Forum Description: General discussion on anything related to carpet cleaning
URL: https://www.kleenkuip.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7321
Printed Date: 18/April/2024 at 1:10am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Use of vinegar in cleaning carpets,rugs
Posted By: resolute123
Subject: Use of vinegar in cleaning carpets,rugs
Date Posted: 01/February/2012 at 4:50am
Hii!I am new to this forum. I wanted some suggestions from you jargons in cleaning.
I wanted to know how can i clean my carpet at home myself. I am trying it for the first time. Is vinegar the only option for cleaning at home? Can anyone suggest me , how to clean effectively with vinegar, or any other  cleaners?

Replies:
Posted By: maximus
Date Posted: 02/February/2012 at 5:45am
You will see a number of products on the market that can help yourself to get get rid of of spills rapidly. Each of these products range in uses and can be helpful once you bout all of them with the kind of splatter that in fact has occurred. Yourself can also utilize a mixture of fluids and vinegar to actually help you keep the marks out. Taking immediate act can help to stop seeks from becoming stains abandoning you having a clear carpeting.

Date Posted: 02/February/2012 at 7:13am
Hey thanks a lot but can you explain me the process of cleaning? Which fluids are you talking about?

Posted By: cleanex
Date Posted: 02/February/2012 at 9:04am
Vinegar is not a carpet cleaning agent.  Most soil found in carpets is on the acid side of the ph scale, therefore we use a alkiline side cleaning agent to clean with. We do use a odourless vinegar type agent to neutralize the carpet in the final rinse process. Vinegar is an acid.
There are a million different alkiline cleaners available for carpet cleaning 

-------------
DON ELDRED
YOU CAN "STAND" ON OUR REPUTATION

Date Posted: 03/February/2012 at 12:24am
Originally posted by cleanex cleanex wrote:

Vinegar is not a carpet cleaning agent.  Most soil found in carpets is on the acid side of the ph scale, therefore we use a alkiline side cleaning agent to clean with. We do use a odourless vinegar type agent to neutralize the carpet in the final rinse process. Vinegar is an acid.
There are a million different alkiline cleaners available for carpet cleaning 

Hey thanks a lot, but still i have a doubt. Is there any difference between normal vinegar and odourless. Can you suggest me some names of cleaners?

Date Posted: 03/February/2012 at 5:45am

To ensure a continued lifespan of your rug deprived of any harm, cleaning and maintaining rugs is very important. There are various approaches that should be followed to maintain as well as clean your area rug. Cleaning the rug with natural cleaning products or with chemical cleaning agents will help your rug stay in a nice condition for a long time.

Date Posted: 03/February/2012 at 8:36am
If you told us where you live, we could direct you to a supply house that is near you and they would have the proper products for your application

-------------
DON ELDRED

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 03/February/2012 at 4:55pm
yes great use vinegar!!! lol

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 04/February/2012 at 3:34am
Yes, i never thought vinegar would be so useful

Posted By: duckcountry
Date Posted: 04/February/2012 at 11:58am
I use it with a spoon full of sugar to cure hickups.

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Posted By: MR. STEAMER
Date Posted: 04/February/2012 at 3:08pm
you know i'm just joking... don't use any cleaning solutions that aren't sold at the chemical store

-------------
www.mr-steamer.com

Date Posted: 04/February/2012 at 8:47pm
I know but resolute seems the gullible type and maximus is blutomus maximus when it comes to cleaning.

-------------
Are you in a high paying business or are you just a self employed low paid grunt who thinks this business provides dignity?

Posted By: papagator
Date Posted: 05/February/2012 at 11:56am
Sounds like Maximus should be working for Dell!

-------------
just swimmin in circles

Date Posted: 05/February/2012 at 12:39pm
Same country papagator

-------------

Date Posted: 05/February/2012 at 3:37pm
Perhaps vinegar there is the be all and end all eh Duck?

-------------
just swimmin in circles

Date Posted: 05/February/2012 at 6:48pm
It worked on my Dell computer.  Must be the everything chemical.

