URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2120
Printed Date: 06/May/2024 at 10:43pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Advanced Generation DFC Liquid Prespray
Posted By: carpetologist
Subject: Advanced Generation DFC Liquid Prespray
Date Posted: 22/November/2005 at 3:21pm

Advanced Generation DFC

Looks like the chemstry elves have been working overtime at Chemspec.

You may have heard me quote this phrase many times. "Don't take DFC and other enviro products to a Chinese restaurant."

Guess what?

You can now take the New Liquid Prespray DFC to the restaurants of your choice.

A restaurant carpet being cleaned with the New Liqued Prespray DFC...

LOOK OUT GREASE!

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Replies:
Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 22/November/2005 at 3:39pm

looks like someone needs to clean their wand now and then

what no glide????

what a hack

is it as safe as the previous DFC??

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Date Posted: 22/November/2005 at 4:09pm

Steaminpile,

Yes it's as safe for your health and environment as the first generation DFC. And the good news is that it will be cheap, cheap, cheap or should I say inexpensive. In other words great savings on both health issues and the pocket book.

We all seem to be hooked on bad-a** chemistry. I guess because we know it works so well. But times will change our thinking or the government will do it for us.

-------------

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 22/November/2005 at 4:09pm

What are all the lines on the soiled part?  How  many times has it been gone over?  I can see the difference. But how many times was it cleaned?  If those results can be obtained I am game if it is in a liquid form. I am not a fan of powders?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 22/November/2005 at 4:25pm

We can always count on doug's keen eye. It seems he has magnifying glasses. I have to say doug I was a touch suspicious myself of those lines. The company who did the cleaning was our pal from Cambridge and maybe he will come on the board and give us the answer to your question.

Good environmental cleaning!

-------------

Posted By: Jim Darling
Date Posted: 22/November/2005 at 4:53pm

Ted

Just so everyome knows here is a link to our website that defines what Detrgent Free Cleaning really means

http://www.chemspec-canada.com/home.asp?PageID=572&smenuID=633 - http://www.chemspec-canada.com/home.asp?PageID=572&smenu ID=633

-------------
Jim Darling

Date Posted: 22/November/2005 at 4:55pm

Doug

I forgot to mention - it is in a liquid form. Dilutes 2 ounces per gallon or up to 4 ounces if it is really nasty.

We are also recommending that you do not go over 4 ounces. It will not work better. If you want to add more diluted prespray that would be OK but not a higher concentrate

-------------
Jim Darling

Date Posted: 22/November/2005 at 9:05pm
Jim can this be applied threw a hydro force sprayer?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 22/November/2005 at 9:24pm
Well, I'm already sold on the DFC 105, but now there's something new? When I'm ready for more product, I'll get some, as long as my suuplier updates to the new stuff. :)

For what it's worth, after working for Chem-Dry several years and then trying out the DFC (both bonnet and hwe), I can say that the DFC does at least as well. I'm also able to leave the carpet dryer than I could with ChemDry. I also notice NO RESIDUE. ChemDry can have a mild residue and a sort of salty smell, but DFC is super clean. I had a customer the other day who was really amazed at the results we got with a completely odorless process.

Posted By: spruce
Date Posted: 22/November/2005 at 10:13pm

I tried the New Liquid Pre-spray DFC over the last 5 days, works great!!

Doug I use the hydro force sprayer for it, DFC works better and faster when hot.

You do not work any harder with this great product.

Try it, it is well worth your time.

Date Posted: 22/November/2005 at 10:33pm

Can you tell which one is DFC, New Liquid Pre-spray DFC , Enz-All

Posted By: LilNiteRidrhood
Date Posted: 22/November/2005 at 10:57pm

The new DFC (I call it DFC911) works even better with DFC105 through the tank or metered.

Date Posted: 23/November/2005 at 3:28am
Can the new DFC be used just for bonneting, or is it purely for pre-spray in hwe applications? I checked the American Chemspec website and saw nothing on it.

BTW Jim, thanks so much for forwarding my email to the Chemspec VP here in the USA. He was great--I had a sample of DFC on my doorstep inside of a week. Still seems like a product too good to be true.

Date Posted: 23/November/2005 at 8:51am

Micahel

I have not tried the new DFC as a bonnet product. We are still in the testing stage, however, we plan to launch it soon. (When all our ducks are lined up properly.)

We have had, however, a number of people get back to us on bonneting / padding /  encapping with DFC 105 or DFC 210 and the reports have been great.

