URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3361
Printed Date: 23/April/2024 at 5:59am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Environment Friendly Carpet Cleaning Products
Posted By: carpetologist
Subject: Environment Friendly Carpet Cleaning Products
Date Posted: 11/January/2007 at 4:04pm

Enviro & Safe

Not so long ago most people had very little belief in these kinds of cleaning products and claimed they were overpriced. Suprisingly enough today they are less costlier than the older regular formulas. Due to the fact of newer technology that does not demand petroleum as part of the new formulas.

Mr. and Mrs. consumer and industry are now on-board more so than ever demanding safer Enviro.

The question is "Are You On Board?" If not, you may be left in the dust.'

Kleen Kuip is always striving to keep you our customer informed, up-to-date and loooking good.

Replies:
Posted By: ihtemom&popclnr
Date Posted: 03/March/2007 at 9:51am
i will not sacrifice quality at any cost

-------------
im better than mom and pop guys

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 03/March/2007 at 11:05am
You're quite the philosopher

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: MR.CLEEN
Date Posted: 03/March/2007 at 11:06am
within reason

-------------
it aint the steam that gets it clean

Posted By: LilNiteRidrhood
Date Posted: 03/March/2007 at 9:46pm
Have you tried the "safe cleaners"?
There is no sacrificing involved there.

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 13/April/2007 at 1:58am
Originally posted by LilNiteRidrhood LilNiteRidrhood wrote:

Have you tried the "safe cleaners"?
There is no sacrificing involved there.

True that. I just wish HD DFC were available in California. I'm running out of my four-gallon free sample. Bridgepoint is coming out with a line of GreenSeal products. Hopefully, they'll be as good.

Posted By: Thang
Date Posted: 13/April/2007 at 3:59am
How the hell did you get 4 gals. of free samples??!

-------------
Tap Out Or Pass Out!!!

Date Posted: 13/April/2007 at 9:48am
I got 2 gal free. You must not be dealing with the right supplier Thang

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 13/April/2007 at 11:54am
Originally posted by Thang Thang wrote:

How the hell did you get 4 gals. of free samples??!

I was the only one in San Diego who was aware of it, or at least cared. I only knew about it because of this forum, and I don't think anybody else in my area comes to this forum. My supplier wasn't even aware of it. I had to talk to the Chemspec Rep when he was visiting. He made a special trip from Vegas to drop some off with my supplier, but he never got around to sending the sample-size containers to divvy up the four-gallon pail--law requires that it be dispensed in legit labeled containers. Since I was the only one who ever asked about it anyway, they eventually just shrugged their shoulders and gave the whole pail. They still don't know when they'll get the product in, and they're fully pushing the Prochem line of green products right now.

Posted By: splash_$$$_dash
Date Posted: 13/April/2007 at 5:12pm
I got a free tote.

Posted By: bryan
Date Posted: 13/April/2007 at 5:32pm
I have tried both the DFC and reg products from what I have seen they don't work as well, or may be I just get the really dirty sh*t.  Did a side by side test with green vs reg there wasn't much comparison.  Has any one had good luck with green products on dirty carpet?

Date Posted: 13/April/2007 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by bryan bryan wrote:

I have tried both the DFC and reg products from what I have seen they don't work as well, or may be I just get the really dirty sh*t.  Did a side by side test with green vs reg there wasn't much comparison.  Has any one had good luck with green products on dirty carpet?

Nope, only clean the clean carpet. Ermm

A lot of people here have had good luck with DFC, especially Heavy Duty DFC. If I need a boost, I may add a little Citrus Solv.

Date Posted: 13/April/2007 at 10:00pm
HD DFC is the best of the DFC products on heavily soiled carpet

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: bryan
Date Posted: 15/April/2007 at 11:46pm
Ya mixed HD DFC with DFC 210 dont know if it is deigned to do that.  Used it as more of a booster. Then extracted with 105.

