Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4971
Printed Date: 29/April/2024 at 5:26am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Hotels / Motels
Posted By: CCandmore
Subject: Hotels / Motels
Date Posted: 08/April/2008 at 11:37pm
I could use some advice from any of you guys cleaning hotel/motels (Days Inn, Ramada-type): 

A local guy who owns eight wants to know my price for cleaning all carpet (rooms, halls, and outside walkways) once/twice a year.  My only commercial experience is some monthly restaurant accounts. 

The hallways are big and the rooms are small.  Each location 3-8 levels.
Should it be HWE, OP, Cimex or what?
What do these places usually pay per sqft? or per room?

Thanks for the help.  I'd like the regular business during my slower winter months, but really don't want to get caught up in a big pia or low profit obligation.  If you guys say it sucks, I'll give him sticker shock.

Replies:
Posted By: nightrider
Date Posted: 09/April/2008 at 12:20am
Those places are the hardest people to deal with, clean for , and collect from . Other than that, they're great places to do, because most of the time it's not very dirty and easy to clean. As far as the price................whatever you say.....................it's too much .

Nightrider

Posted By: ezebill
Date Posted: 09/April/2008 at 1:09am
I charge $ 35.00 per room not moving any beds dresser's or night stands, minimum of 10 HWE run 200psi if they do the halls at the same time i charge $0.14 per sq foot $ 0.20 per sq foot if just halls

Posted By: cmaster
Date Posted: 09/April/2008 at 2:18am
They will probably want it done for $10 or less per room. I wouldn't do it for less than $25 with a 6 room same area minimum. Hallways .10-.20 sq ft depending on frequency and soiling. Good luckBig%20smile

-------------

The STD Meter

Posted By: h8z2luze
Date Posted: 09/April/2008 at 10:48pm
Well i think your talking in canadian money but in UDS We do all the motel 6, best westerns, and a few others in northern and centeral california a couple times a year thats what our business survives on.  We are way below what other people charge because my boss is 74 and still lives in the 50's lol.  Around where I live we charge about $10.00 USD per roomand depending on how long the halls are $40-$60-$80  Most of the people that own hotels and motels around here are east indian and they DO NOT want to spend money.  We have been doing them for upwards of 10 years now though so we do have a good history.  HOWEVER on the coast we charge about $18 USD per room because all the carpet cleaners over there charge upwards of $25 per room.  Guess who gets the business :)  I work with about 600PSI at about 200degrees  Works great with the right chemicals.  If your doing a 8 story hotel you better have ALOT of hose or a protable.

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 10/April/2008 at 12:17am
get a signed P.O. or you may work and never get paid.

Motels are a P.I.T.A.  you need a good 5 star hotel.....where you do everything in a room.  200 to 300 per room is what you are looking for...  that consists of carpet furniture drapes mattress the works.

forget about sh*tty motels..

Date Posted: 10/April/2008 at 1:23am
ya its not much money i agree  We usually make about 300 a day

Date Posted: 10/April/2008 at 7:37pm
Got in touch with the guy today.  Quoted 4 big hallways at .25 per sqft.  Told him that was the lowest price we quote.  I was a little surprised that he went with it, since I'm pretty sure he was expecting less.  I will get paid when we finish.  I'm not sure if I'll get any more work from him, but I'm not convinced whether I want the $10 room deal anyway. Got to estimate how many I can finish an hour before getting involved with that.

Anyway, thanks for all the input.  It kept me from bidding too low and pissing away a Saturday.

Date Posted: 10/April/2008 at 7:53pm
Depending on how big the room I can finish 30 rooms in 3-5 hours

Date Posted: 10/April/2008 at 8:21pm
10 rooms/hour...............wow..........wish I can work that fast

Nightrider

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 11/April/2008 at 12:29am
You can nightrider with a Cimex. LOL

Anyways CC you should  negotiate a 1-2yr signed contract contingent on the thumbs up on your first clean.. Well, thats how i operate with payment due on receipt! If that dont fly with'em.. Ostilla vista baby! NEXT......

