Print Page | Close Window

Porty Loading/Unloading

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to portable carpet cleaning machines
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4920
Printed Date: 02/May/2024 at 8:22pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Porty Loading/Unloading
Posted By: DoubleAA
Subject: Porty Loading/Unloading
Date Posted: 21/March/2008 at 12:15am
I drove down to a carpet cleaning supplier today (S-B) to purchase a Mytee 1005dx (450psi).  The unit looked great and all, but I was really disappointed to see how heavy it ended up feeling (much heavier than I anticipated going by the specs).  There's no way I'm going to be able to get this thing in and out of my Ford Expl. without eventually killing my back (not to mention looking like a jackass). 

Now I'm having to consider getting the lighter 250psi unit just to make it easier to load/unload.

How do you guys get your portys in/out of your vehicles? 

Are there any units you can suggest that are of good quality but maybe a bit lighter/less cumbersome?

Thanks,
Aaron

Replies:
Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 21/March/2008 at 12:19am
You can buy an aluminum ramp to load itBig%20smile

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: FriendlyHammer
Date Posted: 21/March/2008 at 2:13am
Yep, get a ramp. Besides, the pump isn't going to make much of a difference in weight.

Posted By: Ken_Is_OK
Date Posted: 21/March/2008 at 8:33pm
get a Ninja it is totally way easy to lift.

Date Posted: 22/March/2008 at 12:56am
What makes it easy to lift? The handles?  I'm asking because they all have the same parts.

Posted By: medicman
Date Posted: 22/March/2008 at 12:22pm
Got steroids???Big%20smile

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 22/March/2008 at 1:55pm
The Recoil systems are lighter and more powerful.. check'em out..
http://www.cross-american.com - http://www.cross-american.com

Posted By: bryan
Date Posted: 22/March/2008 at 8:01pm
I also have one of the Mytee units 1001dx-200.  I am a little luckier I only have to get mine in a van.  I tilt the machine back and get the front 2 wheels on the side step then lift the rest of the way in.  It is one heavy s.o.b., but had good over all performance for the price.  I was thinking about getting ramps but don't use it enough to invest in them.  If you do end up getting ramps let me know what you pay for them,  if they aren't to much maybe I'll pick some up.   How do you like the unit Double AA other then the weight.

Posted By: Ken_Is_OK
Date Posted: 22/March/2008 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by FriendlyHammer FriendlyHammer wrote:

What makes it easy to lift? The handles?  I'm asking because they all have the same parts.

Size
Shape
Handles

Toss the Mytee on the van for six months then grab onto a Ninja, it is 10x easier to throw around. Ask anybody who owns both.

Posted By: Soil Lint Green
Date Posted: 23/March/2008 at 11:52am
What headroom do you have in an Explorer?  If you have to lay the extractor down to transport it in your vehicle I can imagine that even with a ramp like the rest of us have (mostly anyways) life will be a bitch.  That would not be easy. 

As the line goes "If the glove don't fit you must acquit". 

-------------
It's ORY GUN, not OR A GONE. Learn to talk.

Posted By: DoubleAA
Date Posted: 24/March/2008 at 10:35am
Still have not bought the unit yet...I will look into the Ninjas per some of your suggestions along with a ramp.  Clearance in the back of my Expl. is approx. 39"...so unfortunately it will have to be layed down during transportation. 

It would be great if they made a porty that conviently detached into two separate pieces for ease of transporting.

Aaron

Posted By: Soil Lint Green
Date Posted: 24/March/2008 at 9:55pm
I have seen some online that are more box shaped with low profiles.  I do not have any suggestions on whether they are good enough.

Ed Valentine might know and can tell you which of his might work.  I am thinking the max height should be closer to 30" to avoid damage to you knuckles and maybe the headliner.

-------------
It's ORY GUN, not OR A GONE. Learn to talk.

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 26/March/2008 at 3:15pm
Double AA;

If I can help you, please contact me anytime. Don't think you really have a problem that can't easily be solved.

Ed Valentine
cross-american corp.

Posted By: John Bolton
Date Posted: 30/March/2008 at 8:10am
DoubleAA,

I have one of Eds machines. Not only does it out-power the rest but the shape and balance is such that I can load/unload with one hand - not lift it - just by leverage.

