Print Page | Close Window

flood work

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to fire and water damage restoration
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=190
Printed Date: 15/April/2024 at 9:51pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: flood work
Posted By: terry
Subject: flood work
Date Posted: 25/March/2004 at 10:31pm

Looking to build the best flood truck .Water extraction only .What would you build?and how? BLOWER ENGINE ETC.Thanks Terry.

PLS KEEP IT SIMPLE ,NOT SO NIMBLE .LOL

Replies:
Posted By: Scott Hilborn
Date Posted: 29/March/2004 at 9:03pm

Terry why water extraction only? Having fresh water on your truck rules!

I would recomend a cube van for floods. I can send you some pictures of my truck if you like.

Scott

Date Posted: 29/March/2004 at 9:13pm

I do sub work for  one company.

Run a bruin 2  to clean for them  and flood work,witch is fine for now.

But here in Montreal we have really cold times in Jan ,Feb lots of broken pipers .

Would like to put just a flood truck on the road for them.

Because i have missed about 20 jobs this year.

But don't want to spend the money on a full truck .

Would not to able to keep it working all year round.

What i mean is too much work for one ,but not enought for two.

Thanks Terry

Posted By: Stanley
Date Posted: 31/March/2004 at 9:02am
Maybe one of those big flood pumps the ones with a gas engine...almost like a honda generator.

-------------
People & Standards You Can Trust

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 31/March/2004 at 11:06am
Terry: Unless you have a fleet of trucks there is a down side to having just a flood truck if you are a small operator like myself.  What happens if while extracting warter you have to doe some powerwashing?  We use our trucks and powerwash and extract.  I ran bruin II 's for a few years went threw alot of belts but still a good unit.  You would be better off either replacing the bruin and using it for a spare or for overflow or purchase a used unit.  But I think you need the flexabiltiy to be able to turn that flood truck into a cleaning machine.  Other options flood sucker portable or a drain vac.  This is of cource just my opinion  good luck with ever you decide.

Posted By: carpetologist
Date Posted: 31/March/2004 at 3:13pm

How to keep it simple.

Purchase  a Ninja Flood Master. This unit will pump and suck 30 gallons per minute non stop continuously. And will double as a carpet cleaning machine. It is on this site.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 31/March/2004 at 9:15pm

Thanks guys.

Ted i'll call you about the flood master.I was the one calling from Montreal about the pto.

Shop at  fourniture select .Vincent Begin , he does not have them .Think it's more in line for me then a second truck.

P.S what would a bruin  2 suck a min?. If we have a guy dumping .We also have a pump out from pc what would that pump??.Thanks Terry

pss Talked you're self out of  one more  truck sale 

Date Posted: 02/April/2004 at 5:58pm

Terry,

Another idea is to purchase a used #4 or #5 blower for approx. $1,200.00
Purchase a drive shaft PTO with clutch for another $1,500.00 install a recovery tank with or without and auto pump out.
Have it all installed and you will have a slick vac water flood pick up unit.
Total approx. cost installed maybe $5,000.00 to $6,000.00

Five serious floods should give you that return.

Or you being in Montreal could rent one of nightriders hoses and wands since he can use three off of his truck and generally only uses one.

-------------

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Date Posted: 02/April/2004 at 6:21pm

Ted:  Ihave to disagree. Wasteing $5000. or $6000 on a mish mash not my idea of a fix.  Don't forget to add another $5000 or $6000 for the truck. You can buy a used cd unit in the truck for less than that. You can also add another few bucks for hoses and wands.

Posted By: We Dry
Date Posted: 17/May/2004 at 11:16pm
Have you got your basics covered..I.e.....Airmovers, Lgr's and so on?

Date Posted: 18/May/2004 at 8:14am
Mr. Matthew N. Lozecki., ASD, WRT CDT International Inc., CAT Director of Network Development:  I guess your idea of basics and mine are different.  I guess you go directly to Airmovers. lgr's and so on?  I prefer to remove the standing water first which what this post is all about?? I guess we have had different training??Do you just instruct and reccommend go directly to drying equipment, water extraction is not necessary when airmovers and lgr's are in place?  Does it take you any longer to evaporate the standing water? Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 18/May/2004 at 9:25am

It was a simple question.

I was only wondering if you were building a complete truck kit with everything.

Sorry

Date Posted: 18/May/2004 at 9:58am
Originally posted by We Dry We Dry wrote:

It was a simple question.

I was only wondering if you were building a complete truck kit with everything.

Sorry

What would complete truck consist of?Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 18/May/2004 at 10:09am

Extractor, wand/hydro X vac, lgr's, airmovers, hoses, attachments, cleaning solutions etc. Somthing along those lines.

Posted By: Brian Strawn
Date Posted: 18/May/2004 at 5:42pm
Need to extract as much water as possible 1200 times faster then
dehumidification. Just my opinion ('')

-------------
Brian Strawn

Date Posted: 18/May/2004 at 6:50pm
Brian, Thanks for you OPINION!