Date Posted: 09/May/2007 at 4:51pm
how do you mix dfc HD in the HF

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 09/May/2007 at 4:56pm
I think 48 oz in the hf and fill with water I have the 9:1 tip in?? Old style HF

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: huckmuck
Date Posted: 23/May/2007 at 7:51pm
DFC HD and DFC 105 are good but the dfc 23 and 5 suck

-------------
Huckmuck

Date Posted: 23/May/2007 at 8:52pm
What about 210?

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: huckmuck
Date Posted: 23/May/2007 at 9:03pm
I've never tried it.

-------------
Huckmuck

Date Posted: 23/May/2007 at 9:50pm
210 is 105

Date Posted: 24/May/2007 at 1:17am
210 is powder. It was supposed to be a stronger pre-spray than 105

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 24/May/2007 at 3:41pm
don't be a p.u.s.s.y.
just use BUTYL

Date Posted: 24/May/2007 at 4:24pm
I do, when necessary

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 24/May/2007 at 7:28pm
Splash

A pu**y who uses Butyl will soon be a dead cat and that goes for me also.  We at Kleen Kuip still manufacture products with Butyl as an ingredient.

There are some who we can not get off the stuff, I guess it's addictive but deadly.

-------------
Kleen Kuip Supply Mart Inc.

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: hcciam
Date Posted: 17/June/2007 at 2:56am
aren't you defeating the "green" by adding Citrus solv??

-------------
Ron Werner
Owner
Happy Carpet Cleaners
Victoria BC

Date Posted: 17/June/2007 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by hcciam hcciam wrote:

aren't you defeating the "green" by adding Citrus solv??

Yes, but I didn't get into the carpet cleaning business because I'm an idealist. If I need to step outside the "green" a little bit in order to break up more difficult soils, I will. For those customers who use us especially because we're green, I'll disclose anything I might consider using that isn't green. Most people don't mind the idea of having a little bit of a citrus-based solvent used here and there, and most like the smell of oranges that comes with it. The perception of the customer is the most important thing.

Date Posted: 18/June/2007 at 11:09am
"Perception" what a novel concept. 
What's this company promoting "safe, natural cleaning products" but their main ingredient is d'limonene!  Now, if memory serves it wasn't that long ago that everyone was posting about the carpets resoiling cause they couldn't get the residue from the d'lim out of the carpet (they were doing what Chem Who does, 150PSI, fast wanding, ie RX, not a lot of rinse and working tooooooooooooo fast)  Isn't that what this cirtus company is doing??
Also, when I took my WHIMIS I was told that d'lim is a bugger to get out of your body if it gets absorbed. 
BUt, because it comes from and orange and smells good, it is "perceived" as a safe natural product. 
The majority of cleaner's actual cleaning is "perceived" as good by the custy as well ie it looks clean.

Hey, I'm with you. I am there to clean the carpet.  I will use a product that is safe for me and for my client but it HAS to clean.  If not... bye  bye.

-------------
Ron Werner
Owner
Happy Carpet Cleaners
Victoria BC

Date Posted: 18/June/2007 at 12:55pm
link of the week LOL

- http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=94057

Date Posted: 18/June/2007 at 12:57pm
http://www.discovervancouver.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=94057

Date Posted: 18/June/2007 at 1:35pm
Fair enough, hccaim. If I can find a substitute that does the job, I'm all for it. I don't have any special love for Citrus Solv.

Date Posted: 18/June/2007 at 2:09pm
On another note, I've been trying out the new Bridgepoint line of green products. They work well, better than HD DFC it seems. The problem is they have no green certifications, the dilution rate isn't as good, and it foams up.

Date Posted: 18/June/2007 at 11:36pm
I actually like using the citrus myself.  I understand its challenges but I ensure that I give things a thorough rinse so none of it is left, or as little as possible. 

I'm waiting to try a new prespray from Les Judson, an O2 cleaner that apparently doesn't need boosting.  PD is going to be trying it as well.  Looks very promising.

