Welcome to KleenKuip.com's Professional Carpet Cleaners Discussion Forum!

Carpet Cleaning Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Carpet Cleaners Discussion > Carpet Cleaners Hangout
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commercial Floor Cleaning Machines

Looking for the best advice

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2006 at 10:33pm
If nothing else, nightrider took Adwa out of hiding and brought her back into the fold to hold everything together in harmony. Adwa is always the glue that holds it all together on this forum.
Sponsored Links

thermedix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thermedix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2006 at 10:44pm
Amen
It`s not how far you fall...it`s how high you bounce back up...
carpetologist View Drop Down
The Great Hardini
The Great Hardini
Hocus Pocus

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carpetologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2006 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by zachspa zachspa wrote:

I am planning on starting a carpet cleaning biz. My plans are to start out slowwww... and on a part-time basis. I have been considering all methods but have been leaning towards the rotovac method. But, to tell you the truth, the more I read about all of the different methods being used the more confused I get. Everyone claims there method is the best of course. And then, I am concerned about some of the things I have read about the rotovac putting down too much water and not working well on surfaces that are not perfectly level..etc.. So before I go out and purchase equipment, I am looking for the safest and most preferable method to use. Also, what about training. Can I just buy the equipment and then start carpet cleaning? Since I have never done it before, whats the best way to get started, limiting the possibility of messing someones carpet up because I have no experience? Does anyone recommend the dry method such as HOST? I know that where I live, in Raleigh NC, one of the most successful carpet cleaning companies in the area use the Host system exclusively. The dry cleaning approach is very attractive because of the no dry time factor.  Maybe its best to offer more than one method and let the customer choose? I would really like to know if anyone else experienced the same decision making dilemmas as I am facing. I would appreciate any and all opinions... Thanks!

Ron

Seems like everyone but JohnL has skated around your original questions. Let me see if I can help enlighten you.

First off if you are confused think of how Mrs. Housewife must feel. And, I am sure whatever system you choose you will consider it and advertise it as being the best. Yet, you may have a few who may disagree. The Rotovac can eject whatever amount of water you choose simply by adjusting the orfus in the jets.

You just may find that the 360 may not work best in some situations. But, experience has proven it works very well in most. The preferable system is water extraction. Most start this business with absolutely not training at all. We suggest that you take an IICRC School. The chances of you messing up will only be if you are a clutz.

Yes, if your budget can handle it I also suggest you offer both the Wet & Dry Systems. Preferably OP (Oscillating Power).

Adwa View Drop Down
Queen of the Board
Queen of the Board

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2006 at 11:24am
[

ADWA.............I'll call you...................but.........No phone sex Big smile

Nightrider
[/QUOTE]

Nightrider

I tried phone sex once and it wasn't as good as I thought it would be!!!

Then someone told me that I had to dial a number first  LOL
The Following Statements do not Necessarily Reflect the Views of this Forum Network

http://www.kleenkuip.com
cmaster View Drop Down
IICRC Instigator
IICRC Instigator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2006 at 11:27am
Switch your cell phone to vibrate and call yourself.LOL
nightrider View Drop Down
Marketing Master
Marketing Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2006 at 4:23pm

WELL ADWA......................YOU KNOW MY NUMBER Phone LET'S SEE WHAT COMES UP.....THEN WE CAN SHARE IT WITH ALL THE BOARD

Drooling       NIGHTRIDER
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345