Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3609
Printed Date: 08/May/2024 at 8:50pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: It takes more than 500
Posted By: steamerguy
Subject: It takes more than 500
Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 1:12pm
"It takes more than 500 residential customers per year to have a profitable one van business"

I just read the above statement in a magazine. Is it true or false? (your opinion)

Replies:
Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 1:19pm
Very true.....hell yes way more....10 thousand customers is what you need...LOL ...no seriously...I have over 2000 customers in my bank now....and it's DEAD!

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 1:22pm
False? This magical number may be the norm in a highly populated area or a company life sears stanley steamer etc who survive on high volume. I personally don't think anyone can put a number of how many jobs a year you need to be profitable there are way too many variables?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 1:47pm
The guys on the red board can profit from 1 job per week

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 1:51pm
Some of you should be writng for trade magazines.

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 2:03pm
See the problem is with one truck you might clean 1000 to 1500 houses a year...not all your customers call every single year...some call every 1 1/2 years some every 2 years...some might wait as long as 3 years...

some move...some get new carpets...some rip some of the carpets out.

for one truck 500 customers is really nothing no matter what you charge

1 truck is suppose to make you at least 150,000 a year..that would be everycustomer you have at an average of $300 per call....NO WAY IN HELL would that ever happen.

All these high priced cleaners do well when they clean, but they suffer when there are no calls...

customers that are willing to pay 50 to 100 per area are few and far between.

The more reasonable your pricing is the better client base you will build.   Customers that might not like to pay alot but that will clean 2 or 3 times a year.

Thats how they work it in big companies...I've been working with them since 1991.

Volume cleaning will make more money that niche cleaning anyday.

you're looking for a mix of customers from every walk of life...

the more customers you have the deeper your pockets will go during the slow season

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by steamerguy steamerguy wrote:

Some of you should be writng for trade magazines.

Is there written articles in those magazines? I thought it was all advertising.

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 2:20pm
Steamer ONE TRUCK 1000 to 1500 houses a year?? One truck is supose to make $150,000. per year?? I guess you really do charge $2.99 per room??

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 2:57pm
doug who can take your seriously....your just a focker with foolishness coming out of every pore..

you just like insulting me.....you are a sorry little gay man with a whole lot of certs.

theses are facts that I have lived for years and yes my one truck grosses 150 thou every year and I have always cleaned 1500 houses a year for sears.

the most I can say is screw you! you're being and ass hole

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 3:19pm
OWNED BY STEAMER

sweeeet!

Posted By: Ken Harris
Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 3:21pm
Why don't you tell us how you really feel, Steamer? lol

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 3:22pm
Well Blow Bag you do the math 1500 homes for SEARS and you grossed $150,00.00 a year? That's really something to brag about? I stand corrected $1.00 per room?? You must be the pride of the GTA clean for nothing club?? Everybody should race to become a sub that apparently to you is where the money is?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 4:06pm
150 thousand is nothing to sneeze at....you can pretend to make more...but we are talking carpet here not selling ass. Doug you should take a break from posting until your willing to take the issues seriouly.

you can charge what you want up in the bush where you live... they don't have much choice....it's either use you at .40 per sq ft or take a risk of never having it clean.

you have a good thing going...thats why you notice outsiders always trying to break into your market for WAY cheaper than what you are providing your service for.

people love money...and even your best customers will try someone cheaper if someone cheaper comes along.

The day you have some competition that will come and live right in goderich and workout of the same area you do and can provide the same if not better service than you do for cheaper IT WILL KNOCK YOU OFF YOUR PHUCKIN HIGH HORSE.

and them is the facts.

twist it anyway you want to now doug I have spoken my peace

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 4:31pm
Poor steamer the only cleaner in the free world with competition?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 4:37pm
Goderich is that where your brother is your uncle and your sister if your wife and your niece is your mistress?

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 4:40pm

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 5:05pm
He is like Bell up there....or Rogers or Hydro one...there is no one else....he has got it GOOD!

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 5:12pm
Steamer there are many companies here?

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by steamerguy steamerguy wrote:

Goderich is that where your brother is your uncle and your sister if your wife and your niece is your mistress?

You sem to know alot about this little town.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 5:32pm
There are no other companines based in your area

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 7:01pm
Smile

Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

There are no other companines based in your area

Steamer that is the London yellow pages thar is for the southern end of the county 1 mile north of goderich is the other yellow page book?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: pilediver
Date Posted: 27/March/2007 at 10:36pm
steamerguy with 500 customers you would normally have a very good business. The strategy we all face in building critical mass is how do we get as many referals as we can off the small starting group of customers. Thank you cards and follow up phone calls is an easiest way in my opinion. Ever thought of buying out a retired ccer. They usually don't cost a lot and terms can often be arranged.

-------------
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC

Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 5:53pm
I checked Yellowpages....411 and Telus ....Gavins is the only carpet cleaning business located IN Goderich.

I repeat you got it good...

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by pilediver pilediver wrote:

steamerguy with 500 customers you would normally have a very good business. The strategy we all face in building critical mass is how do we get as many referals as we can off the small starting group of customers. Thank you cards and follow up phone calls is an easiest way in my opinion. Ever thought of buying out a retired ccer. They usually don't cost a lot and terms can often be arranged.

500 customers a very good business????I disagree. with only 500 customers under your belt you better go live with mother or the in laws.

Some of us here just get buy...and are happy with that, maybe thats what you are looking for. but if you want to be able to make money you are going to need much more than that.

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: Ken Harris
Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 7:43pm
Especially if you want to live in a million dollar house.

I agree with steamer that it takes alot more than you think if you want to more than just survive.

Posted By: BonnetMan
Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 7:51pm
I guess that all depends on your living expenses. I am single with no kids and I have about 200 customers (counting revolving commercial) and I'm grossing about 1k a week working about 15 hours. With 500 customers I could make 100k a year.

Posted By: pilediver
Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 8:41pm
With 500 good customers you can do well. If you got 500 customers at 25cents sq ft you got a job and nothing more. Life begins at 500 and gets better.

-------------
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC

Date Posted: 28/March/2007 at 9:43pm
well first we should verify what kind of customers the 500 are????

500 commercial customers... Yeah you will more than survive and make money

500 residential customers... head for the food bank

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 29/March/2007 at 12:40am
You got that right

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: Billy Barty
Date Posted: 17/November/2023 at 1:02am
The profitability of a one-van carpet cleaning business depends on various factors. Operating costs, pricing strategy, and the local market to name a few. While the number 500 seems like a ballpark estimate, the actual figure can vary widely.

-------------
When I clean it, I mean it! :)

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net