Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4124
Printed Date: 17/May/2024 at 3:53am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Berber Carpet.
Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Subject: Berber Carpet.
Date Posted: 22/August/2007 at 4:43pm

What do you say to the customer when they keep insisting that you go over and over and over a dark area of berber in a high traffice area?

I told the lady to loose my number....

She refused to believe that over wetting would become a problem.

She was willing to pay extra for me to redo the room 3 -4 times.

I brought in the cimex and still it wasn't clean to her standards.

I tried to explain that the fibers in the high traffic area where laying down, and that gave them a different appearance.. she wasn't having that.

I feel bad taking extra money and not getting the results...but I told her..

what would you do? what would you say??? could I of handled that any different???

I've been here done this ..so many times...I just wonder what you guys do?

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Replies:
Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 22/August/2007 at 4:54pm
you are a cleaner not a magician. Do you have spot light. You need to show here it is not the cleaning. You need to explain that the fiber is no longer accepting light like the areas not so affected by traffic. If that is the case. Is this a pivot area an area infront of a piece of furniture where is it?

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: LilNiteRidrhood
Date Posted: 22/August/2007 at 6:14pm
OP machine post pad offers miracles sometimes.

Date Posted: 22/August/2007 at 8:49pm
Doug I explained just that...some customers heads are thick...I went over at the end with the cimex to even it out... results were marginal ... Looked great to me, but how do you convince someone who has never had carpet cleaning in her life...???

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 22/August/2007 at 10:56pm
Usually once you show them that a second cleaning provides negligible results, they accept your explanation that it is wear, not soil

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 22/August/2007 at 11:19pm
I chalk it up to being a difficult customer...I did all what was said.

hope she never calls back...but you know she will....lol

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Posted By: splash_$$$_dash
Date Posted: 22/August/2007 at 11:22pm
tell her to call Jacques Prince

Date Posted: 22/August/2007 at 11:23pm
that horn dog might cop a feel

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 22/August/2007 at 11:56pm
That should make her forget about the traffic lanes

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 23/August/2007 at 7:46am
Come back dressed in you Villiage People suit and dance for here. That will take here mind off the carpet.

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 23/August/2007 at 10:03am
Great idea. She will forget all about it

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 02/September/2007 at 1:33pm
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but did you and the customer talk about that area during the pre-cleaning walk-thru? If it was totally clean, you could probably rub the area with a white towel, and the towel would come up almost totally clean. It's hard to argue with white glove treatment. If she still doesn't get it, then an old standby that will lose you a customer but give you some satisfaction: "Ma'am, I can't compete with your imagination."

Date Posted: 03/September/2007 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Michael Michael wrote:

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but did you and the customer talk about that area during the pre-cleaning walk-thru? If it was totally clean, you could probably rub the area with a white towel, and the towel would come up almost totally clean. It's hard to argue with white glove treatment. If she still doesn't get it, then an old standby that will lose you a customer but give you some satisfaction: "Ma'am, I can't compete with your imagination."
did that..... but still looked dark...

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 03/September/2007 at 1:52pm
call Lee for that independent opinion

-------------
Just My opinion

Posted By: LilNiteRidrhood
Date Posted: 03/September/2007 at 4:48pm
Call Doug he has a cooler head?

Date Posted: 04/September/2007 at 1:05am
Is that because he has less hair?

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 07/November/2007 at 1:17am
you are a cleaner not a magician

Doug, we are show men.  Go to Vegas and see how much people will lay out for a good show.

And when we are done the people feel like they got their moneys worth if we remember we are there to do a good job, make it look impossible and produce miracles as anyone who can get a red spot out of carpet knows.  Its 80% SHOW.

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Posted By: danmarck82
Date Posted: 07/November/2007 at 11:14pm
Three months ago I went to a Craig Jaspers seminar. they handed out a small 5 inch long piece of clear plastic tube about 3/4 inch around.

He demonstrated how fibers in certain areas no longer reflect light the way undamaged carpet does. ONE HALF of the tube is original and shines and the other half has been worked over with a wrasp or something and is dull . It is a GREAT tool to use to explain Pivotal wear and also just plain wear areas in front of couches chairs etc.

I used to just explain the scratched fiber issue but this PROP is absolutely
a godsend . It works great at getting the customer ready for the inevitable
wear areas. So afterwards you don't have to make excuses or clean it 5 times. get some at your hardware store ....

Steamer, you may want to mix up a little OXiginated bosster for those traffic areas just to make sure it is not dirt but wear. IMO

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 07/November/2007 at 11:51pm
Rough up one half with steel wool.  Yes, it belongs in your bag of tricks along with a teflon testing kit.

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Posted By: TipTopCleaning
Date Posted: 06/October/2023 at 1:16pm
I once had a client ask me to clean a stubbornly dirty area of carpet over again until it became clean. At first, I agreed with him as the carpet still looked soiled after the initial cleaning.

Unfortunately the area of carpet still wasn't coming clean. Upon closer inspection the carpet fibers were all completely worn down to the carpet backing. The area of carpet  was the highly trafficked kitchen entrance to the dining room.

It was hard to notice at first glance because the lighting in the restaurant was so dim. The client was an older gentleman and he didn't believe what I was telling him.

Two months later they installed new carpet.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net