Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Water Damage and Fire Damage Restoration Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

flood work

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/May/2004 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by We Dry We Dry wrote:

We offer the MRT mould course....Do you have that one?

Mr. We Dry:  I am a CR and have AMRT ASD  and one or two others.Guitar

Just My opinion
Sponsored Links

Brian Strawn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Strawn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/May/2004 at 5:36pm
Mr. We Dry: Good brief post you could have wrote an essay on this
subject. Education is the first step.
Brian Strawn
We Dry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote We Dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/May/2004 at 5:30pm

We offer the MRT mould course....Do you have that one?

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/May/2004 at 3:35pm
Mr.  We Dry: What  ASCR courses do you offer. I am a member of ASCR and was just inquiring?Guitar
Just My opinion
We Dry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote We Dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/May/2004 at 9:59am

Hey Ted......Its We Dry just getting back to you.....

Here we go!

Does flood work simply mean sucking up water and leaving with your fee? = NO WAY........I wish it was that easy... ........There are many things involved in water damage mitigation..........Insurance, Liability, Equipment, Storage facilities and the biggest issue is future law suites against if you provide moisture control services and they are improper.

1. Where do we go from here? Everyone needs to get educated, not saying that we don’t know everything but we all learn everyday new and better things. And better ways of providing our services. Education is the #1 asset you can have to your firm. With education you can prove what you’re doing and why you’re doing it. That is usually the biggest challenge that most water mitigation firms are faced with.

2. Where are the learning institutions? Let’s start in Canada. There are two...One being in Barrie Ontario and the other in Hamilton Ontario which is my own school. Both schools have ASD, WRT, AMRT and many other courses to offer..Al courses are certified by the IICRC and some by the ASCR Foundation.....You choose, but most insurance institutes only will accept the IICRC as a certification.

3. What's an average investment? This is a broad statement....I don’t know what is involved...Just water or fire?...If its flood you would need the essentials like, 25 Airmovers @ an average @ $375.00 = $9375.00....5 LGR dehumidifiers @ $2400.00 = $12,000.00.....Truck @ $700.00 per month with a leasing option @ 12 months = $8400.00......Extraction unit....Ted I don’t know how much these are......Just add it in here if anyone knows....We are already at $30K....That’s with just some equipment and a truck not with the extractor. We are not even including the cost of the extraction tools... There many more to include, insurance/liability, employees to perform this services, training in water damage mitigation.......I’m sure there are more this is a quick brief rundown of some!

4. Can I rent equipment? Equipment can be rented from Ted Harding, CDT International CAT and Munters. All provide equipment nationally and globally... Your best bet is renting through Ted Harding.....

5. Do I have legal responsibilities?  Well...YES. Yes it sucks but we all do......What if "we" think we dryed Mr. Ted Harding’s house and then 3 moths later he is calling back with a microbial issue... We are most likely liable for this...and it will only be covered by our own pockets. You do not want your insurance provider knowing that we have contaminated  Ted's entire house with mould spores........ So just a quick answer...we are all liable in every project we go in.

6. How do I find moisture if I can't see it? Informed cameras work well if you know how to utilize them. There only read temperature differentials........Non invasive moisture meters and an instrument called a boroscope......Your can get a boroscope that has a camera so you can see it on a small TV.....

7. What's the difference between mould and mildew? Mould grows on most building materials and mildew grows on plants.....

8. Is there a wholesale company that I can turn my flood work over to and receive commissions? Ted that’s what I provide....I do work for may contractors and they basically have me perform there water mitigation services and they invoice the insurance firms.

9. What are the health issues? Mould Mould and More mould...... ....You can get beat up with this very quickly.....Cross contamination in houses are a big topic. If you don’t dry and contain properly then there are MANY health issues.

10. Do I need to be registered with any organization? Get registered with the IICRC and some IAQA organizations... Indoor air quality associations....

11. Is it difficult to get insurance companies to do business with a small carpet cleaner? Its hard to get insurance to use large national firms some times...So yes...And all you can do is keep trying and trying!

12. Can I be sued for doing a job incorrectly? YES YES YES..... If the insurance firm calls in another contractor and they prove that it was done incorrectly then they have a legit case!

Hope this helps.......

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2004 at 10:14pm
Ted:  I think the Centre for Disaster Recovery in Barrie is a great start for anyone serious about this industry.  I guess that question was not ment for me.  But there are so many questions I didn't think one would matter.Guitar
Just My opinion
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/May/2004 at 5:14pm

We Dry, Thanks for coming on board.

You may notice that flood work has had more views than the average post in a very short time. I can only conclude that we have a higher than average interest in knowing about flood work.

This is still a new field for most and many are hungry for knowledge. I will attempt to put more efforts into this area and would appreciate and encourage you to do the same. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks in advance.

Does flood work simply mean sucking up water and leaving with your fee? If that's you then you have only performed a very small portion of this whole big picture. Possibly many bad, unhealthy experiences and or expensive repairs may be down the road for your customers. Is it your responsibility to explain what they are? Do you know what they are?

I challenge We Dry to get more involved and enlighten us on what's down the road for those of us who want to become true restorative cleaners.

1. Where do we go from here?
2. Where are the learning institutions?
3. What's an average investment?
4. Can I rent equipment?
5. Do I have legal responsibilities?
6. How do I find moisture if I can't see it?
7. What's the difference between mold and mildew?
8. Is there a wholesale company that I can turn my floodwork over to and recieve a commision?
9. What are the health issues?
10. Do I need to be registered with any organization?
11. Is it difficult to get insurance companies to do business with a small carpet cleaner?
12. Can I be sued for doing a job incorrectly?

Edited by Carpetologist
We Dry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote We Dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 9:57pm

100% Canadian and PROUD of it!

Yes, Ted will do great with the rental divisions. Hes and inventive man...Ever hear his message on his voice mail?.....lil...Elvis.........Well..Im sure we'll chat again....Talk to ya soon....

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 9:51pm

Thanks We Dry

Ted's always coming up with different idea's. It will be good for the carpet cleaner that wants to clean up a flood for their customer without sub contacting the work out or going through the expense of buying all the equipment for just a few jobs.

Eh!!!!!! a real Canadian

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
We Dry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote We Dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 9:39pm

Hey there. No problem!

I was browsing through this site and seen that Ted has a rental division now. They have regular dehumuidifiers and LGR's. So if you ever need any I believe they have them.

Talk to ya soone eh!

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 9:29pm

Thanks We dry but I believe I am out of my league here. I will let you experts discuss the difference between which dehumidifier is good for the job.

The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

We Dry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote We Dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 9:17pm

Low Grain Refregireant Dehumidifier...It's the new technology of dehumidification also there is desiccant dehumidification.

Desiccants will get your vapour presure down whereas LGR's wil only get as low as 28GPP

A normal dehumidifier will dry to 55GPP

LGR dehumidifer will dry to 28GPP

Desiccants will dry down to the teens.

I have had our 8500 CFM units down to 2GPP

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 8:40pm

Here's a simple question. What does Lrg's, mean ?

Thanks

We Dry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote We Dry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/May/2004 at 6:50pm
Brian, Thanks for you OPINION!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>