You won't see anything on any website yet (other than Ted's) until this product is officially released. Ted does have some samples if anyone wishes to try it outl

-------------
Jim Darling

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 23/November/2005 at 8:39pm

The pictures Ted posted are a restaurant we did a week ago. normal prespray and two passes with the wand, similar to what we would do with a enzyeme prespray. We are have been using it on trashed residential with great results as well.

Don Eldred

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Posted By: Jeff123
Date Posted: 24/November/2005 at 7:31pm

Can I buy a sample if there is any left?

Jeff

Date Posted: 25/November/2005 at 12:30am

1. ENZ-ALL         2. NEW DFC         &nb sp;    3. DFC

Date Posted: 29/November/2005 at 12:03pm

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 29/November/2005 at 12:10pm
I used the DFC this morning on a very heavily soiled berber. The room was off a home repair shop.  I used just a Pro Chem 4 jet wand and glide. The carpet was not in good enough condition to be anymore aggressive. The pic is not all that good.  I was kind of impressed with the results. I had to go over some areas more than I would like to but! This is a green cleaner.  I think you would need far too much cleaner to clean a greesy area.  I do think however that as it is it will clean most residential carpets with very exceptional results.

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 29/November/2005 at 1:14pm

Bottom line in this business is price, a little elbow grease never hurt anyone...........if the customer is happy, you saved money, you're not sneezing and weezing...............Jim Darling just saved another life, and put a smile on his bank managers face.............besides winning the lottery, can a man have a happier day than this.

Nightrider

Posted By: SpongeBob
Date Posted: 29/November/2005 at 8:50pm
must be an inside joke my degreaser does a good job like those pictures too how much is that dfc cleaner anyway and where do i get it to try some

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 29/November/2005 at 10:04pm

Try here

http://www.kleenkuip.com/products/chemspec_DFC.htm - www.kleenkuip.com/products/chemspec_DFC.htm

Date Posted: 20/February/2006 at 2:35pm

Spoke to another happy customer today who used the new DFC Advanced Generation heavy duty cleaner as a prespray in a restaurant situation.

He was extremely pleased and shaved 1/2 hr. off the job.

-------------

Date Posted: 20/February/2006 at 10:52pm
Any vendor I've spoken with down here hasn't even heard of the stuff.

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 20/February/2006 at 10:58pm
I know Wesclean has it and I was suprised how cheap it is

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Posted By: huckmuck
Date Posted: 17/March/2006 at 6:06pm
  That DFC heavy duty cleaner is awesome stuff. Everyone should be using it. I even use it to clean the grease off my frying pans and it work better then dishsoap. Everyone should try it.

-------------
Huckmuck

Posted By: diamondbrian
Date Posted: 18/March/2006 at 12:51pm
As an owner of a very successful carpet cleaning company, I'd like to share an excellent way to add $$$ to your bottom line.  Click on carpetmansupply.com and check their prices.  You'll find that their presprays run around $7.00 per gallon, and we've used them for several months with great results.  Hope this info helps someone out there.

Posted By: LilNiteRidrhood
Date Posted: 19/March/2006 at 11:56am

Yeah sure Diamond Brian I bet that stuff is really good for your health eh?

Posted By: dennis_is_ok
Date Posted: 19/March/2006 at 7:31pm

off that web site LOL

If you’re considering a career in carpet cleaning, we can help you start your own business in as little as two days!

Date Posted: 20/March/2006 at 7:57pm
Why would it take 2 days?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: Adwa
Date Posted: 21/March/2006 at 10:20pm
Two Thousand.............and Two Hours............Your in Business

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com - http://www.kleenkuip.com

Date Posted: 22/March/2006 at 1:01am
You can learn everything you need to know about carpet cleaning in 15 minutes. Just google it

Date Posted: 23/March/2006 at 8:20pm
15 minutes?? That is a whole house including furniture if your working with Mr. Steamer.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 23/March/2006 at 10:04pm
10,000 posts...Wow!  If only I had time to camp out on this site talking the talk rather than walking the walk.  Then my house wouldn't be so expansive, investment brokers wouldn't be calling me all the time, and my kids would quit thinking about private universities.  Yes, Doug, I'd trade it all to be King of the One Liners.

Date Posted: 23/March/2006 at 10:07pm
Mr. NOBRAIN F**K YOU TO

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 23/March/2006 at 10:37pm
I assume you two know each other ???