Posted By: Adwa
Date Posted: 18/May/2004 at 8:40pm

Here's a simple question. What does Lrg's, mean ?

Thanks

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com - http://www.kleenkuip.com

Date Posted: 18/May/2004 at 9:17pm

Low Grain Refregireant Dehumidifier...It's the new technology of dehumidification also there is desiccant dehumidification.

Desiccants will get your vapour presure down whereas LGR's wil only get as low as 28GPP

A normal dehumidifier will dry to 55GPP

LGR dehumidifer will dry to 28GPP

Desiccants will dry down to the teens.

I have had our 8500 CFM units down to 2GPP

Date Posted: 18/May/2004 at 9:29pm

Thanks We dry but I believe I am out of my league here. I will let you experts discuss the difference between which dehumidifier is good for the job.

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

Date Posted: 18/May/2004 at 9:39pm

Hey there. No problem!

I was browsing through this site and seen that Ted has a rental division now. They have regular dehumuidifiers and LGR's. So if you ever need any I believe they have them.

Talk to ya soone eh!

Date Posted: 18/May/2004 at 9:51pm

Thanks We Dry

Ted's always coming up with different idea's. It will be good for the carpet cleaner that wants to clean up a flood for their customer without sub contacting the work out or going through the expense of buying all the equipment for just a few jobs.

Eh!!!!!! a real Canadian

-------------

Date Posted: 18/May/2004 at 9:57pm

100% Canadian and PROUD of it!

Yes, Ted will do great with the rental divisions. Hes and inventive man...Ever hear his message on his voice mail?.....lil...Elvis.........Well..Im sure we'll chat again....Talk to ya soon....

Date Posted: 25/May/2004 at 5:14pm

We Dry, Thanks for coming on board.

You may notice that flood work has had more views than the average post in a very short time. I can only conclude that we have a higher than average interest in knowing about flood work.

This is still a new field for most and many are hungry for knowledge. I will attempt to put more efforts into this area and would appreciate and encourage you to do the same. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks in advance.

Does flood work simply mean sucking up water and leaving with your fee? If that's you then you have only performed a very small portion of this whole big picture. Possibly many bad, unhealthy experiences and or expensive repairs may be down the road for your customers. Is it your responsibility to explain what they are? Do you know what they are?

I challenge We Dry to get more involved and enlighten us on what's down the road for those of us who want to become true restorative cleaners.

1. Where do we go from here?
2. Where are the learning institutions?
3. What's an average investment?
4. Can I rent equipment?
5. Do I have legal responsibilities?
6. How do I find moisture if I can't see it?
7. What's the difference between mold and mildew?
8. Is there a wholesale company that I can turn my floodwork over to and recieve a commision?
9. What are the health issues?
10. Do I need to be registered with any organization?
11. Is it difficult to get insurance companies to do business with a small carpet cleaner?
12. Can I be sued for doing a job incorrectly?

-------------

Date Posted: 25/May/2004 at 10:14pm
Ted:  I think the Centre for Disaster Recovery in Barrie is a great start for anyone serious about this industry.  I guess that question was not ment for me.  But there are so many questions I didn't think one would matter.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 26/May/2004 at 9:59am

Hey Ted......Its We Dry just getting back to you.....

Here we go!

Does flood work simply mean sucking up water and leaving with your fee? = NO WAY........I wish it was that easy... ........There are many things involved in water damage mitigation..........Insurance, Liability, Equipment, Storage facilities and the biggest issue is future law suites against if you provide moisture control services and they are improper.

1. Where do we go from here? Everyone needs to get educated, not saying that we don’t know everything but we all learn everyday new and better things. And better ways of providing our services. Education is the #1 asset you can have to your firm. With education you can prove what you’re doing and why you’re doing it. That is usually the biggest challenge that most water mitigation firms are faced with.

2. Where are the learning institutions? Let’s start in Canada. There are two...One being in Barrie Ontario and the other in Hamilton Ontario which is my own school. Both schools have ASD, WRT, AMRT and many other courses to offer..Al courses are certified by the IICRC and some by the ASCR Foundation.....You choose, but most insurance institutes only will accept the IICRC as a certification.

3. What's an average investment? This is a broad statement....I don’t know what is involved...Just water or fire?...If its flood you would need the essentials like, 25 Airmovers @ an average @ $375.00 = $9375.00....5 LGR dehumidifiers @ $2400.00 = $12,000.00.....Truck @ $700.00 per month with a leasing option @ 12 months = $8400.00......Extraction unit....Ted I don’t know how much these are......Just add it in here if anyone knows....We are already at $30K....That’s with just some equipment and a truck not with the extractor. We are not even including the cost of the extraction tools... There many more to include, insurance/liability, employees to perform this services, training in water damage mitigation.......I’m sure there are more this is a quick brief rundown of some!

4. Can I rent equipment? Equipment can be rented from Ted Harding, CDT International CAT and Munters. All provide equipment nationally and globally... Your best bet is renting through Ted Harding.....

