Print Page | Close Window

TruckForce

Printed From: Carpet Cleaning Forum
Category: Carpet Cleaners Discussion
Forum Name: Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines
Forum Description: Discuss anything relating to portable carpet cleaning machines
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6206
Printed Date: 03/May/2024 at 8:09pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: TruckForce
Posted By: CleanBean
Subject: TruckForce
Date Posted: 11/October/2009 at 2:32pm
Anyone have any knowledge of the TruckForce 3500 portables?  How reliable are they?

I'm thinking on a portable to start with and I've become tentative on the Rotovac startup package. They start you out mainly with:

Rotovac Powerwand
Mytee 1000  portable

I was looking at portables again and since I want to be careful of my first choice and I've become interested in these two:

1. Mytee 1003 DX which has 3 stage vacuum motors and if I'm not mistaken are better for drying.

TruckForce 3500 which has a 22 gallon solution tank and a 15 gallon waste tank.  What I really like is the autofill of water and chemical but the one drawback is it's not heated and it has a high price of about $3500 which seems high to have no heater.

The Mytee1003DX has a heater but no auto wate or fill.

I appreciate any comments

-------------
Above all....BE PROFESSIONAL!!!

Replies:
Posted By: Superglide Ken
Date Posted: 11/October/2009 at 3:43pm
I would go with the Mytee. It is the more powerful of the 2 because of the more powerful motors used and the fact they are in Parallel which give more power. And it is almost 1/2 the price of the Truckforce which doesn't hurt either. I have heard from my customers that it the more reliable of the 2 as well. That is my opinion.

Date Posted: 11/October/2009 at 4:20pm
Thanks for the info Ken.

I like the heated option of the Mytee.  Now I wonder if Rotovac would allow me to swap out the Mytee 1000 they offer in the package if I'm willing to pay whatever the extra is. Wink

I do think the Truckforce is more than I want to pay...and to not have the option of heated water is a concern too because it mean if I want heat I have to buy a in line heater.

I've been reading in the forum on portables and I want one that will take 50' of vac hose but still do a good job pulling out the water.

-------------

Posted By: Soil Lint Green
Date Posted: 11/October/2009 at 7:52pm
Yep, they LOVE to do upgrades! 

One thing though. 

Rotovacs use water so fast the inline heater can't keep up so just make sure you have the customer turn up the hot water heater to HIGH the night before.  But the heater is great for a standard wand which Cliff Munson endorses using except where a powerwand is needed (like if the customer is watching) or where the physical labor needed makes the Rotovac the way to go.

I use the powerwand (not the 360), upholstery tool, stair tool, regular wand as well as the tile/grout heads on a 1001 Mytee.  I use an old HILD floor machine for shampoo and bonnet.  I like to be flexible and will use muliple techniques on a single job - doing what needs to be done in each area.  Traffic Lanes get the full treatment, never walk on edges get a quick pass of a wand or possibly a bonnet.

Different stroking tools for different target areas.  I clean the Christmas dinner roasting pan with steel wool, the china gets a soft sponge or wash cloth.  Same philosophy with carpet cleaning is my style of cleaning these days.  My methods are flexible, my body is not.

-------------
It's ORY GUN, not OR A GONE. Learn to talk.

Date Posted: 11/October/2009 at 8:56pm
Thanks for the info SLG

I'm glad they'll do upgrades I'm gonna call the on their lowest price guaranteed lowest price too because I've seen the 1003DX for as low as $1849.

As for the Rotovac Powerwand my boss has already told me that I should start with a regular  jet wand and hold back the Rotovac for when I need it. I think that a good policy for a wand which they list at $2195.

My boss has 2 TMs and 2 portables and we do excellent cleaning with regular 2 jet wands. He's moving for a 3rd TM setup soon but just lost a TM extractor so he may wait til the new year.

My plan is to work out of a GMC Safari or Chevy Astro cargo van but I'm gonna stay under my boss for a while and ease my way into my own.

Getting up and running is gonna cost me around $8k for all I want. Cool

-------------

Date Posted: 11/October/2009 at 9:13pm
Mine is a 1999 Chevy Astro with the cargo cage of course.  I use regular cargo straps to hold the porty in one spot behind the driver's seat.  I think my total investment for the newer equipment from Rotovac and then van ran me about $10k so I am convinced your initial investment into fixed assets sounds right.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/October/2009 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by CleanBean CleanBean wrote:

Thanks for the info SLG

I'm glad they'll do upgrades I'm gonna call the on their lowest price
guaranteed lowest price too because I've seen the 1003DX for as low as
$1849.

