Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Truck Mount Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines & Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Nu Chevy Express Van 4.8 or 6.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nu Chevy Express Van 4.8 or 6.0
    Posted: 03/December/2005 at 12:35am

Hello fellow carpet cleaners ! About to make the big leap into a new Chevy Express Van 2500. The question is I am buying two of them one that I will be transferring my current entry cleanco charger and the other a new Bluewave and am wondering will the 4.8 liter do the job or go with the gas guzzling 6.0.

I am one that had to learn the hard way and do this twice reason I had purchased a Chevy Astro Van 2000. After a wheel falling off on the freeway , Trans needing rebuilt and suspension upgrades it is time to move up and do it right the second time.

Thanks for all the great advice I should have listened!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2005 at 7:48am
I have an 03 and 05 with the 6 liter, but they are one ton extendeds. I don't find them as hard on gas as my older 350s were. They are very smooth and have lots of torque.
Just My opinion
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2005 at 6:02pm
Interesting the 4.8 is a v8 engine in the Chevy Express. If you can use a v6 and the 4.8 engine is a v8 this should do the job. Once again on a 3/4 ton and a slide in TM.
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2005 at 7:58pm
Just consider the weight. I would not put a slide in into a 3/4 ton van? when buying new it is I think $1000.00 more to go 1 ton and you get a heavy duty van. If you are getting it new make sure it has an auxullary fuel hookup on it for the slide in. If not it will cost you big time. I think it is a $50.00 or so option?
Just My opinion
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2005 at 10:30pm

Thanks Doug! You da Man!!! You usually have a one liner to go with it too cold out there?

One ton van for the slide in for that big Bluewave

Second van just have a entry livel Cleanco Charger light weight which will be the 3/4

Therefore the v8 4.8 liter is ok for both then right

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2005 at 11:45pm

4.8 is a light duty van... even though it a 2500 series....just do 1 ton for both

it'll kill you in gas, because it's not built to carry the load of a slide in and water...

hard on the tranny too...hard on all the parts

www.mr-steamer.com
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2005 at 1:45am

This is great info Mr. Steamer and Doug. Do not want to do this a third time. This time I need to use this info from experienced people suh as you guys who have been in the game.Your honest true inputs. Sensible and realistic.

Therefore my decision will be the Chevy Express 3500 with 6.0 Engines and not to look back. Less wear and tear and which has the power if needed.  Thank you !!!!!!! 

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2005 at 1:48pm
Don't forget the auxillary fuel option on the gas tank?
Just My opinion
blondie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2005 at 1:53pm
blondie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2005 at 1:56pm

Online Status: Online
Posted: 04 December 2005 at 3:14am | IP Logged Quote blondie

I POSTED THIS FOR THE K-BAY SECTION

Above post shows a used White magic Slide-in, removed from a smashed Truck..........unit is in excellent condition with less that 300 hours on it, Truck is going for scrap...........if interested in the unit you must be willing to remove all related equipment yourself or tow complete truck to your garage and later tow truck at your expense to scrap yard with me

Complete unit is selling fast for $ 3000.00 Cash ( No Checques ) ( No guarantees ) but can be started and is fully operational 100 %.

Comes with 250 feet H.P Hose/Vacuum Hose

2 Wands

1 Stair tool

2 150 gallon tanks Fresh/Waste

500 dollars of asst chemicals sold half price

much, much, more to list  ( Must See )

Insurance already settled on total amount of damage, that's why so cheap, plus I am not re-entering this type of business

Leave message with Ted at Kleenkuip, and I will call you back to book viewing appointment.      Thanks  Debra

Back to Top View blondie's Profile Search for other posts by blondie Send Private Message Add to Buddy List Edit Post Delete Post

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2005 at 8:24pm
What has this got to do with purchasing a van?
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2005 at 10:50pm
You need to put something in the van
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2005 at 11:31pm

Whow! How does this compare to what I am about to spend 18k on a new Bluewave. Three thousand dollars. Is this machine all that.

Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2005 at 11:50pm
You talking about a Blueline ?
A.K.A.
Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>