-------------
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

Date Posted: 24/March/2006 at 1:17am

Originally posted by diamondbrian diamondbrian wrote:

10,000 posts...Wow!  If only I had time to camp out on this site talking the talk rather than walking the walk.  Then my house wouldn't be so expansive, investment brokers wouldn't be calling me all the time, and my kids would quit thinking about private universities.  Yes, Doug, I'd trade it all to be King of the One Liners.

Maybe you would be a little more conceited, too. Oh, sorry, did I say that out loud

Date Posted: 24/March/2006 at 7:10am

Originally posted by Adwa Adwa wrote:

I assume you two know each other ???

Who is it?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 24/March/2006 at 10:43pm
Look in his profile Doug...........he has a web site..........not bad looking either.  Not that you would be interested........but hey a girl can look

-------------

Date Posted: 25/March/2006 at 2:46pm

diamondbrian,

Your opinion will always be respected on this board.

Now, as an owner of a very successful carpet cleaning specialty supply store. I’d like to share an excellent way to add $$$ to your bottom line.

Don’t jump at $7.00 per gallon chemical. I manufacture detergents and I can not build a product that I would deem quality and one I would state my reputation on for a seven dollar selling price.

Ask…

• How many sq. ft. of carpet can I clean with your product?
  • Does your product have inhibitors built-in to protect my expensive equipment against corrosion?
  • Does your product have optical brighteners or mild, safe oxidizing agents?
  • Does your product have built-in deodorizers, sanitizers, disinfectants?
  • What type of residue is left behind on the carpet when it has dried? Powder or oil?
  • Does your product leave a fresh lingering odour after the cleaning?
  • What happens if you get overspray on tile or wood baseboards?
  • Does your product offer the new Encapsulation Technology?

These are all enhancements to make the cleaners look good not to mention make the carpet look good as well. And you can buy this insurance for $7.00.

I guess I should shut up because the $7.00 per gallon guy in my city keeps my repair department buzzing with vac motor and pump burnouts.

diamondbrian thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

-------------

Date Posted: 27/March/2006 at 11:52am

Spoke with a customer last week or better I say a guy who only calls when he needs help and knowledge. He sprayed a carpet cleaning product with a 12 pH over a spot on a coloured silk sofa and can't figure out why it looks white-ish now.

When I asked him about the product he sprayed he became very defensive and protective of how this is the best Kick Ass product he has ever used. In other words he thinks if he sprayed it everywhere it would produce miracles.

I told him to contact the manufacturer of this product and ask questions.

The aswer came back that there are good high pH products and bad high pH products. But the one they sold him is a good high pH product.

He is now facing a $5,000.00 claim.

I wonder if he paid $7.00 per gallon for this good high pH product.

-------------

Date Posted: 27/March/2006 at 1:23pm

Chemspec Advanced Generation DFC

Detergent Free Heavy Duty Prespray and Multi-Purpose Cleaner HAS ARRIVED! & IN STOCK.

$15.95 per gallon

1 gallon of this product makes over 50 gallons of ready-to-use prespray.

End price 30cents per gallon.

-------------

Date Posted: 27/March/2006 at 4:24pm

Hardini:  I'm no expert, but I can't help noticing that the chemical compounds contained in "The new encapsulation technology" very much resemble those found in the old absorbent pad technology.  The cleaning results between the two technologies seem quite simiilar as well.  We do strictly steam-cleaning in our residential division, but I understand that some bonnet guys do quite well for themselves.

Now, for the sake of argument, if the $7.00/gallon guy's product is indistinguishable from the $19.95 guy's product, then he has hit on a product/marketing combination practically equivalent to the forementioned encapsulation/absorbent relationship.

By the way, I respect your opinion as well--Diamond Brian.

Date Posted: 27/March/2006 at 5:52pm

DB

Could you please explain to me what you mean by the new encap technology resembles the old absorbent pad technolgy. i am curious what you mean exactly

-------------
Jim Darling

Posted By: pilediver
Date Posted: 27/March/2006 at 10:40pm
15.95 per gallon?!; is that Canadian.  I just paid 21.64 a gallon at Westclean

-------------
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC

Date Posted: 28/March/2006 at 9:28am
Hi Jim, check the MSDS sheets.   Look at the chemistry.  Encapsulation is just a marketing driven "technology", with the differences between it and absorbent pad solutions being as subtle as those found in prescription allergy medications.