Date Posted: 11/April/2008 at 1:20am
A " Cimex " machine reminds me of buttering my toast in the morning, just smearing it all around nice and even

Nightrider

Date Posted: 11/April/2008 at 1:43am
Toast with smeared butter is greatThumbs%20Up

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 11/April/2008 at 8:22am
Originally posted by nightrider nightrider wrote:

A " Cimex " machine reminds me of buttering my toast in the morning, just smearing it all around nice and even

Nightrider
Who cares what we think.  If you have ever used a cimex everyday like I do, you would love it.  It makes the carpet look real nice and clean, and thats what the customer will pay you for.  Just did a store that has been done HWE for years.  The owner called 3 days later to tell us what a wonderful job we did, none of the stains came back and it looks real clean better than it has ever been done before.

so I say extra butter anyone!

I wanna marry my cimex!

Date Posted: 11/April/2008 at 9:20am
Originally posted by John L John L wrote:

You can nightrider with a Cimex. LOL

Anyways CC you should  negotiate a 1-2yr signed contract contingent on the thumbs up on your first clean.. Well, thats how i operate with payment due on receipt! If that dont fly with'em.. Ostilla vista baby! NEXT......

Thanks for the advice.

Date Posted: 11/April/2008 at 9:25am
If you Cimex a commercial account, how often should the carpet be HWE, or can you just keep using the Cimex?

Date Posted: 11/April/2008 at 11:08am
Don"t be fooled by a fool.................a Cimex is only good for cleaning clean carpets................something like a vacuum cleaner would do LOL

This is what seperates the men from the boys.....The pro's from the amatures...............you are being paid to clean a customers carpet in good faith and TRUST.................if you merely made their carpet look clean ...........then what you did was dishonest , fraudulant , and unprofessional.

Unless you give the customer the option, the explaination of the 2 different systems and perhaps a lower price for the cheaper method..............................you're just a thief

Nightrider

Date Posted: 11/April/2008 at 12:08pm
Most hotels don't care about how clean their carpets really are, just how clean they look.

Do you disagree with the statement that most people clean for appearance??????Hmmm

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 11/April/2008 at 12:19pm

Don"t be fooled by a fool.................a Cimex is only good for cleaning clean carpets................something like a vacuum cleaner would do LOL

This is what seperates the men from the boys.....The pro's from the amatures...............you are being paid to clean a customers carpet in good faith and TRUST.................if you merely made their carpet look clean ...........then what you did was dishonest , fraudulant , and unprofessional.

Unless you give the customer the option, the explaination of the 2 different systems and perhaps a lower price for the cheaper method..............................you're just a thief

Nightrider
NR your getting as bad as Kenny... that statement in red is bullsh*t...I've cleaned tool shops with the cimex...garages...  cmon don't bullsh*t these people... I did with the cimex what I could have never done with HWE and that is gotten good after dry results and a better clean appearance.

you clean with your Honesty NR and I'll clean with my cimex and at the end of the day we'll see who the customer wants

Date Posted: 11/April/2008 at 12:39pm
It's the Crystal Polymer secret nightrider..!!LOL

Date Posted: 11/April/2008 at 2:56pm
Steamer...........if you ever read my past posts regarding the Cimex you would have seen that I have used it on my restaurant carpets and found it to be amazing........I think I used the words ( " It cleans like magic " )

The problem was that 2 weeks after the carpet looked like crap..........like I never cleaned it for years....................I also used it in my office that was not very dirty................it looked great for months............WONDER WHY.

Nightrider

Date Posted: 11/April/2008 at 6:58pm
traffic! plus I bet you didn't use the good encap juice

Posted By: Michael
Date Posted: 11/April/2008 at 7:04pm

Of course anyone should be forthcoming about their method. The above is exactly what we do. We offer hwe and encap, and we explain to each customer both options, how they work, the basic pros and cons of each, and our recommendation for them based on their particular needs. We used to charge less for encap, but now we get the Encapulean w/Maxim and charge equally--we include stain guard app as another benefit of the encap service: "comes standard with stain guard."

Date Posted: 11/April/2008 at 7:35pm
Steamer I used a chemical called Vac-Away ( or something like that )

Nightrider

Date Posted: 11/April/2008 at 10:54pm
no good..LOL

Date Posted: 12/April/2008 at 12:36am
What should I have used. is there anything out there that can clean a greasy restaurant carpet using the " Cimex " method

Nightrider

Date Posted: 12/April/2008 at 1:12am

I'll bet Mr.Steamer uses Releasit..!