5. Do I have legal responsibilities?  Well...YES. Yes it sucks but we all do......What if "we" think we dryed Mr. Ted Harding’s house and then 3 moths later he is calling back with a microbial issue... We are most likely liable for this...and it will only be covered by our own pockets. You do not want your insurance provider knowing that we have contaminated  Ted's entire house with mould spores........ So just a quick answer...we are all liable in every project we go in.

6. How do I find moisture if I can't see it? Informed cameras work well if you know how to utilize them. There only read temperature differentials........Non invasive moisture meters and an instrument called a boroscope......Your can get a boroscope that has a camera so you can see it on a small TV.....

7. What's the difference between mould and mildew? Mould grows on most building materials and mildew grows on plants.....

8. Is there a wholesale company that I can turn my flood work over to and receive commissions? Ted that’s what I provide....I do work for may contractors and they basically have me perform there water mitigation services and they invoice the insurance firms.

9. What are the health issues? Mould Mould and More mould...... ....You can get beat up with this very quickly.....Cross contamination in houses are a big topic. If you don’t dry and contain properly then there are MANY health issues.

10. Do I need to be registered with any organization? Get registered with the IICRC and some IAQA organizations... Indoor air quality associations....

11. Is it difficult to get insurance companies to do business with a small carpet cleaner? Its hard to get insurance to use large national firms some times...So yes...And all you can do is keep trying and trying!

12. Can I be sued for doing a job incorrectly? YES YES YES..... If the insurance firm calls in another contractor and they prove that it was done incorrectly then they have a legit case!

Hope this helps.......

Date Posted: 26/May/2004 at 3:35pm
Mr.  We Dry: What  ASCR courses do you offer. I am a member of ASCR and was just inquiring?Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 26/May/2004 at 5:30pm

We offer the MRT mould course....Do you have that one?

Date Posted: 26/May/2004 at 5:36pm
Mr. We Dry: Good brief post you could have wrote an essay on this
subject. Education is the first step.

-------------
Brian Strawn

Date Posted: 26/May/2004 at 6:11pm

We offer the MRT mould course....Do you have that one?

Mr. We Dry:  I am a CR and have AMRT ASD  and one or two others.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 9:10am
Is there somthing you want to add Brian?

Posted By: TGIF
Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 12:05pm

Hey Ted......Its We Dry just getting back to you.....

Here we go!

Does flood work simply mean sucking up water and leaving with your fee? = NO WAY........I wish it was that easy... ........There are many things involved in water damage mitigation..........Insurance, Liability, Equipment, Storage facilities and the biggest issue is future law suites against if you provide moisture control services and they are improper.

1. Where do we go from here? Everyone needs to get educated, not saying that we don’t know everything but we all learn everyday new and better things. And better ways of providing our services. Education is the #1 asset you can have to your firm. With education you can prove what you’re doing and why you’re doing it. That is usually the biggest challenge that most water mitigation firms are faced with.

2. Where are the learning institutions? Let’s start in Canada. There are two...One being in Barrie Ontario and the other in Hamilton Ontario which is my own school. Both schools have ASD, WRT, AMRT and many other courses to offer..Al courses are certified by the IICRC and some by the ASCR Foundation.....You choose, but most insurance institutes only will accept the IICRC as a certification.

3. What's an average investment? This is a broad statement....I don’t know what is involved...Just water or fire?...If its flood you would need the essentials like, 25 Airmovers @ an average @ $375.00 = $9375.00....5 LGR dehumidifiers @ $2400.00 = $12,000.00.....Truck @ $700.00 per month with a leasing option @ 12 months = $8400.00......Extraction unit....Ted I don’t know how much these are......Just add it in here if anyone knows....We are already at $30K....That’s with just some equipment and a truck not with the extractor. We are not even including the cost of the extraction tools... There many more to include, insurance/liability, employees to perform this services, training in water damage mitigation.......I’m sure there are more this is a quick brief rundown of some!

4. Can I rent equipment? Equipment can be rented from Ted Harding, CDT International CAT and Munters. All provide equipment nationally and globally... Your best bet is renting through Ted Harding.....

5. Do I have legal responsibilities?  Well...YES. Yes it sucks but we all do......What if "we" think we dryed Mr. Ted Harding’s house and then 3 moths later he is calling back with a microbial issue... We are most likely liable for this...and it will only be covered by our own pockets. You do not want your insurance provider knowing that we have contaminated  Ted's entire house with mould spores........ So just a quick answer...we are all liable in every project we go in.

6. How do I find moisture if I can't see it? Informed cameras work well if you know how to utilize them. There only read temperature differentials........Non invasive moisture meters and an instrument called a boroscope......Your can get a boroscope that has a camera so you can see it on a small TV.....

7. What's the difference between mould and mildew? Mould grows on most building materials and mildew grows on plants.....

8. Is there a wholesale company that I can turn my flood work over to and receive commissions? Ted that’s what I provide....I do work for may contractors and they basically have me perform there water mitigation services and they invoice the insurance firms.

