Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Oil and gas smell from van carpet.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil and gas smell from van carpet.
    Posted: 05/January/2006 at 7:24pm

I got a refferal from the local Mazda dealership. 

A weed eater tipped over in the back of a 2004 mazda van.  The owner is very sensitive to the odor.

I removed the carpet cut away the affected pad and cleaned the carpet with a solution of Hydrobreak, Boostall, and DeLiminate.  I extracted with End Zone thein misted with Multiphase.

The carpet sure is clean, the problem is the odor is faint but its still there.  It's that stale old gas and oil smell.

Since its not an organic odor what would be the best way to go from here without adding solvent odor in its place?

CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

Sponsored Links

carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2006 at 7:30pm
Ozone and/or ElectroGen Fogger.
Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/January/2006 at 8:00pm
Thanks, I got it tented with ozone, we'll see how it turns out.  I'm a little leery of the fogger she is very sensitive to any odors.
CCT, UFT, OCT, CRT, RRT, WRT, SMT, FSRT, JTC, JSR, JWR, MTC a great life, if you don't weaken.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/January/2006 at 8:30pm
match?
Just My opinion
Advantage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Advantage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/January/2006 at 8:26pm
So then put the carpet back in the van, put the payment book in the glove box, light the match?

Post Reply Post Reply