That link to the dude talking about Citruso is really talking out of his butt!!
Hydrodri rotaries don't deep clean. Their "product" is cleaner, dryer, safer than "chemical" cleaning. I wonder what he calls d'lim?  Isn't it a "chemical"??? Even O2 is a chemical, well, technically an element.

-------------
Ron Werner
Owner
Happy Carpet Cleaners
Victoria BC

Date Posted: 19/June/2007 at 11:47am
Yeah, sometimes it's easier to say "no chemicals" to the customer, though. It's sort of a shorthand for the thing we don't want to take too long to say.

Posted By: ChemicallyFried
Date Posted: 24/September/2007 at 7:02pm
 I would like to mention that all the items you sell came from this earth as well as all of the other carpet cleaning companies cleaners combined.  I seriously doubt your products will help the evolutionary chain or hurt it.  Im sure our creator knew you were an idiot.  And Im sure when a nuclear test bomb goes off that carpet cleaning hazards are least on the list of worries.  And Im sure all the carpet cleaning chemicals combined wont equal one test detination of a nuclear bomb. 

-------------
I can remove more spots than you can.

Date Posted: 24/September/2007 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by ChemicallyFried ChemicallyFried wrote:

I would like to mention that all the items you sell came from this earth as well as all of the other carpet cleaning companies cleaners combined.  I seriously doubt your products will help the evolutionary chain or hurt it.  Im sure our creator knew you were an idiot.  And Im sure when a nuclear test bomb goes off that carpet cleaning hazards are least on the list of worries.  And Im sure all the carpet cleaning chemicals combined wont equal one test detination of a nuclear bomb. 

That's one of the stupidest posts I've ever seen on this forum, which is saying a lot. Clap You must be the star of your group meetings.

Posted By: ChemicallyFried
Date Posted: 26/September/2007 at 12:05am
Shut the hell up.  Your loser ass is just boring here.  Oh lets  dance and sing in a stupid fling.  Fricken loser........ Ok lets test blow a NUKE IN YOUR BACK YARD..........IT HAPPENED LAST WEEK...YOOU BREATHE IT EVERY DAY YOU STUPID f**k.  Want me to prove it for you.....Ready to deal with hell.......other than that life is ok...............hahahahahahaha

-------------
I can remove more spots than you can.

Date Posted: 26/September/2007 at 2:10am
Your name really suits you. Well the fried part anyway

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 26/September/2007 at 2:50am
Hard to believe a cop didn't want you in his neighborhood. LOL

Date Posted: 26/September/2007 at 10:31am
didn't you know that petroleum is an organic product!  It did come from animal and plant material after all.  Hungry

-------------
Ron Werner
Owner
Happy Carpet Cleaners
Victoria BC

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 06/November/2007 at 11:44pm
Weed is organic.  And its green.  Clean carpet stoned.

NOT

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 07/November/2007 at 2:14am
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

Weed is organic.  And its green.  Clean carpet stoned.NOT

I think there's enough guys doing that already

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: Ken Harris
Date Posted: 07/November/2007 at 3:28pm
Especilly up in Thunderbay.

-------------
Inventor of Teflon Carpet Wand Glides.Free Glides for all Cleaners in June!

Date Posted: 07/November/2007 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Ken Harris Ken Harris wrote:

Especilly up in Thunderbay.

Good $h!+?

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 07/November/2007 at 6:56pm
Oh yeah. All my competitors are high

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 07/December/2007 at 5:38pm
A good reason to go Enviro.

Your kids will appreciate it.

-------------

http://www.kleenkuip.com - New & Used Professional Carpet Cleaning Machines, Restoration Equipment, Training, Service and Supplies

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 07/December/2007 at 5:57pm
I           don't           inhale.....................

Nightrider

Date Posted: 07/December/2007 at 6:13pm
Not since they invented the funnel, NR?

-------------

Date Posted: 08/December/2007 at 7:58pm
Nah, he eats the brownies. Benefits of being a restaurateur where the line cooks are high.