9. What are the health issues? Mould Mould and More mould...... ....You can get beat up with this very quickly.....Cross contamination in houses are a big topic. If you don’t dry and contain properly then there are MANY health issues.

10. Do I need to be registered with any organization? Get registered with the IICRC and some IAQA organizations... Indoor air quality associations....

11. Is it difficult to get insurance companies to do business with a small carpet cleaner? Its hard to get insurance to use large national firms some times...So yes...And all you can do is keep trying and trying!

12. Can I be sued for doing a job incorrectly? YES YES YES..... If the insurance firm calls in another contractor and they prove that it was done incorrectly then they have a legit case!

Hope this helps.......

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 12:07pm
WE Dry:  I think your advice on what one  needs to get into the Water Damage business is an OVER KILL.  Unless you rent equipment.  Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 12:07pm

Ooooops!  How far out will you folks go to rent out equipment (KK)

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 12:31pm
We rent equipment all over Canada and the USA....We have equipment in trucks ready 24/7.....

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 12:32pm
Its not overkill...Its the facts!

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 12:44pm
In the real world. Who's facts?  Who says you need this much equipment to start out?  Is this your opinion?  Inquireing minds would like to know?Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 12:52pm

Ted asked me a question and I answerd him with a basic answer.

You should have enough equipment to handle 5 losses at any given time...

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 1:12pm
Are you telling me for every LGR there is a ratio of 5 airmovers?  What are you drying?  I like your answer because some years ago the ratio was 2 airmovers per drieaze 50.  Do you remember when that was?  I for one don't think your answer is the least bit accurate running a school or not...  Oh by the way I don't care who asked the question.  It is all the people who read the answer.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 5:59pm
Hi We Dry: To Determine the amount of air movers needed:     

Standard is one airmover per 10 - 14 linear feet of wall space     

Example 12' x 12' room you have 48 linear feet of wall space       

48 Divided bye 10 = 4.8 units or 5 approx.

Dehumidifier EG.                                                   

Ceiling is 12' High 3600SF x 12= 43,200CF        &nbs p;         &nbs p;  

Class 2 loss using a LGR 43,200CF Divided bye 50CF= 864 Pints

864 Divided bye MFG CFM Rating of Dehumidifier in this case it is
320CFM =2.7 Units = 3 Units

This is in the WRT ASD courses

What is your thoughts Doug How about your thoughts TGIF WE Dry or
anyone else.      

-------------
Brian Strawn

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Brian Strawn Brian Strawn wrote:

Hi We Dry: To Determine the amount of air movers needed:     

Standard is one airmover per 10 - 14 linear feet of wall space     

Example 12' x 12' room you have 48 linear feet of wall space       

48 Divided bye 10 = 4.8 units or 5 approx.

Dehumidifier EG.         &nb sp;         &nb sp;                               

Ceiling is 12' High 3600SF x 12= 43,200CF        & ;nbs p;         & ;nbs p;  

Class 2 loss using a LGR 43,200CF Divided bye 50CF= 864 Pints

864 Divided bye MFG CFM Rating of Dehumidifier in this case it is
320CFM =2.7 Units = 3 Units

This is in the WRT ASD courses

What is your thoughts Doug How about your thoughts TGIF WE Dry or
anyone else.      

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 7:20pm
Brian:  First of all lets talk the real world.  Compare drying costs to replacement?  Is the room you are talking on the main floor?  Which will be wood right?  If on concrete we are talking a different story.  Unfortunately everyone thinks a manuals or guide lines are the gospil, at least those who know  no more than what is written. Think again because every job is different and if you don't know what the hell you are doing weather you passed a test or not you are going to get yourself in deep s**t. 5 airmovers and 3 LGRs in one 12 X 12 room it would be cheaper to R & R.  Unless your equipment is free.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 7:22pm

Brian - your right that seems to be how the insurance industry wants us to calculate.  Its a beautiful thing.  They want us to be ASD certified and WRT certified to be on their preffered list.  Now we can justify the equipment on the job with the education to back us up.  We cannot completly depend on certification or education on every job, sometimes job experience is the key to completing a job properly.  It sounds like you know what your talking about.  How long has our other panelists been at this?  I see some old and some new school in the panel.  I myself like to use a bit of both old and new.

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 7:43pm
[QUOTE=TGIF]

Brian - your right that seems to be how the insurance industry wants us to calculate.  Its a beautiful thing.  They want us to be ASD certified and WRT certified to be on their preffered list.  Now we can justify the equipment on the job with the education to back us up.  We cannot completly depend on certification or education on every job, sometimes job experience is the key to completing a job properly.  It sounds like you know what your talking about.  I know what your saying with the calculations but I think you messed up with the numbers a bit.  I think that one Lgr would do the trick.  If your saving the carpet, pad, trimwork and painting and you have it all dry in three to four days some of the educated adjusters are buying into it.  How long has our other panelists been at this?  I see some old and some new school in the panel.  I myself like to use a bit of both old and new.