As for the Rotovac Powerwand my boss has already told me that I should
start with a regularĀ  jet wand and hold back the Rotovac for when I
need it. I think that a good policy for a wand which they list at $2195. My boss has 2 TMs and 2 portables and we do excellent cleaning with regular 2 jet wands. He's moving for a 3rd TM setup soon but just lost a TM extractor so he may wait til the new year.My plan is to work out of a GMC Safari or Chevy Astro cargo van but I'm gonna stay under my boss for a while and ease my way into my own. Getting up and running is gonna cost me around $<span ="line"></span>8k for all I want. Cool

Clean Bean:

Who carries the 1003DX for $1849?

Date Posted: 12/October/2009 at 1:42pm
Hey Ken,

Discount Cleaning Products...here's the link:

http://www.discountcleaningproducts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1003DX&thissku=1003DX&site=www.become.com - http://www.discountcleaningproducts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1003DX&thissku=1003DX&site=www.become.com

Found it for $1 678.95 at pro detailing supplies. Google them by that name because the link didn't work. Look under the "Store" menu and at the very bottom you'll find "Hot Water Carpet Extractors"

-------------

Date Posted: 12/October/2009 at 9:36pm
That is not a bad price for the extractor only.  Wonder how much hoses and a wand go for?  I didn't see any mention of the power cords, I hope they are not extra.

I am just thinking that Rotovac sells their extractors complete with wand and hoses and cords.  I doubt that they would break up a set to match prices.   But of course they would guarantee their prices to be the lowest for the equipment configurations they have.

You know, if they beat the best price you find by $.01, technically they win that price challenge.

-------------

Date Posted: 12/October/2009 at 10:40pm
Wand and hose generally go for $200 when purchaed with machine. Not much margin at that price.

Posted By: John L
Date Posted: 12/October/2009 at 11:36pm
Carpet Cleaner Do switches come with that machine?   OuchElectrifyOuch

Date Posted: 13/October/2009 at 11:27am
We don't need no stinkin swiches mahnUh, uh, uh

-------------

Date Posted: 13/October/2009 at 1:44pm
Each toggle switch is $50 extra US... Disapprove
Same with the power cords.. LOL!  LOL

Date Posted: 13/October/2009 at 3:05pm
Perhaps neither are as good a bargain as they appear.  Rotovac will give me the Mytee  DX in the package fo an extra $1k which makes the price  $3995. That will include:

The Rotovac Powerwand, Mytee  1003DX, 25' Vac and solution hoses, stainless steel dual jet wand' carpet rake, stainless steel upholtery/stair tool, Rotovac cleaning detergent, CTI spotting kit along with a marketing package and flyers.

Not bad to me Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 14/October/2009 at 2:04am
It quite a kit.  I think you will enjoy it.  

-------------

Date Posted: 14/October/2009 at 12:38pm

Or you could start on the cheap and save $3,500.00

Pickup a used swing machine some pads and a few 5gal buckets..LOL

Date Posted: 14/October/2009 at 1:03pm
So true

-------------

Date Posted: 15/October/2009 at 10:13am
I'm back looking at the Truckforce $3500 machine because of the autofill and dump on it and looking at Mytee Hot Turbo as the heater option.  I simply like the fact that I wont be stopping to fill and empty the tanks. I can operate from the van and just run hoses.

What to do??? Confused

I'm checking around on the reliability of the Truckforce machine because as I've checked around the most popular portables *appear* to be Mytee and Ninja as the standard.  I've read good things about the Truckforce also. So I'm flip flopping on the Truckforce 3500 and the Mytee 1003DX again.Cool

I'll decide in the next two weeks. Either machine can be in the Rotovac package. The Mytee 1003DX at $3075 and the Truckforce at $3595.

-------------

Posted By: FixrUpr
Date Posted: 18/October/2009 at 5:42pm
Hey man, I don't mean to butt in here, but I wanted to let you know I posted a Mytee M5 in the classifieds that I believe would be just what you are looking for.  It has dual 3-stage vacs, auto fill and pump out, dual circuit indicator, 50' vac/solution hoses, 2-50' ext. cords, 12" stainless s-bend wand, and I also have a Mytee Hot 2000watt inline heater that I used along with it and it worked great.  I bought it in mid-April of this year, hardly used it, asking 2150 for the M5 and the inline heater together(paid over 2800 plus 230.00 shipping). 

I have pictures if you want to see it, just figured you may be interested in saving 1350.00 over that truckforce(which is the unit I was comparing to the Mytee before I bought it).

Let me know if you are interested, I live in Asheville, NC

Date Posted: 21/October/2009 at 11:36am
Gonna take that Mytee M5 deal above...it's hard to beat and saves me bucks.  Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 23/October/2009 at 9:19am
Well...my Mytee M5 should be coming and now the search is on for a decent van to move around in.  I'm anxious but patient!

Now comes the move to get my Rotovac startup kit to get going and enhance my training through IICRC training. So far all my training has come through my boss who has taught me well. As I continue to work under him I'll be looking to get IICRC certifications.

Thanks to all of you for your input!  Thumbs Up

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net