Date Posted: 02/January/2008 at 10:38pm
My customers for the most part just was clean carpet.  That means looks clean.  They don't care how, any method, equipment or chemicals will do the trick.  Just give it to them at a price they like.  Right now, that's $89 for LR and DA or $189 for 3 bedroom house.  Telling them I use green chemicals might ease their conscience a little but it is no deal breaker.

So I am using a rotary shampoo process which cuts the time needed in half.  The only people that care are other carpet cleaners who think they have the only right technique but they aren't paying me and last I checked there is only one name on the business licenses.  So other than being an annoyance they are just sufferers of jaw flapping, a treatable disease.

Customers opinions count but only as they apply to the job I did (past tense) for them.  As long as they got a clean looking carpet out of the deal, I did right by them.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/January/2008 at 12:06pm
I've found that after I explain what "clean" really is, my clients appreciate the time and effort put into cleaning their carpet.  They aren't so much worried that the products I use are green, just as you said, they want to know they have a clean carpet.  Many have tried other methods and weren't happy. I've been finding that a price on the high side weeds out most of the jobs I don't want to clean anyway, and if its a nasty place and they have the money, I'll put in the work and blow their socks off. 

BUT the cleaning agents need to work. On a trashed place, green is the last thing I worry about.  Even in normal residential, if I can't trust the soln to do the job, I won't use it.  I'll find something that is close but does the job. Till the manufacturers come up with "true green" that actually works, I'll keep going as norm.  2008 is shaping up well, PTL

Ron  

-------------
Ron Werner
Owner
Happy Carpet Cleaners
Victoria BC

Date Posted: 03/January/2008 at 2:23pm
The last 2 guys who posted don't give a sh*t about their own health. For me, that aint too smart.

Use green for YOU not for your customer.

Date Posted: 03/January/2008 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by splash_$$$_dash splash_$$$_dash wrote:

The last 2 guys who posted don't give a sh*t about their own health. For me, that aint too smart.

Use green for YOU not for your customer.

Uh hum- I do use green for exactly that reason.  In fact, I use ProChem's Axiom line and it is great to work with.  Check it out.  Sometimes I use Ecogent just to be different. 

But because most people think green means settling for a weak alternative I find no reason to make the fact that I choose life over an unnecessary early demise a benefit to the customer.  I only use harsh chemicals where the filth demands an unorthodox approach.

You assumed and you know what that does.  I presume from your defensive posture that you have your favorite line of green.  Care to share that kind of information?

Oh in case you are wondering, there is a carpet AND upholstery shampoo in the Axiom line.  Just thought it would be nice to mention that fact.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/January/2008 at 5:27pm
I give a sh*t about my health and the environment. BUT I also give a sh*t about doing a good job.  Most of the "so called" green stuff doesn't clean worth sh*t, as yet.  Not to mention, who says the stuff is "green"?!  Green compared to what? Does it really biodegrade; whats really in it?
I use the safest product that I can find thats safe for me, safe for the client, safe for the environment, BUT it has to clean efficiently. 

-------------
Ron Werner
Owner
Happy Carpet Cleaners
Victoria BC

Date Posted: 03/January/2008 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by hcciam hcciam wrote:

I give a sh*t about my health and the environment. BUT I also give a sh*t about doing a good job.  Most of the "so called" green stuff doesn't clean worth sh*t, as yet.  Not to mention, who says the stuff is "green"?!  Green compared to what? Does it really biodegrade; whats really in it?
I use the safest product that I can find thats safe for me, safe for the client, safe for the environment, BUT it has to clean efficiently. 

Do your homework.  Get educated about what is green and what groups of trained experts determine them as green.  And then research and test the products out there.  In Prochem's ad for Axiom it says "We made it mean, then we made it green".  I know what they are saying because I met with them and got the whole story.  And I get better results from that line than I do any others. 

It is better to remain silent and be thought the fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

Get informed then you are qualified to discuss green.  Otherwise you can bet a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous to your business.