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 8:47pm

Brian...I like those figures. When we get a call in the Toronto area for flood equipment they usually want and think they need one or two dryers but no dehumidifiers.

You can see a lot of education is needed here.

-------------

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 9:05pm
Well the good thing is if you have 3 rooms your 25 airmovers and 5 LGRs is just not enough to do one small claim now is it??  Caculate that.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 27/May/2004 at 11:18pm
We Dry - I was asking that question to KK - KleenKuip.  Do you rent the equipment through Kleen Kuip?

We rent equipment all over Canada and the USA....We have equipment in trucks ready 24/7.....

Date Posted: 28/May/2004 at 9:46am
what happes when you have 5 claims and need 7 airmovers per claim?

Date Posted: 28/May/2004 at 2:35pm
No. I do not rent throgh KK...Sorry about the confusion....

Posted By: Sammy
Date Posted: 28/May/2004 at 6:42pm
Sorry for budding into the coversation WET DRY but that sure looks like your equipment on Ted's Web site????

No. I do not rent throgh KK...Sorry about the confusion....

Date Posted: 28/May/2004 at 8:19pm

To help clarify...

KK rents it's own flood equipment and We Dry does not rent through us. But, from time to time with KK's volume buying power has wholesaled from We Dry to satisfy our existing customers. Especially on the larger units.

KK also purchases rental equipment from many sources including We Dry to re-sell as used but not abused equipment.

From time to time you will see it for sale on this site.

-------------

Date Posted: 28/May/2004 at 9:58pm

Sorry guys.  I was'nt born yesterday.  Its a matter of opinion but I will not support my competition.  I know who my suppliers are and I know who I can rent from.  I also know who my competition is.  KK - Take a look at your rental page.  If thats not a CDT page from their web site than I don't know what is.  Its your choice but people who look at your rental division will know whats up. 

Sammy

Date Posted: 28/May/2004 at 10:34pm
Jesus:  This post is too controversial for me.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 29/May/2004 at 8:38am

SAMMY.....

Are you saying that I am a direct compeitor with you?

I supply many firms across Canada with equipment and there is not a problem...

Date Posted: 29/May/2004 at 11:03am
Yes I would say you are a compeditor to anyone in Ontario! 

Date Posted: 29/May/2004 at 4:23pm

SAMMY.......

Check your facts before you accuse!.....Have a good one

Date Posted: 29/May/2004 at 5:32pm

We dry: I am not the type to accuse.  I work off facts alone.  It is my opinion that as people in the restoration business use this forum and they find out who you are you will get the same feedback. 

Sorry,  yor bed! you have to sleep in it.

Sammy

Date Posted: 29/May/2004 at 6:42pm
I have no problem telling people who I am. And most already know... I network with some of Canadas largest franchised firms... They obviously do not have  a problem with it?...

Date Posted: 29/May/2004 at 6:45pm

Why is it the we "as contractors/suppliers/service supliers" cannot just get along and network together. Eventually we all need each other for some kinda help within our industry......All of us...

Date Posted: 29/May/2004 at 7:48pm

In a perfect world I agree.  We should be working with each other.  Every now and then the almighty dollar gets in the way.  Sooner or later somebody will back door you because the dollar is more important than the relationship.

You know what I mean We Dry!

Anyway time will tell

Sammy

Date Posted: 29/May/2004 at 9:04pm

I'm not to sure what you are refering to but I for one know that I have "NOT" back doored anyone nor would I..... Lets think about it... Would I like to do one direct project with an insurance firm our would I like to do several losses for contractors numbering in the hundreds and may I add hundred of thousands of dollars?...It does NOT  make sence to make more $$ on one project than it does to loose the chance on making much more $$ on more than one project...

Example......

1) 15 losses a year with an insurance provider..Mmmmm, Not bad money.......

2) 15 contractors giving you 15 losses a year which comes to be at a total of 225 losses..... What would I rather have? FYI...I have more than 15 contractors using my services....Im not trying to talk but Im tryn to show that Im  not what you apparantley think I am....

I duno...Sorry about whatever your thinking!

Its an obvious what I would and HAVE chose!

Date Posted: 29/May/2004 at 10:49pm
Mr. WE Dry:  Lets cut to the chase.  Do you or do you no deal directly with insurance companies in the Hamilton GTA area?  It would appear that the questioin is in regards to your service area from your office.  I am not referring to your rentals around the world.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 29/May/2004 at 11:06pm
Doug: I know the answer to that but I am very curious to see how We Dry responds.  Thank-you for asking the question. 

Date Posted: 29/May/2004 at 11:16pm
I know the deal on these guys too.  I don't understand why KK has gone this route.  People do not feel comfortable using these guys.  I have been going to KK for the past 16 yrs.  I'm not saying  I would stop going but it is a bit dissappointing.  I most definately will not rent equipment from KK.  These guys have a pretty extensive rap sheet from what my fellow compeditors have told me.

Date Posted: 30/May/2004 at 2:11am

Well... Seeing how your all soo smart why dont you just tell me......

