Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Business Marketing Advertising and Promotion Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Price

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 31>
Author
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2007 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by pilediver pilediver wrote:

I was informed that I made a mistake the actual bill is $5206. They only billed me for 1 clutch and they wrote back the time charge to $30 per hour. In the end from the view for the new blower bearings shaft clutch and time that seems reasonable. The time on the unit is high but the wrote it back. Fair is fair. They were as frustrated with this as I was. Now I got to figure out how to pay for it all.   

That sounds fair. $30/hr is a really good rate as long as they didn't pad the hours.

$5206 is pocket change for you PD. A couple of red board jobs and it'll be covered

The STD Meter
Sponsored Links

doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2007 at 8:34pm
Should have it all made back by tomorrow night?
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2007 at 8:38pm
Oh yeah. Upsell to the deep clean for $3280

Edited by cmaster - 22/March/2007 at 8:39pm

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2007 at 8:40pm
Don't forget the surcharge for gas and repairs??
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2007 at 8:44pm
And the longtermdebtreductioncharge

The STD Meter
doug View Drop Down
King of the One Liners
King of the One Liners

Just My opinion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2007 at 9:20pm
That's a mouth full??
Just My opinion
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2007 at 9:40pm
As long as they pay it, just like the one on the hydro bill

The STD Meter
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2007 at 11:16pm
Was a simple question no need to blow up.  I see a lost of sites in Canada that advertise a lot of portable setups thats all.  In the US you don't see portables on display or even advertised.  Why would you say I don't know about big truck mounts?  Wasn't asking for justification, was wondering for my own opinion why the need for a big truck mount.  If you are dual wanding that makes since, but for single wand and people get big truck mount makes no since IMO.
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2007 at 11:17pm
I'm f**ked. I need business to pickup yesterday. Got a new truck to buy you know.
http://www.expertcarpetcare.ca>Carpet Cleaning in Victoria BC
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2007 at 11:31pm
It seems to be a short-sighted assumption that the only reason for a big blower is for a person who does double wanding.   59 or larger big blowers pick up significantly better and will dry carpets significantly faster.

A box van truck on a diesel cab and chassis runs significantly less expensive than a extended van for only a few thousand more capital cost. A box van turns tighter than a regular van and an extended van. A box van does not have to have a 7 foot high box or 8 feet wide. It can be 6 feet tall and 7 feet wide and you can have room for tools and more water.

More area and weight capability is needed to carry more water (180 -200gal) for the more progressive technique of high volume flush that needs the accompanying high vacuum using 2 inch wands and a hybrid of hose diameters that range from 2.5 inch to 2 inch.

Edited by pilediver - 22/March/2007 at 11:31pm
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2007 at 11:45pm
See that wasn't hard.  Where did you find box trucks for only few thousand more.  When I was looking was like 5k more for what options I wanted.  I have a 5.9 blower when from a 4.3 blower was expecting better drying times.  Dropped about an hour.  I now run 2 2"hose to a Y and then into a 2 in hose to the tool dropped my lift .5 hg.  Mods on my rx helped out a little.  Have tried 2.5 hose to the tool. So I have experimented every way I know how to utilize vacuum.  The problem is the tool you can only pull around 250 cfms though a wand and about 300 or so through an rx.

Edited by bryan - 22/March/2007 at 11:46pm
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2007 at 11:53pm
Pimp your rig

The STD Meter
pilediver View Drop Down
Carpet Cleaning Guru
Carpet Cleaning Guru

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pilediver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2007 at 11:56pm
Something wrong there. What rpm are you running the blower at. Is the blower cool?

A GMC diesel 1 ton van is 36-37k a GMC W3500 diesel and a box is 45K truck 36K Collins box 9K with roll up side door and roll up back door.

Edited by pilediver - 22/March/2007 at 11:57pm
bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/March/2007 at 11:58pm
Na the problem is most cleaning tools where designed for portables or so can be used with portables.  This way they don't limit there market.  So going for a bigger blower was expecting more out of it.  I loose a lot of cfm's through vac relieve.  There goes my cfm's. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 31>