-------------

Date Posted: 03/January/2008 at 8:06pm
Yes, I can apreciate yourcomments based on info given here. However, to say I've not investigated is an ass/u/me tion on your part.  Last year at Connections Prochem had a seminar where they were praising and talking up the Axiom line, all the good points.  Later on the show floor I asked Joe (I think thats the Chemists name) what the "down" side was.  He simply replied "They don't work as good."  Now thats from the chemist! 

So its a lot of trials on customer's carpets to find something that "cleans".
Right now I'm using the O2 system and it works great. I was using Powder Power before that. Suspend free before that.  They each work but might not be classified as "green" as some of these others.

Whats that product, has a pic of a beluga whale? Thats probably even more "green" than Axiom.

-------------
Ron Werner
Owner
Happy Carpet Cleaners
Victoria BC

Date Posted: 03/January/2008 at 9:11pm
I have contacted Prochem for their side of the story because Axiom is so highly recommended by the area IICRC instructor.  But, he is an instructor and Joe (or whatever) told you he was the chemist which makes him the authoritative figure.  I appreciate the information, Ron.

Date Posted: 07/February/2008 at 2:15pm
Personally, I went green in order to have a niche. At the time, I also wanted a prespray that would double as a bonnet/encap and hwe solution, most of which were green. Most of my client base uses us because they like our work. The green issue is a bonus, not a deal breaker. That said, I do have a contingent within my customer base that found us because they were searching for a green carpet cleaning service. Keep in mind that the marketability of "green" varies by region. I'm in Southern California, and green products and services are quickly gaining popularity here, especially among high income homeowners in downtown high-rises and beach communities.  If I lived in Jerkwater, Arkansas, I'd market differently.

Posted By: patriciakinney
Date Posted: 07/July/2008 at 8:18am
Re: "i will not sacrifice quality at any cost"

I agree, more than that, I think that there are enough things in this world to make our life shorter, so environment friendly carpet cleaners are the ones to use each and every treatment. They are no so expensive anymore either. If you compare between the quality of green cleaning products and the quality of the regular cleaners, the gap in price is meaningless compare to the results you will be getting. I have the entire http://www.carpet-cleaners.us/ - carpet cleaners resource dedicated to this and many other related topics.

-------------
Pat

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 08/October/2008 at 11:19pm
Hits%20the%20fan

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 19/December/2008 at 6:13am
patriciakinney  What brand do you use??

Posted By: Fabio
Date Posted: 21/December/2008 at 9:04pm
The best and safest product is by Ultrachemlabs. They have a whole line of Carpet cleaning Products. I mean the best, no ifs or butts.

Date Posted: 22/December/2008 at 3:27am
Generally a company that doesn't have the prices shown and is selling direct is not going to do well against the competition.  That as I see it is a big problem for Ultrachemlabs - that and the fact that they have spelling errors on an otherwise nicely designed site.

-------------

Posted By: Ken_Is_OK
Date Posted: 22/December/2008 at 7:02am
Originally posted by Fabio Fabio wrote:

The best and safest product is by Ultrachemlabs. They have a whole line of Carpet cleaning Products. I mean the best, no ifs or butts.

would you mix it at 1oz per gallon and drink it?
if you answer NO then it aint very safe?

Date Posted: 22/December/2008 at 2:34pm
thats something that always bugs me.  Just how effective can a cleaner be if it's safe enough to drink ?? I know there is LOC from Amway and Shaklee has a safe cleaner, but they really don't work well on carpet.

SO where is the sacrifice, a little less green to get the job done, or more green with not as good a clean?

-------------
Ron Werner
Owner
Happy Carpet Cleaners
Victoria BC

Date Posted: 22/December/2008 at 10:43pm
As a professional, Ultrachemlabs is the best product on the market. I have tried everything and this product is by far more advanced.

Date Posted: 22/December/2008 at 10:58pm
They don't have to compete because nobody can really and truthfully compete with them. They invented a new cleaning technology, and you can not by direct from them unless you are a distributer.