And when you say people be carefull.....I have many people that you probably think wont use us that actually do use my services.......RAP sheet...... please.........I have many sheet with contracts and thats it.....so SAMMY......

CONCLUSION......

Everyone has an oponion and even Mr. Just My Oponion also....

This is just "My Opinion"

Posted By: BigRed
Date Posted: 30/May/2004 at 7:15am

I have been reading this discussion forum for the past 2 weeks and found it kind of interesting.  Never really had any interest of putting through any posts.  But this latest topic, I could not resist. 

Dear Mr. Deep Clean.  Or should I say I had to change my name from Deep clean because I did have a bad rap sheet and everyone in the industry knows it.  Or should I say Mr. Restorex.  Smoke & mirrors works with some people you signed up but it won't with other.  If I call the telephone numbers for any of these other companies, even though the numbers are probably different, will it not ring under ine roof???  How can you try and tell these guys that your not their competition under CDT but your running 2 full service companies in the Hamilton GTA areas.

I also say thank you Doug for asking the question.  Because of the cowardly answer given by We Dry, Deep Clean, Restorex, Cdt, DCR Group and who knows what other names there are, it provoked me to finally put my first post in.

Sincerely

Back door victim

Date Posted: 30/May/2004 at 8:38am

Well...Mr. BigRed....Do I sence some anger at all?......lol..seeing how you have my numbers why dont you cal the office and ask for mr We Dry and talk.......

Its really pathetic on how some people will go to any extreme to bash someone in the industry especially when they dont even know who there talking to........

Date Posted: 30/May/2004 at 8:42am

Mr Back Door Victim......Its a shame that you are touchy on this toic.....I feel for ya

Date Posted: 30/May/2004 at 8:50am

Originally posted by doug doug wrote:

Mr. WE Dry:  Lets cut to the chase.  Do you or do you no deal directly with insurance companies in the Hamilton GTA area?  It would appear that the questioin is in regards to your service area from your office.  I am not referring to your rentals around the world.Guitar

Mr. WE Dry:  Did I miss the answer to this question ?  If so could you please repeat it.  I am not all that bright at figuring thinks out.  Just a simple yes or no would be great.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 30/May/2004 at 1:10pm
Doug:  Sometimes silence could be the answer to a question.  I'm glad i was'nt the only one who noticed he responded to everything but your last post.  I have a question for you Doug.  On one of the posts I read I noticed you had written that you were an IICRC supervisor.  What is that?  I have never heard of it before. 

Date Posted: 30/May/2004 at 1:35pm

Im not silent.... Im just simply not going to get into a pissing contest on the internet.....

Take it how ya want!

Date Posted: 30/May/2004 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by BigRed BigRed wrote:

Doug:  Sometimes silence could be the answer to a question.  I'm glad i was'nt the only one who noticed he responded to everything but your last post.  I have a question for you Doug.  On one of the posts I read I noticed you had written that you were an IICRC supervisor.  What is that?  I have never heard of it before. 

Big Red:  I will try to answer that in the Ask Doug topic;  I do not want to cross contaminate this topic.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 30/May/2004 at 6:00pm

We Dry:  I'm sorry to say.  If theres nothing to hide thats fine answer the question Doug has asked.  But it is obvious that the amount of posts you have had in here before getting bthe grind was tremendous.  Now that you have been put on the spot you have completely IGNORED the question.  This whole rental thing with KK is starting to smell funny.  You know what I mean. 

Thats why I was glad Doug asked the question so I would not be deemed as picking on you and getting thrown off this forum.

Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 2:51pm

I love this controversy. We have not had this much since we lost nightrider. It's great and we should get everything out in the open. It's healthy. But it seems to me that in construction, flood and fire being one of the same that it is very common practice for companies even competitors to do sub-contracting. Or am I all wet?

Are we not all just trying to make a dollar? I had no idea there was this much resentment and animosity within the ranks of the fire and flood industry.

-------------

Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 2:53pm

Sammy

Competition is a wonderful thing and without it we would become fat, lazy and miserable. Competition is the blood of life keeping your wits sharp and it keeps you hanging in.

-------------

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 4:29pm

Yes it's all about the cash grab..... Let me tell you most people pay for what they get.... how many times have you heard..."just suck up the water" and you try to tell them that that's not all it involves...and you hear again "just suck up the water"...

If the customer doesn't want to pay your magic number...you "just suck up the water" and when it doesn't come out good...and their hell hole smells like the port-a-potty pit.... they talk crap about you and your company.

This is where you have to learn..... they don't want to pay to do the job right then WALK... no money is better than a little bit of money and a black eye

Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 4:51pm
Mr. Steamer:  I think you missed the point.  Did you read the previous posts?Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 7:17pm
Did he ever miss it!

Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 7:24pm

Whos NIghtrider?

Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 7:24pm

Kleen Kuip keeps approx 50 pieces of flood equipment available for rental units.  When I need more to satisfy one customer I rent from WE DRY.  Its works for me.

