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com - http://www.kleenkuip.com

Date Posted: 16/July/2005 at 2:18pm

When I use my porty I have a 2 wheeler for my  buckets, sprayer, cords, rake, and a bin in to carry my chems,all that stuff you don't want to make an extra trip down the elevator for.

Plus I use the porty to suck the crud out of the bottom of the tm waste tank.

As far as them lieing, I'm just trying to figure the motivation.  Maybe it makes you dump more water to regulate the heat exchanger.

Who knows?

-------------
CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

Date Posted: 16/July/2005 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Advantage Advantage wrote:

I'm just trying to figure the motivation.  Maybe it makes you dump more water to regulate the heat exchanger.

Who knows?

???? I'm lost but you can always dump the regulated water back into the fresh water tank... Just re run it...

I love it saves me alot of water

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 16/July/2005 at 8:16pm
We run hot enough in the summer without the heat on. so we don't dump much water.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 18/July/2005 at 7:52pm

Ok so I'm confused, my Bridgpoint Saber (Prochem Blazer) dumps into the water box, when it gets full it dumps into the waste tank.  Thanks for making me think Mr. Steamer .

So what is their reasoning for not dumping into the fresh water tank?  Hot water is being pumped from the water box anyway.

-------------

Date Posted: 18/July/2005 at 8:28pm
The water in your water box is for your wand.  the machine only dumps into the waste tank to cool it self down when the wand is not working.  My machine dumps at I believe about 245 degrees. It runs at about 220 230  with the heat off in the summer single wand.  We have the heat on if dual wanding.  .as far as dumpng into the fresh water tank. water could get too hot. Your water box dumps water if it exceeds 180 degrees. If your fresh water tank was low the water may cause damage to your pump or other component or just dump it because it is too hot.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 18/July/2005 at 10:45pm

your temperature control solenoid dumps into your suction line but you don't see it, it's underneath, depending at what temperature you set it at....re-run that to your fresh water tank... your fresh water tank is big enough to cool the in coming hot water..no matter how low it gets  it'll never reach 185*f you'll run out first...

there are two relief valves one on your heat exchanger that goes off at 325*f(emergency shut down) and one that goes off at 185*f in your waterbox....the warm water that runs into your water box comes from your pressure unloader... and very rarely does it ever reach 185.

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 18/July/2005 at 10:56pm
I wouldn't think a blazer would dump much water.  It depends on the size of your water tank and the size of your waste tank weather this is worth all the hastle or not.  We have water softeners we carry a good supply of water have 100 gallon waste tanks with po's so what is the big deal.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 19/July/2005 at 7:33am

I think if your doing a lot of furniture...it'll help alot...

100 gallons doesn't go very far when doing furniture... the only good thing you do doug is turn your temp up high...so you don't loose much while cleaning carpet.... but I'm sure you'll burn through 25-30 gallons while cleaning a 3 piece

to each his own.... I like to get 6 jobs or so out of my fresh water tank... I hate to fill up at the customers house

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 19/July/2005 at 7:56am
We pass next ot no water as we have the diverter valve off when cleaning furniture. 6 jobs?? How the hell big is your water tanks??  If you carry a 100 gallons and cool down the unit after each job. less than 17 gallons per job??

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 19/July/2005 at 9:32am

Yes I know... I cool down into the fresh water tank..lol and I run at 350 psi and if it's clean or real hot I'll run at 250

my tank is 110 gallons....lol

and I run my steam real hot... helps to save water too

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 19/July/2005 at 1:40pm
So what you are saying is you circulate all your water to your fresh water tanks? You must also have small jets on your plastic wand??

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 19/July/2005 at 2:11pm
Something is small.

-------------
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.

Date Posted: 19/July/2005 at 3:47pm

yup..... regular Jets....

you don't pay attention but the darn machine dumps a lot of water into your waste tank

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 19/July/2005 at 4:25pm
I found the Bruin II's dumped much more water than the 405's

-------------
Just My opinion

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net