Posted By: Ken_Is_OK
Date Posted: 22/December/2008 at 11:01pm
best product or best green product?
I'm glad it is the best for your set up.
for me it did not work the way I work so I wont buy it again.
I work with 5 or 6 other cleaners and only 1 of them likes the Ultra.
Fabio, what kind of heat, vacuum and water pressure do you work with?

Date Posted: 23/December/2008 at 7:03pm
I work with a truckmount.

Date Posted: 24/December/2008 at 2:33pm
Oh, so Ultrachem is another MLM business like Shaklee, Amway and a few thousand too many to mention?  Got it.   I'll stick with the proven chemical companies using dependable distribution chains, thanks.  Since no one speaks of Ultrachem here and none of the major distributors carry the stuff, I guess it doesn't have a big following.  Maybe you can turn that around.

-------------

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 25/March/2009 at 7:25pm
I've used Ultrachem for about 6 years,,,,,,,,,,it is THE BEST  chems I've ever used.

and when you use their system you can boost it for nasties without going butyl

when you use the prespray as a spotter you can take out gum,rust and MANY other stains

works great on upholstery and can also be used for bonneting

and I'm using a porty so the machine probably has nothing to do with it

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Posted By: Steaminpile
Date Posted: 25/March/2009 at 7:27pm
"for me it did not work the way I work so I wont buy it again."

what does that mean???

personally I dont think you'll find a better product,,,green or not green

-------------
A.K.A.
Andy

Date Posted: 26/March/2009 at 11:26am
The best  GREEN product I have ever used for tough stains was a GREEN coloured BUTYL SOLUTION

Nightrider

Date Posted: 30/March/2009 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

The best  GREEN product I have ever used for tough stains was a GREEN coloured BUTYL SOLUTION

Nightrider

Butyl is Brutal

Keep an eye on your body parts that they don't fall off or turn green on you.

Happy coughing

What did one coffin say to the other coffin?

IS THAT YOU COFFIN? LOL

-------------

Posted By: papagator
Date Posted: 01/April/2009 at 3:39pm
Hey all.. I recently purchased a case of Benefect's Impact Carpet Cleaner from Ted and the gang. I work in a 125 bed long term care facility here in Central Ontario. We have approx. 100,000 sq.ft. of Powerbond carpet. We thought we would try a "green" product as we are concerned for our residents' IAQ. Impact is awesome!!! We have several staff members and residents who are extremely chem-sensitive. ZERO complaints about the product and it was used as a spray-on Pre-treat, HWE, and also as our full time interim maintenance program. This stuff pulled out deep down"crap" (literally given our facility lol) that I didn't even know was there!! If you are looking for a really great green product, try the Impact. You will NOT be dissappointed.

-------------
just swimmin in circles

Posted By: dtsericr
Date Posted: 14/May/2009 at 9:13pm
I did hear they do leave fumes and pollute the indoor quality, is it true? this is what my carpet cleaning tulsa provider was telling me

Posted By: Barkri12
Date Posted: 18/May/2009 at 3:19am
I'm not going to say anything that hasn't already been said about environmentally friendly cleaning products Sleepy. What I do want to say is how effective they work. We all know that they will help us stay away from harmful chemicals which are in the majority of commercial cleaning products. I was very surprised on how effective natural cleaning products are. I'm the type I have to see something to believe it. If I read a thousand people saying something works I typically won't believe them until I try it out myself.LOL

Date Posted: 09/July/2009 at 5:59pm
I used to use Ultrachem when it first came out.  Used Clean and Neutralizer, best one I liked was the Protector.  The ONLY reason I was using it was to qualify for BCBC Buildings cleaning contract.  Apparently the owner was dating BCBC's owner's daughter Shocked and the ONLY product they would allow used was Ultrachem.

After using it for a while, burning my skin with the Neutralizer or Clean, one of them darned near took my skin off, and getting "OK" results, I moved on to better products.

I was using ZEP Prep, excellent cleaner but has butyl.
Switched to Powdered Power, and oxygenated citrus cleaner, safe and also SOA approved. Green too I believe.
Now I'm using O2, sodium borate and almost food grade delimonene.  Works excellent.