I am glad they are their for us.  If others choose to not rent from them its there option, but these people have made a healthy investment and must come up with creative ways of showing an investment return.

I would be sweating on the days I would see all that equipment stacked up in my storage room.

-------------

Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 7:30pm

All this bickering appears to me that some companies are feeling that the larger and more aggressive companies are getting the edge on business, and maybe they are right.    I see that Sears is now entering the Flood Restoration Market across Canada.

Every one says they do a poor job but they became Canada's largest carpet cleaners. Will they gain the same status in Flood Restoration?

They certainly have the resources to do just that, should the smaller and intermediate size restorers be putting on their thinking caps and maybe talking with each other.  

-------------

Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 7:48pm

In the supply business I am friendly with all my so called competitors even though from time to time we cut each others throats, I would rather be on speaking terms with them as opposed to not speaking.  Makes for a better life.  You asked in your post about rental equipment that I explained. A question was asked of We Dry. Do you rent through KK?  Answer was no. But KK rents through We Dry from tine to time to satisfy KK customers  Is there something wrong with this?

As for KK performing actual Restoration work !NO! we do not, period.  Now work that comes in over our website or our phones we will refer these potential customers to our existing customers.  Is this not what it is all about? Supplier helping his customers.  If yours is not maybe its worth changing suppliers.  Yes we will refer and gladly help out any of our customers whenever we have that opportunity and We Dry is a good customer.  You scratch my back and I scratch yours.  That' what my father taught me.

Kleen Kuip's website receives a lot of traffic from all walks of life including desperate people in need of cleaning advise and help. Along with people standing in flood water looking for immediate relief.  KK is very open to discussing with ANYONE who feels they could benefit from our site.  Maybe we could develop a section that directs fire and flood customers to web participants. 

We are always looking at ways to expand if you haven't noticed, the web is the futuristic way to go.  Don' get left behind. I have never looked at myself as a competitor to anyone as we have the reputation of attempting to help all we serve.  KK's website was never designed to be competitive, but a helping hand to all those who choose to participate.

As Doug would say shut up you are starting to sound religious. It's just my opinion.

-------------

Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Carpetologist Carpetologist wrote:

In the supply business I am friendly with all my so called competitors even though from time to time we cut each others throats, I would rather be on speaking terms with them as opposed to not speaking.  Makes for a better life.  You asked in your post about rental equipment that I explained. A question was asked of We Dry. Do you rent through KK?  Answer was no. But KK rents through We Dry from tine to time to satisfy KK customers  Is there something wrong with this?

As for KK performing actual Restoration work !NO! we do not, period.  Now work that comes in over our website or our phones we will refer these potential customers to our existing customers.  Is this not what it is all about? Supplier helping his customers.  If yours is not maybe its worth changing suppliers.  Yes we will refer and gladly help out any of our customers whenever we have that opportunity and We Dry is a good customer.  You scratch my back and I scratch yours.  That' what my father taught me.

Kleen Kuip's website receives a lot of traffic from all walks of life including desperate people in need of cleaning advise and help. Along with people standing in flood water looking for immediate relief.  KK is very open to discussing with ANYONE who feels they could benefit from our site.  Maybe we could develop a section that directs fire and flood customers to web participants. 

We are always looking at ways to expand if you haven't noticed, the web is the futuristic way to go.  Don' get left behind. I have never looked at myself as a competitor to anyone as we have the reputation of attempting to help all we serve.  KK's website was never designed to be competitive, but a helping hand to all those who choose to participate.

As Doug would say shut up you are starting to sound religious. It's just my opinion.

Ted its not bickering its just a lousy way of doing business and when I see the stage set for We Dry to ramble about water damage and the school and how they should be using your rental equipment, it provokes me to let people know that they are being fooled.  I know whats going on!

Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 8:06pm
Ted its not bickering its just a lousy way of doing business and when I see the stage set for We Dry to ramble about water damage and the school and how they should be using your rental equipment, it provokes me to let people know that they are being fooled.  I know whats going on!

Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 8:43pm

Whos NIghtrider?

You sir are god damm lucky he is on a mission. He is the man from HELL.  IF YOU SEE THAT BIG OLD RAM COMEN DOWN THE TRACK YOU HAD BETTER HANG YOUR HEAD AND CRY.Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 8:46pm

Ted:  I have been waiting for years to see the add in the paper.  Water extraction and drying 2 rooms and a hall $39.95.  Hay Steamer can you hear me know???Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 9:02pm
Ted:  I don't mind competition.  I don't even mind renting from my compeditor as I rent to my compeditors.  The problem is there needs to be some sort of trust when you invite someone onto a job to help you out.  I think others on this forum speak louder and clearer than I do.  I also think people have better stories to tell than I do.  I think Ive made my point and as long as this discussion remains on this topic more and more people will make there opinions known about the dirty players in the industry.  Ive said enough for now.

Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 10:18pm
TED
Supplier helping his customers or contractor helping contractor is the
only way to run a profitable business.

