Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Tide with color safe bleach (powder)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/February/2006 at 8:26am
That couch thing reminds me of an old WoolLite commerical where they put the couch in the washing machine? How times have changed. too bad the washing machines got smaller.
Just My opinion
Sponsored Links

MR. STEAMER View Drop Down
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/February/2006 at 9:43am

77748 Thats what all this comes down to ...experience... I have not wrecked one piece of carpet or furniture ever.

I'm not like some of these guys that may only do 5 to 10 calls a week.  I do at least 25 calls a week...4 or 5 calls a day over a 6 day period.  If I screw up with the type of soap I use, I would screw up big owing thousands of dollars.

I'm not a weekend warrior, or a part time cleaner, I own and operate 2 truckmounts that go out and work each and everyday.

All the rest of arm chair cleaners here, can talk their crap.

I know exactly what time it is

www.mr-steamer.com
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/February/2006 at 2:48pm

Well the Tide is in and my slimeball experiment test is over. The results were quite surprising to me and I did not see the devastation that I expected to see and feel.

The residue as much as it stayed slimey for two and a half days eventually became a solid. That I did not expect. But a clumpy solid and not a powdery solid.

Conclusion:

The clumpy solid residue will probably not vacuum up as readily as a powdery residue would. On a scale of 1 to 10 Tide gets a 5. But Formula 90 + Energizer is still a 10 in my world.

You must remember that Chemspec is a specialty chemical company and does not produce detergents for dishwashers, car washes, laundry, etc,. They concentrate on you the carpet cleaner. All their eggs are in one basket. I for one support them.

Anyone who comes up with a winner you should keep supporting and feeding. This allows their Research & Development to keep winning products in front of you.

Do you think Procter & Gamble would ever look into a specialty product for our industry? Hell no...we are too small for the big guys to even consider.

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/February/2006 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by MR. STEAMER MR. STEAMER wrote:

77748 Thats what all this comes down to ...experience... I have not wrecked one piece of carpet or furniture ever.

I'm not like some of these guys that may only do 5 to 10 calls a week.  I do at least 25 calls a week...4 or 5 calls a day over a 6 day period.  If I screw up with the type of soap I use, I would screw up big owing thousands of dollars.

I'm not a weekend warrior, or a part time cleaner, I own and operate 2 truckmounts that go out and work each and everyday.

All the rest of arm chair cleaners here, can talk their crap.

I know exactly what time it is

Steamer are you looking for a medal or a chest to pin it on?  Just because you are the Bionic cleaner doesen't meat you are the only one who knows anything.  Unfortunately I haven't stayed in business for over 20 years  from being the fastest and the cheapest. I guess that leaves me some time to sit in my armchair?

Just My opinion
77748 View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77748 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/February/2006 at 7:24pm

Carpetologist I thought you were going to bash the hell out of it!

Appreciate your honesty!  True to the game!!

Edited by 77748
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/February/2006 at 10:12pm

Carpetologist, I too appreciate your honesty.  If it is not too much trouble why not get the residue analyzed.  I am going to suggest that what is left will be something that will attract dirt easily, or maybe not.

I can't knock Steamer either, thats alot of doors his company has gone through and he had the results to back it.

Good topic!

http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/February/2006 at 12:04am

He didn't mix it like you would in pre-spray....

I only use hydro force... 10 oz to 1 gallon....

I use to use prochem dry slurry... love it... but I was paying $250 dollars a 50lbs pail.....

I go through a lot of soap because I actually pre-spray from top to bottom... not spot spray... I pay attention to the spots but I give the whole carpet a good soaping...

I would go through a pail in a month to month and a half...

so I took it to my fathers lab buddy, that makes all sorts of chemicals.  He made up somestuff what worked just as well and was just as cheap as a box of laundry detergent.

He said the dry slurry was no better than a good laundry detergent...has to do something with the activating agent...or something like that he said.

so at first I mixed his 50lbs with 50lbs of dry slurry...

never noticed any difference in cleaning...and this stuff only cost 60bucks for the pail...

wow until I stopped mixing it...

still never noticed any difference...

what the guy makes for me is a general detergent... good for clothes good for carpet ...don't was your car with it...lol

maybe not tide... but just as cheap

so when I hear that the stuff causes re-soiling...or leaves residue... I know that it doesn't

But saying this gets you ridicule from your peers.

and I've cleaned everything with it....

go figure

Edited by MR. STEAMER
www.mr-steamer.com
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/February/2006 at 10:23am

For those who we have not convinced and prefer Tide, let me take you to an even lower level.

Proctor & Gamble sell a product industrially and it is called Orvis, comes in powder and paste.  It is very inexpensive, guess what.  Its Tide without the bulls Eye Target on the box.

The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/February/2006 at 5:04pm

Originally posted by 77748 77748 wrote:

So much experience in this forum its incredible. Take someone like the Carpetologist who helped me in this forum when I first started never met him but helped quite a bit as Doug, Steamer Nightrider and so many others. Thank you! Sincerely. You all have helped me at least make this secondary business a primary one.

We appreciated the good words in your post how you feel this site has helped you. Nice to see your growth in such a short time. Most people we sell to in Ontario never get beyond the Mama-Papa stage.

It's very rare to see a newbie in Ontario even get beyond three crews. Don't have the answer why. American's are gamblers. Go big or go home.

Canadians seem very concerned about overspending and are conservative. A one man operation is not a business, the business owns you and keeps you captive.

nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/February/2006 at 5:34pm

WOW.........WELL SAID MR. HARDING

Nightrider

The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/February/2006 at 5:41pm

Oh BOy...

Business must be really slow. In four days we've had almost 800 views on the Tide Topic.

Think of all the professional brains in this system for us to pick and we are arguing over Tide. I for one am going to put it down to entertainment value.

Let's get back to talking about O.P., The Activator, Dry Cleaning and watch profits soar into the thousands.

True Patriot
True Patriot

Only in the GTA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MR. STEAMER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/February/2006 at 5:51pm

All Depends on the area you service....

for example Oakville with only 50 thousand homes will make just as much as Mississauga with 150 thousand homes....

why???

It's plain to see that some areas are just better than others for home services.....

Little do you know that most BIG operations dont have more than 3 or 4 trucks anyways... and a lot of the time it's hard to book 12 to 20 calls a day to keep them busy. One truck is always sitting in the shop.

Imagine having 10 trucks to feed with work everyday??? wow

you'd prob-ally be a monopoly

The one man show is a good way to go...3 to 5 jobs a day is pretty realistic for any good local company...

More trucks mean more repair, more wsib, more insurance, more problems.

Any more than 2 trucks could turn into a headache....

I have trouble keeping to up and running ...can you say on staff mechanic??

www.mr-steamer.com
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2006 at 10:47am

The Scoop on Tide

You do the math...

Edited by Carpetologist
Steaminpile View Drop Down
Master Carpet Cleaner
Master Carpet Cleaner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steaminpile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/February/2006 at 11:27am

Edited by Steaminpile
A.K.A.
Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>