Just looked up UC Labs.  Here's the carpet cleaning procedures:
Procedures for Extraction with truck Mount Extraction Equipment
1. Thoroughly vacuum the carpets to remove lose soil particles.

2. Wherever other chemicals have been used you must thoroughly flush the full system equipment before using Ultra products.

3. Mix Clean at 64 ml per liter (8 oz per gallon) of water in a pump up sprayer. Add Neutralizer to the solution at 8 ml per liter (1 oz per gallon). 16 ml per liter (2 oz per gallon) for carpet that is heavily soiled.

4. Pre-spray the area to be extracted. Limit the pre-sprayed area to the area that can be extracted in about 15 minutes time.

5. Add Liquid Extract to the extractor solution tank at 8 ml per liter (1 oz per gallon) of water. Add the solution to the required amount of warm water in the chemical feeder tank. If the carpet is extremely soiled, add Neutralizer at 8 ml per liter (1 oz per gallon). (If powder Extract is used, pre-mix in warm water 16 ml per liter (2 oz per gallon) (4 liters) of water metered at the wand.)

6. Begin extraction of the pre-sprayed area after 5 minutes dwell time. The total pre-sprayed area should be extracted before 15 minutes have elapsed.

Note: Extract should be used with warm water to enhance the optimum use of the fabric softeners within the formula. Warm water enhances the cleaning ability of the chemical and will also promote faster drying time of the carpet.
Quantity of Chemicals may be reduced after 3 cleanings with Ultra Chem Products. See directions for details.

8 ozs/gal???  
WOrk with an area I can clean in 15 min?  By the time I prespray an area, groom it, and start rinsing, 15 min goes by pretty quick.
Depends on their cost.  I'd have to change the way I clean to accomodate not letting this stuff dry!

-------------
Ron Werner
Owner
Happy Carpet Cleaners
Victoria BC

Date Posted: 13/July/2009 at 4:59pm
Bridgepoint finally came out with a green encap. Better dilution, better cleaning. For prespray, I've tried a lot of the green stuff out there and compared them with some of the mainstream presprays, such as Pro's Choice Extreme Clean. I always end up going back to HD DFC. Colorless, odorless, and cleans like a champ. Low VOC's on Axiom? Try no VOC's. I think they clean the same.

Posted By: lilypotter
Date Posted: 14/July/2009 at 11:08am
Have you ever given a try for organic products? Natural, good quality, safe for you and the planet.

Posted By: Steam Man
Date Posted: 01/August/2009 at 12:33pm
The DFC range pretty good

Don't know whether you would consider Pureclean a green CC product, but top notch on upholstery and med soil carpets (with agitation)

and Nemesis. This is a colloidial product good on natural fibres I have had mixed succes with it.

-------------
http://www.carpetcleaningwestonsupermare.co.uk - Carpet Cleaning Weston super Mare
http://www.carpetcleaning-somerset.co.uk - Carpet Cleaning Somerset

Posted By: jeromett
Date Posted: 07/September/2009 at 12:03pm
A lot of chemicals Ive used in the past have left awful fumes afterwards. Would I be able to escape this by using organic products? Im not sure whether its worth the extra cost.

Date Posted: 07/September/2009 at 2:49pm
What have you been using .....Javel & Toilet Bowl Cleaner

Nightrider

Posted By: Steam Man
Date Posted: 13/September/2009 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

What have you been using .....Javel & Toilet Bowl Cleaner

Nightrider

LOL

A few of my clients don't like smelly stuff, most do and seems to help with the psychology of 'clean'. I always found Prochem's Prespray Gold would get on my chest which is a bit suprising as it's OK for sheep fur.