-------------
John Bolton MBICSc     
http://www.worldofclean.co.uk - World of Clean
http://www.cleantalk.co.uk - Cleantalk

Posted By: Robert_EcoDry
Date Posted: 30/March/2008 at 5:55pm
'Not sure what the height is on your Ford, but our Ninja loads in our Ford minivan easily; tilt the machine back, set the front wheels on the edge, and lift the rest in. There's no deadlifting at all.

For further enlightenment on how to move heavy objects, check out Wally Wallington. He's rebuilding Stonehenge in his backyard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOgyHcPnI70

-------------
www.Eco-Dry.net
"Safe for your family, pets and the environment."
info@eco-dry.net

Date Posted: 30/March/2008 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Robert_EcoDry Robert_EcoDry wrote:

For further enlightenment on how to move heavy objects, check out Wally Wallington. He's rebuilding Stonehenge in his backyard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOgyHcPnI70

This opens up a whole new market----> portys made of stone.

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 31/March/2008 at 1:55am
they go with shoes made of cement

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 31/March/2008 at 3:30am
You bet. Plastics are made from petroleum, so all future Titan portables will be made of stone. In addition, the whole Titan line of clothing will be made of cement.

Date Posted: 31/March/2008 at 9:08am
There you go giving him ideas againShocked

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 31/March/2008 at 12:02pm
my bad, KMart will start karrying the komplete line of Kenny Klothes and karpet kleening ekuipment koming to you this oktober.

KRAPOLA!

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Date Posted: 31/March/2008 at 12:24pm
That's quite a few K'sLOL

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 31/March/2008 at 5:35pm
I kuddent pass it up, now kood I? Cool

Katch me if you kan!

-------------

Posted By: MBCC
Date Posted: 26/May/2008 at 10:51pm
DoubleAA: Here I go again expressing undying love for my portable. It's a 500 psi SOLUS 500. 110 lbs. It tilts in and out of my pickup truck bed with relative ease with a tilt wheel design.

-------------
"Quality service guaranteed"

Posted By: Just Ol' Willy
Date Posted: 28/May/2008 at 9:02am
Originally posted by MBCC MBCC wrote:

DoubleAA: Here I go again expressing undying love for my portable. It's a 500 psi SOLUS 500. 110 lbs. It tilts in and out of my pickup truck bed with relative ease with a tilt wheel design.

Hows sales?LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

You remind me of recently lost virginity. The only one I've had is the bestest!

-------------

Date Posted: 28/May/2008 at 3:05pm
Hello Willy, Yeah I figure why not do my research first and buy a good machine that will pay off in spades. Although I must admit I was tempted at buying a piece of crap just to beat myself up in order to convince myself that it takes 10 years to figure something out as hard as carpet cleaning.

But, in all fairness, I will let you know when my machine craps out on me. 89 jobs to date with no problems.

-------------

Date Posted: 28/May/2008 at 4:22pm
89 jobs and your now a professional expert.. Please dude..

Posted By: Just Ol' Willy
Date Posted: 28/May/2008 at 5:48pm
Shhh- You'll wake him up.Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 28/May/2008 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

I never said that... but thanks!

Seriously though, you need to chill. The purpose of this website is to provide positive feedback. Your immature statements add nothing to the forum.

-------------

Date Posted: 29/May/2008 at 2:01am

You wouldn't say that to a prostitute would ya John?  And since we all prostitute ourselves in pursuit of the almighty buckaroo Pimpin

-------------

Date Posted: 29/May/2008 at 2:21am
Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

You wouldn't say that to a prostitute would ya John?  And since we all prostitute ourselves in pursuit of the almighty buckaroo Pimpin

Why? Is there one here?
And hay no name calling
I don't want to be a rat
like you MBCC and report someone
to the Moderator..LOL

Date Posted: 29/May/2008 at 2:45am

Originally posted by duckcountry duckcountry wrote:

Why? Is there one here? I HOPE ITS A GUY

And hay no name calling BONEHEAD

I don't want to be a rat, BUT I AM

like you DUCK and report someone

to the Moderator..BECAUSE WE JUST LOVE OUR MODERATORS. LOL

Why John L, you should be ashamed of yourself. But it's only HUMOR... Right????

-------------

Date Posted: 29/May/2008 at 2:49pm
I love derailing any attempt to knock any porty unless it is done by the actual owner/operator of the subject porty.  I see it as a calling.  BTW, sounds like a great porty you have.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net