Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Portable Carpet Steam Cleaning Machines > Rotovac
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Rotovac - help me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mo fo yo money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rotovac - help me
    Posted: 12/August/2006 at 4:41pm
I have the opportunity to buy a Rotovac fairly cheap ($1200 USD).  The guy claims that he hasn't used it much & it looks to be in very good condition. 

My questions are:
Does the Rotovac really clean better?
Is it good for all residential carpet?
What about commercial jobs?
Is it faster/slower than a wand and does it have faster dry times?
Is there much difference between the older and newer model?

Thanks for the help.

Mo

Sponsored Links

Ninja-wand View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2006 at 7:54pm
#1: Yes, The Rotovac can clean trashies like nobody's biusiness.
#2: I say it is good for 90% of resi. carpets out there.
#3: Rotovac sux for doin commercial glue downs.
#4: From my experience, The rotovac is slower compared to wanding and it leaves the carpet a bit wetter than a  wand. ( you would need to reduce the jets down to 1.0 or .75 for improve dry time).
#5: DOnt have the new rotovac 360...So, cant help ya there.

Hope that helps!!

Edited by Ninja-wand - 12/August/2006 at 7:58pm
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2006 at 12:00am
If you get it, give me an e-mail. I will provide you with your first set of glides for it no charge. They will allow you to get faster drying and even better cleaning with it.

Ken
icon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2006 at 7:18pm
i never got my roto-glides!! Cry 

Ken never sent me the free ones he said he would. he said they would take 3 weeks but that was about 4 months ago. (made a new screen name since then since i started my business)

I did however end up buying some green glides for 2 wands and i havent used the rotovac since!!

the rotovac is awesome on really soiled carpets but it just takes a lot longer and uses more water.

Edited by icon - 13/August/2006 at 7:19pm
Ken Harris View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Harris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2006 at 8:00pm
I did send you your glides when I said I would. If they were lost in the mail, that does not change the fact they were sent.
Ninja-wand View Drop Down
Journeyman
Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ninja-wand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2006 at 10:09pm

C'mon Ken, You cant treat your customers like that...I'd like to think youre better than that.

Btw, I can really tell that customer satisfaction is your #1 Priority (Thats sarcasm for those with no sense of humor).Ermm
I'll make you TAP OUT!!!
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2006 at 1:07am
If the customer does not let the shipper know they were not received, it is his own fault that he/she is without. We are not mind readers you know.
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
Dennis Conner View Drop Down
SGK Basher
SGK Basher

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dennis Conner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2006 at 1:10am
ken has had more shipments 'lost' in the mail than the rest of the world combined...don't believe him!!!
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2006 at 1:18am
Funny Post

Nightrider
Mo fo yo money View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mo fo yo money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2006 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Ninja-wand Ninja-wand wrote:

#1: Yes, The Rotovac can clean trashies like nobody's biusiness.
#2: I say it is good for 90% of resi. carpets out there.
#3: Rotovac sux for doin commercial glue downs.
#4: From my experience, The rotovac is slower compared to wanding and it leaves the carpet a bit wetter than a  wand. ( you would need to reduce the jets down to 1.0 or .75 for improve dry time).
#5: DOnt have the new rotovac 360...So, cant help ya there.

Hope that helps!!

Thnaks for the help.

Mo
icon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2006 at 3:56pm

Ken,

LOL, you are a funny man. I'm telling you that I never got the "free" rotovac glides you said you'd ship. Shiet, i waited for them for weeks but I guess all the talk about you here is true. I come on this site for education as I am new to the business. One of the things I should have learned off the bat was that you are just plain sorry, in every way, with that response. And to think, I almost bought some of your crap on ebay. They were lost in the mail!!!  LOL...funny

Thanks for all the heads up about Ken, you guys. I don't know what he had done to recieve all the jabs that he does on here but I see them on every other post and now i think i know why.

erick

Edited by icon - 17/August/2006 at 4:56pm
Superglide Ken View Drop Down
Grand Potentate
Grand Potentate

SGK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Superglide Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2006 at 5:06pm
Erick: They were sent, and I am sorry you never got them. But, I will take care of that, once more. I will send you out another set today. Look for them to arrive in about 10 days time. and e-mail if you don't have them by then.

Thanks,

ken
Inventor of the Teflon Wand Glide and the Turboteck Rotary Air Duct Cleaners for TMs.
 Post Reply Post Reply