Date Posted: 28/March/2006 at 10:17am

DB - That is interesting. i probably do not disagree with you at all in terms of the marketing driven technology. I have never seen a good msds on these products as they tell you nothing about them. They do, however, use polymer or acrylic technology in most products.

We manufacture 2 different bonnet / pad solutions. One is totally non residual, the other contains what imost  consider to be a carpet protector and so the residual is extremely crisp and hard.

This makes them very different (at least in our case). The new DFC technology only incoprporates food approved ingredients and provide some very interesting results

-------------
Jim Darling

Posted By: Jeff123
Date Posted: 28/March/2006 at 10:41am

Anyone know what  kind of residue the new heavy duty DFC leaves?

I understand the residue will be safe but what about soil attracting?

I read about some using the DFC 105 and the 210 like an encapsulator, so I assume the residue on the 105 and 210 dry completely and do not attract soil, so what about the Heavy Duty DFC?

Also what's the pH?

Date Posted: 28/March/2006 at 10:53am

Originally posted by pilediver pilediver wrote:

15.95 per gallon?!; is that Canadian.  I just paid 21.64 a gallon at Westclean

Pilediver

We are Introducing DFC into the market with a great reduction price to get it off the ground and into the field.  When we sell this product we make it a point to phone the customer back for their comments and satisfaction.

Regular Pricing will be in effect starting May 1st. 

-------------

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 28/March/2006 at 1:18pm
RE-SOILING----- None with any of the DFC products, I can only speak from the commercial side as those are the jobs we get to see on a weekly/monthly basis, after a year of using these products our accounts are looking better than ever. So far on the residential side we have had no one complain about any resoiling, we should be back into some of these homes in the next month or so, and we will see first hand how the carpets have responded.

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Date Posted: 28/March/2006 at 1:23pm

jEFF

In almost every case what causes any product to have a questionable residue are the surfactants and detrgents that are incorporated into todays modern cleaners.

All DFC products have no surfactants at all AND THIS EXPLAINS WHY cLEANEX IS NOT HAVING ANY ISSUES WHATSOEVER WITH RESOILING

-------------
Jim Darling

Date Posted: 28/March/2006 at 1:32pm

Jim--I appreciate your opinion.  Your right to some degree about the msds sheets; even those completed properly do not tell the whole story.  I find the logic in my previous post to be flawed and stand corrected.  If you have an encapsulation cleaner that is getting you better results than an absorbent bonnet cleaner, then more power to you.  I personally avoid bonnet cleaning like the plague (as many carpet manufacturers recommend), instead preferring to apply and extract with a Certified Pile Lifter.  I haven't been able to notice an appreciable difference in the absorbent and encapsulation.  I guess that is where I am coming from.   

Date Posted: 28/March/2006 at 1:41pm

DB - we do not make an "encapsulation" product but you may find this tidbit interesting

Two years ago a major carpet mill purchased deodorizers from a US Distributor. They were trying to find a product that would eliminate mal-odor incontinent issues at health care facilities where this mill has sold carpet. Kill Odor Plus won out. Through this mill’s research they found Kill Odor Plus encapsulates without using polymers, and is an excellent pre-spray cleaner. Further testing at Professional Testing Labs certified Kill Odor Plus not only as a pre-spray but also as a spotter.

To receive the Seal of Approval for spotting and pre-spray from the Carpet and Rug Institute a product must successfully remove mustard, Ketchup, coffee, grape juice, black marker, chocolate syrup, dirty motor oil and soil. In addition the product can not contribute to re-soiling, change the color light fastness, have a pH no less than 4 nor be greater than pH 10 and can not contain optical brighteners. Kill Odor Plus has received the CRI Seal of Approval as a spotter / pre-spray product.

-------------
Jim Darling

Date Posted: 31/March/2006 at 9:12pm

diamondbrian,

I appreciate your reply and yes I do believe that the older technology is passing by once again discussed as Encap. But what I see with Encap on large jobs with the proper equipment makes my eyes bulge out.

Have you looked at the new Enviro and Safer Healthier Products. It's only a matter of time before you will be faced with using them as many of our toxic raw materials are becoming scarce. They are also great marketing tools and as you can see this DFC is very, very inexpensive to use.

-------------

Date Posted: 31/March/2006 at 9:27pm

Jim Darling says Chemspec does not make Encap products. Maybe he is too modest to say they have been Encaping carpets for years with their Formula 161 soil retardant carpet shampoo with biosolve.

They just never called it Encap.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net