-------------

Date Posted: 06/February/2012 at 5:54am
rugs with looped textures, vacuum clean the carpet regularly employing suction only. Avoid utilizing the going around beater bar. This will keep the loops from getting chipped. Vinegar is also effective in the cleaning of the rugs as it is known as the simplest way of cleaning an area rug.

Date Posted: 06/February/2012 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by maxipad maxipad wrote:

rugs with looped textures, vacuum clean the carpet regularly employing suction only. Avoid utilizing the going around beater bar. This will keep the loops from getting chipped. Vinegar is also effective in the cleaning of the rugs as it is known as the simplest way of cleaning an area rug.

Definitely ESL.  Are you the one that recommended I go after my Dell and put a saddle on it when I told you it was running?  When I said the computer was smoking you said is that a bad thing and then asked what it was smoking and finally bummer dude you got to fix that?  He or she doesn't read the replies and just keep on posting nonsense as if they had their brains on auto pilot.  Keep it up maxipad.   The only credibility you are establishing is that of someone who is a hack website promoter paid to increase rankings on Google.

Date Posted: 06/February/2012 at 2:13pm
What is it you are doing? If this is to clean your own carpet do what ever you want. If you are talking about professional carpet cleaners that is a different ball game, we would not use vinegar ever!!!!! 

-------------
DON ELDRED

Posted By: doug
Date Posted: 06/February/2012 at 4:28pm
I still use it on my french fries???Guitar

-------------
Just My opinion

Date Posted: 06/February/2012 at 7:12pm
in the olden days I washed my hair with eggs and rinsed with vinegar.

-------------

Date Posted: 08/February/2012 at 3:49pm
Seems like maximus is just stringing a bunch of words together and hoping he/she/it gets lucky with the terminology.... Giddy up dude/dudette... what's next, pre spray with WD40??

-------------
just swimmin in circles

Date Posted: 08/February/2012 at 5:19pm
for those really tuff stains try used motor oil.  WD40 works best on urine stains.

-------------

Date Posted: 09/February/2012 at 3:44pm
I thought used motor oil was for blood! My bad. LMAO LOL

-------------
just swimmin in circles

Posted By: rupert
Date Posted: 15/May/2013 at 8:45pm
Well I never cleaned carpets with vinegar I always used different solutions.

Posted By: rupert
Date Posted: 15/May/2013 at 8:46pm
Vinegar and motor oil. What an interesting combination for a carpet.

Posted By: westcovina
Date Posted: 18/May/2013 at 3:01pm
Google "carpet cleaning chemicals" and you will see vinegar did not make the list.

-------------
http://www.example.com - http://www.carpet-cleaning-pasadena-ca.com/

Posted By: Ed Valentine
Date Posted: 05/June/2013 at 1:39pm
Vinegar is a natural disinfectant and deodorizer that will break apart the ammonia found in pet urine, and also destroy the odor caused by the urine. If you know where the pet urine stain is, drench with distilled white vinegar, let sit for a few minutes, then scrub into the area with a brush or cloth. If you are unsure where the pet urine stain is located, mix a sprayable solution of 1 cup white vinegar and 2 cups water in a spray bottle.

Using Vinegar with hot water in ones Solution Tank becomes a great natural cleaning agent. Works very well.

Best to all;
Ed Valentine
cross-american.com

Posted By: LanceLogan
Date Posted: 14/July/2013 at 7:33pm
Vinegar seams to break down feces better than anything, spray it on, let it marinate a few minutes, rinse well, I do my share of work at retirement homes. It's pretty much your only hope in hell in getting stains out of wool rugs unless you know something I don't.

Posted By: LanceLogan
Date Posted: 14/July/2013 at 7:41pm
Almost forgot, vinegar is the sh*t with water stains caused by flooding

Posted By: Lavon
Date Posted: 05/June/2017 at 8:41pm
I would never clean carpet with vinegar only organic Carpet Cleaning Supplies non toxic good for kids and great for animals and pets

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.06 - https://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2023 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net