Most people forget all the good things we do. However it only takes one
thing you say or do that causes them to tell everyone the one bad thing
which causes so many short stories that become novels by the time it
gets back to you!!

If you start out as a team you must end as a team if you ever want to have
a great relationship you must treat each other as family. Weather it is
greed or just thinking you could out smart the other always ends in this
disaster.

This is my opinion after reading these post.

-------------
Brian Strawn

Posted By: LilNiteRidrhood
Date Posted: 31/May/2004 at 11:12pm

AS usual Brian is a breath of fresh air.

THE EPITOME OF THE WAY A COMPETITOR SHOULD BE!!

Glad  you are around Brian  .

Lee

Date Posted: 01/June/2004 at 8:58am

Well Said Brian!

Competition is a good thing...

Date Posted: 01/June/2004 at 4:37pm

I can't wait to tell my competition story.

KK at one time was Dri-Eaz largest Ontario distributor. We always sold at what was fair pricing to stay in business. Along came other distributors who choose to sell Dri-Eaz equipment at 10 & 15% over cost. Next time you invoice your customer try a mark-up of 15% to see how long you can survive.

Now you know why KK no longer sells new Dri-Eaz equipment. Although we still rent and deal in used, repo and reconditioned flood equipment ( http://www.kleenkuip.com/used_equipment/used_equipment.htm - available to view on this site ).

Now is the time to purchase new flood equipment. It is a buyers market and my competition needs the business and you can see why.
 Crying but not sour.

-------------

Posted By: FooLingYu
Date Posted: 01/June/2004 at 6:39pm

doug or We Dry or anybody

I read with confusion all these letters and symbols. AMRT, ASD, CR, IICRC Supervisor, CAT etc, etc.

Could someone explain what they all mean? And I will promise to not put them behind my name.

Enquiring minds want to know.
Thanks in advance.

You sir are god damm lucky he is on a mission. He is the man from HELL.  IF YOU SEE THAT BIG OLD RAM COMEN DOWN THE TRACK YOU HAD BETTER HANG YOUR HEAD AND CRY.Guitar

I did not know how to answer who is nightrider. But you nailed it dead on with very few words.

Date Posted: 01/June/2004 at 7:47pm
Doug, I'll let you take this one if you want....

Date Posted: 01/June/2004 at 9:31pm

Sammy

I like your posts, they are short and sweet and to the point. And like me too tired to argue at night.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/June/2004 at 10:01pm
Its my opinion that you can not show a profit through a school. I am sure drieaz built their flood house with profits from equipment and not the school. Sounds expensive to go but you have no idea of the ongoing and hidden costs. Without profits from an off-shoot (sideline) that hopefully a school creates there would be no schools . This is not public money they are using.

-------------

Date Posted: 01/June/2004 at 10:03pm
If it keeps raining the way it is…this forum will become a ghost town.

-------------

Date Posted: 07/June/2004 at 4:48pm

Has everyone experienced the Prime Time TV ad that promotes and shows Serve Pro Techs restoring fire and floods.

Wow, do you have any idea what this TV ad must cost to advertise to 100% of the people when only maybe ¼ of 1% will even need this service (if that). If these guys are coming to Canada that should make restorers nervous.

If you have never looked at a large U.S. city yellow pages give one a browse sometime. Page after page of full-page ads for fire and floods. The biggest I have seen in the largest area of Canada is maybe a ¼ page ad. Once in awhile a full page for one year only, then out of circulation.

These U.S. guys market with a steam roller.

As I said before maybe it’s time for the smaller flood people to start an Ontario Association and band together to compete with the Giants.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/June/2004 at 10:32pm
Wow what happened to the flood restoration guys. They blew in like a tornado, left their damage and seems like they have dried up and gone.

-------------

Date Posted: 14/June/2004 at 6:49pm

These flood discussions are making my entrepreneurial mind work overtime.

Talking Out Loud
Since KK has an exceptional grip (that costs a tidy sum) on search engines. Why not create even more potential flood and fire customers to our website. Then direct them to you the contractor. This could be paid for two ways.

The contractor who chooses to purchase supplies from KK would get this service free. And those who choose to purchase elsewhere could pay a monthly fee. But, only allow those in who meet proper standards. Standards designed by the participating group. This would assure your potential customers to be treated fairly, receive quality and this would be an inexpensive way for you to generate NEW business.

I wish I woulda thought of that.

Einstein

Albert Einstein

KK is always looking at creative ways of helping our customers become successfull. We are open to discussing ways of helping anyone in this line of business.

If not interested in KK someone needs to take the initiative of creating a website to attract potential business to an association. This business is changing faster than many of us can keep up with.

-------------

Date Posted: 18/April/2005 at 2:30pm
http://www.kleenkuip.com/products/floodpro_demo.htm - Click here for a FloodPro Video Demo.

-------------

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 24/March/2009 at 11:26pm
LOL Confused Ouch Sleepy Shocked LOL Most of these guys that post dont hang around long like us.Big%20smile

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net