-------------
http://www.carpetcleaningwestonsupermare.co.uk - Carpet Cleaning Weston super Mare
http://www.carpetcleaning-somerset.co.uk - Carpet Cleaning Somerset

Posted By: zimmermancarpets
Date Posted: 26/January/2010 at 8:30pm
Just wanted to jump in here and recommend trying out Code Green.  It used to be called "Just Magic".  It's got stabilized hydrogen peroxide and d-limonene in well-measured amounts so you can actually leave it on without rinsing.  Good stuff, and totally environmentally friendly.

-------------
Carpet and Oriental Rug Cleaning in Greensboro, NC

http://www.zimmermancarpetcleaners.com

Posted By: prouddadx3
Date Posted: 27/January/2010 at 11:12am
Does anybody know how I could get a sample of this in Colorado?

-------------

http://maps.google.com/coupons/page?oi=lbc&did=0_14019921871367697693&cid=RF0IMWO26GG3CFHL&hl=en-US&gl=US - Boulder carpet cleaning Coupons

Date Posted: 27/January/2010 at 11:16am
It's made by Clean Craft.  Here's the product page on their website:
http://www.cleancraft.com/Code_Green_All_in_One_Carpet_Cleaning_Agent_p/codegreen1gal.htm

You can also ask for it at a local supplier.  If you've got an Interlink Supply or Masterblend dealer near you, you could ask them.

-------------

Posted By: LilNiteRidrhood
Date Posted: 27/January/2010 at 7:50pm
Since when is d'limonene "green"???

Date Posted: 27/January/2010 at 8:46pm
Ha! I see your point. However, in small quantities, it's really not harmful for the environment.

-------------

Date Posted: 28/January/2010 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by LilNiteRidrhood LilNiteRidrhood wrote:

Since when is d'limonene "green"???
Lee it comes in all colours now not just white???

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 28/January/2010 at 9:40pm
I thought it was clearShocked

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: funkycoldmedina
Date Posted: 07/March/2010 at 3:40pm
Heys Folks

Trying too find out is there a place i can by Carbonated Cleaning chemicals??? Or is that a Chem-Dry thing:) Derek

Date Posted: 07/March/2010 at 8:41pm
Dump some bi-sodium carbonate (baking soda) into your tank and you have it...OR...buy http://www.kleenkuip.com/products/chemspec_DFC.htm - Chemspec DFC products .

-------------

Posted By: funkycoldmedina
Date Posted: 07/March/2010 at 10:36pm
LOL :)

Posted By: JCarpet33
Date Posted: 02/April/2010 at 9:47pm
Has anyone tried Procyon's green products?

Posted By: bigrich
Date Posted: 23/April/2010 at 7:41pm
I like Masterblend products myself.

-------------
www.AbcoClean.com

Posted By: sgordon
Date Posted: 26/May/2010 at 10:25am
Back in the mid 80's I used orange products to clean with. The carpet came out beautiful. 
I claimed that we always used the least toxic products possible that would still get the job done. People responded well. 

-------------
Carpet Repair From Coast to Coast.
If you need a carpet repair expert or you are a carpet repair expert, call me!

http://www.creativecarpetrepair.com - http://www.creativecarpetrepair.com

Posted By: sgordon
Date Posted: 26/May/2010 at 10:33am
There's really no reason to use highly toxic chemicals any more. 

-------------
Carpet Repair From Coast to Coast.
If you need a carpet repair expert or you are a carpet repair expert, call me!

http://www.creativecarpetrepair.com - http://www.creativecarpetrepair.com

Posted By: Will Reed
Date Posted: 30/May/2010 at 8:43pm
Has anyone tried Nilodor brand green chemicals?  The price is pretty good but as we know its not how much the product is but how well it cleans, price is secondary.

http://www.unoclean.com/Nilodor-CERTIFIED-Structured-By-Nature-Encapsulating-Extraction-Cleaner-1-Gallon.aspx

-------------
Will

Date Posted: 31/May/2010 at 6:59pm
I like the price and certification. May as well try a gallon and see how it measures up.

Date Posted: 01/June/2010 at 8:25am
Kleenquip's HIDE is right up there with the best of them when talking GREEN

-------------
Just My opinion

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net