Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Whats Up??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2005 at 11:33pm
I have two loser TM's...lol    don't need a vac booster, they are not 2 looser porty's
www.mr-steamer.com
Sponsored Links

Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2005 at 11:35pm
Just because its a TM does not mean you do not need a vac booster.  What are your dry times? 

Waldo
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2005 at 11:37pm
it depends on the weather... 2-5 hours on nylon... thats good enough for me
www.mr-steamer.com
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2005 at 11:44pm
2 to 5 hours.  LOL!  No wonder you have no work.  I am getting dry times under an hour.  When I start using Hardballs Solvent Protector I could be at half hour dry times.  You need to improve dry times and you will gain more customers.  Give Greenie a call he can help you guys out.

Waldo
Nordic 1 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nordic 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2005 at 11:47pm
No NHL this year and Seal Klubbing is not till spring

N1
MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/January/2005 at 11:49pm

if I had said 15 mins you still would of had something to say....

people are use to drying times of 24 hours ... they don't care as long as it's clean...

we have no work

1) because it's cold

2)because everything is slow after the xmas season

3)I'm quiting so I can read all of waldo's posts

www.mr-steamer.com
Nordic 1 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nordic 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2005 at 12:03am
Sears must be keeping all the work for there own.

N1
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2005 at 7:32am
DILDO What kind of tm do you have?Guitar
Just My opinion
Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2005 at 10:44am
Doug,

He has one of Rich Michniak's killer TM's. Nice units with LOTS of heat. As Rich is famous for saying....VAPOR STEAM BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And speaking of steam......

Steamey, if you want to cut your dry times drastically you only need to change a few things....first lose your 1 1/2" whip hose. Run 2" straight to your wand. Notice the difference that makes. Then, try a 2" tubed wand, it will make as dramatic of a difference as losing the whip hose did. Then get a holed glide another dramatic difference.  Next, check your system for restrictions. If you run an inline filter, chuck it. If you have one of those cylindrical pleated filters in your waste tank replace it or clean it really well and from now on cover it with a kneehigh pantyhose stocking. It is really easy and cheap to change, get rid of all other filters and resign yourself to washing out your waste tank once in a while. With just the single filter you will cut down restrictions and make a big difference on how much air you move through your machine. Lastly, invest a couple hundred dollars in a kunkle valve to replace your old relief valve. If you have the money, the killer set up is the electronic kunkle that David Wang sells, but they are pricey ($900 US).

Do these things and you will have maximized the performance of your unit. Your dry times will be cut in half, if not better, you will not have to work so hard, and you and your custy's will be much happier.

In your area, lowballers are rampant. You have to set yourself apart from the crowd so that you can justify charging more. Cleaner, drier carpets is a major selling point. If you don't think that getting carpet drier means getting them cleaner, you are wrong. Just remember what the water in your waste tank looks like...it's DIRTY. The more dirty water left in the carpet, the dirtier the carpet.

These fixes/ adjustments are easy and relatively inexpensive to do. Try them and let me know if you still feel 2-5 hour dry times are acceptable.

Take care,
Lisa
Lisa Smith View Drop Down
Cute Buns
Cute Buns

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2005 at 10:53am
Oh yes, and if you REALLY want to move your TM to the next level without laying out the big bucks for a 5 or 6 series blower machine....get one of Nordic's vac boosters. They are NOT for porty's, they will increase the CFM's your unit moves allowing you to make longer hose runs and dry carpet faster. Ed Valentine makes one too. These are great additions to a unit with a 3 series blower, and even many 4 series can benefit dramatically as well.

Take care,
Lisa 
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2005 at 2:09pm
I guess I will just have to keeping rolling along with my porties?Guitar
Just My opinion
Waldo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waldo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2005 at 7:53pm
Doug you need to step it up and improve your dry times.   Your pathetic.  I have heard you have been having 8 hour dry times.  Your a joke. You need to return your customer's checks.

Waldo The Golden Glide
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2005 at 8:26pm
Where did you hear that from s**t for brains?  Anyone who drives an ambulance probably gotten a  surplus disposal sale need not talk.  I see you tried to post on the Red board a line of bullsh*t that as long as you have a mamoth truckmount it can make up for your incompentance. Waldo:  You are a prime example of God's carelessness.Guitar
Just My opinion
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2005 at 8:36pm
Waldo:  If I need special dry times I will use my op machine.Guitar
Just My opinion
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>