Date Posted: 12/April/2008 at 8:02am
I call it cha ching $$$$$

Date Posted: 12/April/2008 at 5:56pm

Just to follow up.  Did the job. Got paid in full without TOO much trouble.  I did end up throwing in a few small freebies as requested, but the money per hour was still good.  Next time, I think I'll get the price agreement signed in advance.

Date Posted: 12/April/2008 at 6:24pm
Upper Great CC.. What juice did ya use?

Date Posted: 12/April/2008 at 7:02pm
Not many stains, but a lot of foot traffic dirt and cheap vacuum use on lower 2 floors.  Presprayed with Traffic Slam and Citrusolve in a Hydrosrayer, raked it in and rinsed with FabSet to bring the PH back near neutral.  Spot treated some chewing gum.

I had a higher PH just in case, but everything cleaned up well.  Not nearly as tough to clean as some restaurants and light-colored residential I've had lately

Date Posted: 12/April/2008 at 8:17pm
OK.. I thought you were going to Encap it..

Date Posted: 14/April/2008 at 11:23pm
I cant believe you guys have to do all that work lol I use a wand only in hotel rooms and no pre spray and i do a fine job.  Havent had any complaints at all.

Date Posted: 15/April/2008 at 1:39pm
HUH! The most important cleaning agent and you don't use it..Wacko

Date Posted: 15/April/2008 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by h8z2luze h8z2luze wrote:

I cant believe you guys have to do all that work lol I use a wand only in hotel rooms and no pre spray and i do a fine job.  Havent had any complaints at all.
What are you rinsing with?

Date Posted: 15/April/2008 at 8:02pm
Ok here is what i do.  I use a wand I use pro chems heatwave I put the solution in the machine i go into the room do it once its clean i go to the next room.  I did this along side another carpet cleaner and he couldnt figure out how i could do it and get it so clean.  I donno thats just how I was tought to do it.  If its really dirty I use pre spray.  Or if its a sensitive carpet I will use all fiber rinse.  How do you guys put down your pre treat?

Date Posted: 15/April/2008 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by h8z2luze h8z2luze wrote:

How do you guys put down your pre treat?

Electric sprayer..Big%20smile

Date Posted: 15/April/2008 at 10:46pm
HydroforceBig%20smile

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 15/April/2008 at 10:46pm
When i put down pre treat I use prochem ultrapac traffic clean  and I use the TM solution line and a hand spray wand So I get it deep into the carpet I spray at about 600 PSI.  Seems to work really well.

Date Posted: 15/April/2008 at 10:48pm
Sounds like a hydroforce to meShocked

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 15/April/2008 at 10:48pm
600psi for prespraying WOOOH! You must be inhaling alot of the mist.. I use 45psi electric sprayer..

Date Posted: 15/April/2008 at 10:52pm
The TM is a Prochem Legend XL  and ya sometimes it mists alot but not usually.

Date Posted: 15/April/2008 at 10:53pm

I almost bought a PCLegendXL a few years back..

Date Posted: 15/April/2008 at 10:54pm
It is awesome.

Date Posted: 15/April/2008 at 11:06pm
My Recoil can beat your Legend...LOL   LOL  LOL

Date Posted: 15/April/2008 at 11:40pm
My Rug Doctor will kick all your sorry assesWacko

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 15/April/2008 at 11:43pm

Hahahaha....Confused

Date Posted: 16/April/2008 at 10:00pm
lol good luck with that.

Date Posted: 16/April/2008 at 11:02pm
Maybe I should order a Titan from Kenny??????? I can kick your asses with an imaginary machineLOL

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 17/April/2008 at 10:28am
You need imaginary carpets , and get paid in imaginary money to buy imaginary food..............................then again all the work is also imaginary, so not much energy is needed

Nightrider

Date Posted: 17/April/2008 at 10:30am
I've got way more imaginary energy than KennyShocked

-------------

The STD Meter

Date Posted: 17/April/2008 at 10:32am
Maybe more energy............................................but NoWay " More Imagination " LOL

Nightrider

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net